View Poll Results: Yes or No

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 35.56%
  • No

29 64.44%
    I'm wondering whether I should buy the current torch or wait for the Torch 2. The Torch 2 will probably have all the cons fixed, so I might wait on it. What shud i doz?? Should I wait for the Torch 2?? Answer in the poll above
    Last edited by kingkris97; 12-29-10 at 12:01 PM.
    12-29-10 11:58 AM
    ....and you know the torch 2 will come out when?
    Could be months, could be a year or 2 from now, who knows. I say bite the bullet and buy the first gen, really nice phone.
    kingkris97 likes this.
    12-29-10 12:00 PM
    Your question isn't clear...I assume it is, "Should I wait for the Torch 2". Homer is right, pull the trigger now cause there may never be Torch 2. Besides no matter what phone you buy, there will be something "better, newer" further down the road that you will want to go to. If you continually question whether to get something or not, you never will. As my Daddy used to say when we couldn't make a decision, "Crap or get off the pot!"
    12-29-10 12:31 PM
    I have the best buy handset protection plan ($12/month) and they said they'll give me the Torch 2 as a replacement phone when it comes out if the Torch 1 is discontinued. I just love Best Buy and their awesome deals!! So I was like whatever then give me a torch and i'll be back for the torch 2 if and when it gets released

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 12:33 PM
    I have the best buy handset protection plan ($12/month) and they said they'll give me the Torch 2 as a replacement phone when it comes out if the Torch 1 is discontinued. I just love Best Buy and their awesome deals!! So I was like whatever then give me a torch and i'll be back for the torch 2 if and when it gets released

So, if it takes two years for a "Torch 2" to come out you have invested $288 to get a new one as a replacement? My guess is that it would launch with prices close to the current one. Guess, I don't see the benefits of the $12/Month option.

To the OP... Pull the trigger NOW or you'll be scratching your head later when you don't see a 1Ghz Torch with a raised keyboard down the road. Those are the only two Cons of this phone I see. And they're definitely not something I can't work around.
    12-29-10 12:47 PM
    Get a really cool phone that I can enjoy now OR wait for a phone that may or may not ever happen???

This seems like a silly question
    12-29-10 12:52 PM
    I always get what is the best at the current point of time. You could wait forever, and as others have said, after you get the Torch to, soon enough, you'll maybe hear about a Torch 3, get the phone that will make you happy now.

Plus, what's with this 1 GHz. CPU thing? a BlackBerry performs fine with 624 Mhz. and 512 MB of memory, why would you want more? This is not a PC or a Notebook, this is a smartphone, RIM didn't include a 1 GHz. CPU as they thinkg a 624 MHz. will do the job, just like it does on the Bold 9700, 9780
    12-29-10 01:32 PM
    1 GHz cpu is old news. Now its a fail if they don't have dual-core processors...

The Torch 3 will be even better and correct the flaws of the Torch 2...
    12-29-10 03:12 PM
    1 GHz cpu is old news. Now its a fail if they don't have dual-core processors...

The Torch 3 will be even better and correct the flaws of the Torch 2...
    You had to go and let the cat out of the bag on the T3. Now what will the OP do?
    12-29-10 03:18 PM
    Waste another $144 on protection plans.

12-29-10 04:08 PM
    I'm pretty sure I will end up getting the Torch 2 and just sell my current Torch, isn't that what all crackberry addicts do?

12-29-10 04:11 PM
    So, if it takes two years for a "Torch 2" to come out you have invested $288 to get a new one as a replacement? My guess is that it would launch with prices close to the current one. Guess, I don't see the benefits of the $12/Month option.

To the OP... Pull the trigger NOW or you'll be scratching your head later when you don't see a 1Ghz Torch with a raised keyboard down the road. Those are the only two Cons of this phone I see. And they're definitely not something I can't work around.
    Well that isn't the point of the plan, its supposed to cover any type of malfunction or damages to the phone and I will walk out with a brand new Torch. They said I can get the Torch 2 if the Torch gets discontinued so I was like ok sweet!

12-29-10 05:46 PM
    ... What shud i doz??
    Um, get some spelling lessons?
    12-29-10 06:36 PM
    Well that isn't the point of the plan, its supposed to cover any type of malfunction or damages to the phone and I will walk out with a brand new Torch. They said I can get the Torch 2 if the Torch gets discontinued so I was like ok sweet!

That's the thing about the Best Buy PEP. You have to reproduce the problem on your device to the store in order to get a brand new replacement. I have the PEP and one time had to fight tooth and nail to get a brand new replacement. I'm on my 4th 9700, so I got my money's worth so far. I'm getting the Torch soon. I just hope my 9700 blows up so I can replace it with the 9780.
    12-29-10 07:20 PM
    To the OP. Just buy the Torch and enjoy it now. Who knows when the Torch 2 will be out. Life's too short to wait.
    12-29-10 07:21 PM

I find Bestbuy warranty along with futureshop's warranty is just garbage they always promise you the next model if your model is discountinued but they always find a way to fix yours so they don't have to replace it for you
    12-29-10 07:24 PM
    That's the thing about the Best Buy PEP. You have to reproduce the problem on your device to the store in order to get a brand new replacement. I have the PEP and one time had to fight tooth and nail to get a brand new replacement. I'm on my 4th 9700, so I got my money's worth so far. I'm getting the Torch soon. I just hope my 9700 blows up so I can replace it with the 9780.
    Open it up and do something to the motherboard that will malfunction the phone. After all they're just employees who may know nothing about the insides of the phone xD

12-29-10 07:27 PM
    To the OP. Just buy the Torch and enjoy it now. Who knows when the Torch 2 will be out. Life's too short to wait.
    ^^Ditto!^^
    12-29-10 07:38 PM
    Open it up and do something to the motherboard that will malfunction the phone. After all they're just employees who may know nothing about the insides of the phone xD

I thought about that. But with my luck, I might get a smart employee and will notice the white sticker has been removed. Any other suggestions? Is there any way to fry the motherboard without taking it apart? Sorry mods.
    12-29-10 08:10 PM
    OP, get the Torch. You won't regret it. Besides, it's available......now.
    12-29-10 08:49 PM
    I say wait for the Dakota/Magnum 9900.
    12-30-10 12:28 AM
    As most hve said u'll b waitin a while...where's storm 3 still mia torch 2 way further away

12-30-10 12:46 AM
    I say wait for the Dakota/Magnum 9900.
    At this point, it's probably wiser to wait for the Dakota 2
    12-30-10 12:51 AM
    damn, the next generation Torch better be lighter, faster, better call quality, and better keyboard!
    12-30-10 11:10 AM
    One of the best phones blackberry ever made was the 9000 and where is the 9000 2. It can't be the 9700, bc that's a completely different phone.
    So if u go with that, u understand that there maybe no torch too and u missed the torch moment which is now!

12-30-10 11:29 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD