Will we ever see a torch like device on T-Mobile?

I have a bold 9700 (os6) but love the idea of a keyboard and a touchscreen.
    11-24-10 11:20 PM
    I highly doubt it. You can always get the AT&T Torch unlocked so it can work on T-Mobile though.
    11-25-10 12:31 AM
    I highly doubt it. You can always get the AT&T Torch unlocked so it can work on T-Mobile though.
    But only with Edge. AT&T and T-Mobile use different frequencies for 3G.
    11-25-10 12:35 AM
    I am a TMO user with an unlocked Torch. The loss of 3G is no big deal. Using mine on Edge next to my mom's on ATT 3G shows practically comparable speeds. On wifi they are the same. Not worth not getting it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 10:25 PM
    I am a TMO user with an unlocked Torch. The loss of 3G is no big deal. Using mine on Edge next to my mom's on ATT 3G shows practically comparable speeds. On wifi they are the same. Not worth not getting it.

. I have one on t-mobile also. Totally worth it. Btw UMA works perfect

11-27-10 10:41 PM
    that is good to hear. I am a little worried about the loss of 3G. Been using a Bold 9700 on TMobile for the last year and not sure i would like the downgrade.
    11-27-10 11:08 PM
    I was also on the Bold 9700 for the year preceding the Torch. I have no regrets at all. The phone rocks

11-28-10 02:50 PM
    This question has been posed many times, many ways but the answer is still the same.

Not very likely. Citing as an example the 9000. It never left AT&T.

In addition, the Torch was developed in a partnership with RIM and AT&T and designed to work with their frequencies and not those of TMO. If you want the full functionality, switch to AT&T.

11-28-10 05:22 PM
    I'm a long time TMobile guy. I'm about to grab a Torch on Craigslist, unlock, add the UMA, etc. I just wanted to see if I'm going to notice anything significant with EDGE only. It sounds like a couple of you are pretty happy with it. Will anything negative stick out?

thanks

RC
    01-25-11 11:36 AM
    ^ web surfing using 3G and EDGE is very noticable.
    but think about it...
    with all the free wifi everywhere.. i would grab a Torch.
    01-25-11 02:27 PM
    I say go for it and get the torch, had 9700 for tmo as well. Got the torch on cl unlocked and now I love it

01-25-11 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD