I was excited to see the Torch now has tethering...seems simple...anyone tried it? and Im assuming you need the att tethering plan which costs extra?
    11-19-10 12:13 PM
    I didnt try it but as far as i know it cost only the app then all what you use is data from your carrier the plan u chose, if you have unlimited plan on 3g u can use it as internet
    But first CALL YOUR CARRIER ABOUT THIS AND LET HIM KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO MAYBE IS NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR CARRIER.

Here is a link to a story who i might think have to take in consideration.
    Bell reverses massive $47,000 cellphone bill... “I think I’ll still stay with Bell" | MobileSyrup.com
    11-19-10 01:55 PM
    I was excited to see the Torch now has tethering...seems simple...anyone tried it? and Im assuming you need the att tethering plan which costs extra?
    It's simple to set up, I found all the info here.
    Using BlackBerry As Modem - BlackBerryFAQ
    I don't have the tethering plan, but I also don't use it very often. Haven't had any problems so far.
    11-19-10 07:11 PM
    yea pretty easy stuff
    u dont need a seperate app just use blackberry desktop manager.
    11-20-10 06:09 AM
    i LOVE tethering my phone to my computer. I used to do it on my CDMA Curve, but the Torch is much easier.

For my mac book pro all i had to do was to pair them in bluetooth mode, and then under the Bluetooth DUN connection i just set my channel ID to 1, and my ASP to isp.telus.net.

took about 3 minutes from start of the bluetooth pairing to using the net.
    11-20-10 09:00 AM
    Yeah on a mac it is really easy just set up a dial up connection from your torch on ATT.
    Phone Number: wap.cingular
    Account Name: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password:cinngular1

Under advanced options select
    Vendor: Option N.V.
    Model: GSM
    APN: WAP.CINGULAR
    CID: 1
    nite732 likes this.
    11-20-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD