My brand new torch is sending out text messages but so far two people told me all they got from me was a blank text message... Is anyone else having this issue or has any idea what I should do to fix this?
    08-29-10 04:30 PM
    You may need to check ur settings to make sure you dont have the return button send the message. Thats all i can think of right now.
    08-29-10 08:06 PM
    I have no issues with my texts. Can you send yourself a text and receive it? I don't know if you have tried, but maybe a battery pull might work.
    08-29-10 08:13 PM
    i installed bb desktop software to my computer, connected my torch, checked for updates (even though i was sure there probably wouldn't be any) then tried to work my phone, and it did fine
    09-12-10 10:39 PM
    Yeah, I know the answer. You are going over the 160 char. limit. I've never seen this with my other bb (9700, 9000, 8310), but for the torch if you go over 160 char, it will send the message as a blank. So you have to talk slow and limit your talking to less than 160 char. That bothered me for a week, with people telling me I was sending blank messages, and I could see what I'd written. I think this is a bug, because with my 9700, it would just continue the 161th char. as pg.2 of the text. Hope this helps.
    09-15-10 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD