Hello

Can you please confirm if you get that plastic type of squeaking sound when you press to the left or right of the trackpad (half the distance between the trackpad and the blackberry or escape button.

I love my Torch and will definitely keep it, but I don't want stuck with a flawed phone.

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks,
    10-02-10 09:49 AM
    I haven't found that issue with the trackpad. I usually gently run my finger across the trackpad and only press it when I need to select something. Are you accidentally pressing one of the buttons adjacent to the trackpad?
    10-02-10 09:59 AM
    Thanksfor the reply, but my issue is not with the trackpad. It seems like the plastic covering the 4 buttons + trackpad produce a squeaking sound when you press just outside the trackpad, either to the left or right?

I know it is a BIT knit picky, but just want to know it someone else has the same issue

Thanks
    10-02-10 10:06 AM
    Thanksfor the reply, but my issue is not with the trackpad. It seems like the plastic covering the 4 buttons + trackpad produce a squeaking sound when you press just outside the trackpad, either to the left or right?

I know it is a BIT knit picky, but just want to know it someone else has the same issue

Thanks
    No offense but the key word is plastic. I had a very slight one when I first got my Torch which I wouldn't have noticed if I had not read any posts about it but now there is no squeek for any buttons
    10-02-10 10:15 AM
    I have it between the blackberry and trackpad and the sound doesn't bother as much as the bb button doesn't really work. It seems as if it isn't connected to a button underneath at that point

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 10:19 AM
    I have it between the blackberry and trackpad and the sound doesn't bother as much as the bb button doesn't really work. It seems as if it isn't connected to a button underneath at that point

Take it back and exchange it.
    10-02-10 10:23 AM
    I have the same slight clicking noise when pressing the buttons either side of the track pad but I asked my friend to listen for it and he could hardly hear it so I think it's just us BB owners expecting perfection.

We are nearly here with the Torch!
    10-02-10 11:25 AM
    Hello

Can you please confirm if you get that plastic type of squeaking sound when you press to the left or right of the trackpad (half the distance between the trackpad and the blackberry or escape button.

I love my Torch and will definitely keep it, but I don't want stuck with a flawed phone.

Thanks,
    No squeak noise at all when I press the escape and BB buttons close to the trackpad.
    10-02-10 12:06 PM
    i got the same sound. i think maybe is the two sided tape under the keys that makes that noise?
    10-02-10 01:40 PM
    Mine squeaks but when plastic contacts plastic it's a sound I expect...both bb and back buttons work fine so I'm not gonna worry about it...didn't even notice until this post

10-02-10 04:20 PM
    I'm getting this problem after only just getting a replacement for a problem with the proximity sensor - it only seems to be affecting the back-button and end call/power-off button but the back-button is so ANNOYINGLY obvious
    10-02-10 04:31 PM
    Hello

Thanks,
    FYI:

I've gone through 2 9700's. I also just got my wife a 9700 and my buddy picked up a Torch the other day and let me check it out. They all have minor squeak. Don't sweat it. Performance and responsiveness is what counts. I used to get all worked up with my phones ... wobbly things, loose bezels, sqeaks....you will get a perfect phone out of box but everything will loosen with time.

Hope that helps.
    10-03-10 01:15 AM
    Take it back and exchange it.
    But I am out of my 30 days, does that matter?

10-03-10 03:09 AM
    I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the bezel on the lower part of the phone by the keyboard. When I pressed on the screen or buttons it put pressure on the bezel. It would squeek/creak because there was a place that was loose. I could watch it move up and down. It may have been partly due to the Otterbox case I was using combined with the fact that I had been carrying it in my jeans pocket. I took it back.
    10-03-10 05:51 AM
    But I am out of my 30 days, does that matter?

Since you are out of your 30 day window, a warranty exchange for a refurb or file a claim and pay the deductible. Call AT&T or your carrier for sure.

10-03-10 08:40 AM
    My 3rd replacement..and this one's even worse. I can't be bothered to keep going back and forth to the store, do security wipe then come home, do a restore, reinstall apps etc.

I've found a temporary fix! - try and find a super thin object e.g. scalpel knife (if you don't have steady hands then anything non-metal will do) lift up the back button/whatever buttons around the trackpad are squeaking in-between it and the silver bezel, stick a tiny piece of paper underneath - done the trick for me no more squeaks yay \o/
    10-03-10 09:09 AM
    thankssss allooot i did your trick of small paper and it worked temporary

but anyone knows where i will find the official trim/side cover (the one with at&t logo on) on internet?
    10-11-10 12:13 AM
    have been using the torch for exactly one month now.. mine has slight squeaking sound as well, but don't bother me that much.
    I think it's just the tape that glued the buttons with whatever underneath it, not such a big problem imo..
    10-11-10 05:51 AM
    LOL i find threads like this kinda funny... Most people dont even recognize stuff like this until someone posts about it and they start playing with their device trying to get it to do what the OP states... if u play with it long enough it'll happen. about the only thing Ive noticed from most threads like this.....

SOME PEOPLE HAVE SERIOUS OCD

its a phone made of plastic on plastic its going to creak and groan some. Nature of the beast. Bottom line, if it bothers u that much take it back for an exchange or if your after your 30 days then pay the deductible and make an insurance claim for a new one. personally ive learned to live with the creaks and groans of plastic on plastic and am quite happy with the way my torch functions.
    fass likes this.
    10-11-10 07:14 AM
    Mine actually makes a pretty loud squeaking noise when I press the mute button - it just started this weekend. There is a very minor version of this noise somewhere near my back/end keys but that doesn't bother me - it's so minor. The mute button though...it's getting annoying!
    10-11-10 08:55 AM
    Hello

Thanks,
    Hey im having the same issue with the phone...its really anoying...dont know if that could be fixed...did you put a screen protector on it , cause when i did i had a spary that came with "isheild" ...and might of got some in the bottons, but not sure.
    10-11-10 10:33 PM
    Hey, i have the same issue with my phone. I slightly touch either any of the 4 keys where the trackpad is located and when i lift my finger up, it produces a rather "sticky" or squeaky sound as you described. I guess i'll learn to live with it.
    10-12-10 11:12 AM
    Hey, i have the same issue with my phone. I slightly touch either any of the 4 keys where the trackpad is located and when i lift my finger up, it produces a rather "sticky" or squeaky sound as you described. I guess i'll learn to live with it.
    Ditto. I guess I have OCD though, cause it bugs me!
    10-12-10 11:30 AM
    My 3rd replacement..and this one's even worse. I can't be bothered to keep going back and forth to the store, do security wipe then come home, do a restore, reinstall apps etc.

I've found a temporary fix! - try and find a super thin object e.g. scalpel knife (if you don't have steady hands then anything non-metal will do) lift up the back button/whatever buttons around the trackpad are squeaking in-between it and the silver bezel, stick a tiny piece of paper underneath - done the trick for me no more squeaks yay \o/
    U crazy! post a vid on youtube!!
    10-12-10 11:31 AM
    Hey im having the same issue with the phone...its really anoying...dont know if that could be fixed...did you put a screen protector on it , cause when i did i had a spary that came with "isheild" ...and might of got some in the bottons, but not sure.
    Mine had no noise at all until I put the Zagg Invisible Shield on it. Guessing it was caused by the spray that was coming from under the shield while removing air bubbles. Not a real problem, don't really notice it unless in very quiet room.
    10-12-10 12:26 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD