The OS 6 well perform very well on the 9780.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 07:11 PM
    Update: Well, I went away on business this weekend. Today would have been 30 days to the day that I bought my torch. So my wife offered to return it to AT&T for me while I was away. I got home today and I will admit, I really missed my Torch. Sure, my 9000 is comfort and nice n big...but that darn Torch kept creeping into my head. The web browsing, the touch/zoom/ pinch....the fact that I didn't even wanna bother loading .214 to at least give it a shot.

So I get settled for a night relaxing. Fiddling with my 9000 on the web, when my wife comes home. She says she's sorry, but she didn't make it in time to the AT&T store to return my phone. !!!!!!!!!!!!! I said, "oh, its ok honey......um, WHERE IS IT????, I mean, is it here?" She pulls it out of her purse in all its boxed up glory in which I repacked it in.
    I'm posting from it now. Lol.
    Okay, so I recant my Torch Shmorch. I loaded .214 and most of those annoying bugs are gone. Tomorrow will be the test. Can I keep this bad boy with a full charge. Or will that dastardly heat sensor prevent the phone from taking a charge. We shall see if my Porsche can fly like my Vespa always did...or will it just be a great looking car, not worth diddley squat, parked in my dresser drawer next to my Motorola Razr

HA!!! I totally missed your whole saga til tonight I actually took my 9800 back (a bit more permanently than you) but I've been feeling that big screen, OS 6 itch, so I'll be watching for updates from you
    Did you ever notice spell check or the "sym' key on the physical keyboard not working in the browser?
    09-12-10 09:05 PM
    I can't believe how everyone jumped his ***. I think my Storm2 and 9700 are both far better than this phone. Does that make me a bad person that deserves berating? Granted in the OP's cases he kept the phone but not everyone will. When OS6 drops for the 9700 I doubt I'll touch this thing too often. It's all personal preference.

I agree. From taking offense from another persons opinion (on a phone?!?) to outright personal attacks on members, the posts from some people on CB have been getting ridiculous
    09-12-10 09:15 PM
    Max, no, I haven't noticed spell check not working. And symbols <yup> they work. %��

09-12-10 09:21 PM
    Max, no, I haven't noticed spell check not working. And symbols <yup> they work. %€�

Thanks brother
    I almost wish you had said "no, it's not working" so I wouldn't be tempted to buy another one tomorrow
    09-12-10 09:39 PM
    Update: Well, I went away on business this weekend. Today would have been 30 days to the day that I bought my torch. So my wife offered to return it to AT&T for me while I was away. I got home today and I will admit, I really missed my Torch. Sure, my 9000 is comfort and nice n big...but that darn Torch kept creeping into my head. The web browsing, the touch/zoom/ pinch....the fact that I didn't even wanna bother loading .214 to at least give it a shot.

So I get settled for a night relaxing. Fiddling with my 9000 on the web, when my wife comes home. She says she's sorry, but she didn't make it in time to the AT&T store to return my phone. !!!!!!!!!!!!! I said, "oh, its ok honey......um, WHERE IS IT????, I mean, is it here?" She pulls it out of her purse in all its boxed up glory in which I repacked it in.
    I'm posting from it now. Lol.
    Okay, so I recant my Torch Shmorch. I loaded .214 and most of those annoying bugs are gone. Tomorrow will be the test. Can I keep this bad boy with a full charge. Or will that dastardly heat sensor prevent the phone from taking a charge. We shall see if my Porsche can fly like my Vespa always did...or will it just be a great looking car, not worth diddley squat, parked in my dresser drawer next to my Motorola Razr

Yes keep us updated please. Thanks for the entertaining post too! I can totally imagine how the dialogue between you and your wife went. Put in the same shoes I would have done the same.
    09-12-10 10:00 PM
    I went back to my Bold also. The keypad is alot easier to use on the Bold.
    09-12-10 11:54 PM
    Nothing comes close to the Bold 9000 keypads....
    add the stereo sounds as well
    09-13-10 12:01 AM
    The OS 6 well perform very well on the 9780.

I bet it will - but I was talking about the 9700, not the 9780.
    09-13-10 06:50 AM
    TheBoyGenius posted a video of his 9700 running OS6 and it looked fast! Faster than the torch even (with .141 anyway). I'm just waiting for a leak so that I can load that badboy up.

I bet it will - but I was talking about the 9700, not the 9780.
    09-13-10 06:52 AM
    TheBoyGenius posted a video of his 9700 running OS6 and it looked fast! Faster than the torch even (with .141 anyway). I'm just waiting for a leak so that I can load that badboy up.
    Cool beans, but just wait until it leaks - the moaners/complainers will have their hands fulll. Just don't see it going very well with the memory on the 9700. We will see!
    09-13-10 06:55 AM
    Yep. I doubt it'll be for everyone but that's the beauty of the Blackberry, there's something for everyone. I personally have minimal needs, I install maybe 5 apps on my phones.

Cool beans, but just wait until it leaks - the moaners/complainers will have their hands fulll. Just don't see it going very well with the memory on the 9700. We will see!
    09-13-10 07:12 AM
    Yep. I doubt it'll be for everyone but that's the beauty of the Blackberry, there's something for everyone. I personally have minimal needs, I install maybe 5 apps on my phones.

I'm with you there - I don't add a lot of stuff, but I do have my "must haves"......
    09-13-10 07:18 AM
    I think it will be fine. I have absolutely no memory leak with about a dozen apps installed...I never drop below 320MB. If you take 256MB away from that and make my phone a 9700, then I never drop below 64MB. Way better than I was on my 9000!
    09-13-10 09:39 AM
    UPDATE:
    Friday was a tough day for me, here in NY we had an indian summer, my AC in my truck gave out and I had to spend the entire day in the truck before I could get it repaired this coming Monday. I began my day at 5am, phone started ringing around 6. By 11am I had dropped my usual amount of calls and then some, about 10 - 15, which is average for NYC and AT&T. Anyway, the torch, with its darn heat sensor and always running hot, coupled with the fact I had no air conditioning to keep my truck cool, refused to take a charge unless I removed the case, then battery cover and held it out the freakin window WHILE I was driving just to cool it down enough to take a charge. As you can imagine, this was annoying and quite difficult to do. Also, I don't like the feeling of holding a 550.00 phone out the window with no back cover whilst hauling balls down the Cross Bronx Expressway bouncing around in a big truck. So....around 12pm I get the call, a friend of mine telling me one of my customers called him asking if I was still in business. (Some customers of mine still love calling me on my cell phone rather than office). The friend tells me the customer received a message on my cell saying "the number you are trying to reach is out of service" that did it. This isn't the first time I have heard this from people trying to get ahold of me. For some reason, AT&T doesn't always go straight to voicemail when the phone is in a dead spot. It gives that "not in service" message. I guess you can call it the straw that broke the camels back, because I immediately tried to log onto google maps from my torch and search for "verizon wireless". Needless to say, google maps lagged and didn't even load any graphics (typical for at&t in NYC) so I powered up my Garmin GPS, and found the nearest Verizon Wireless store. Jumped out of my truck and one hour later I walked out with a new Bold 9650 and an $85.00 ETF from my now self-breached AT&T 2 year contract. I will definitely be selling all 3 of my useless AT&T phones. My 9000, 9700 and Torch. No need to keep em around, they will only wind up rotting in a drawer.

Things I'll miss:
    #1. Simultaneous voice and data - this is a huge one, but I'd rather have good service. For those who have seen me say so in the past, I was a vzw customer from inception. I fell to the allure of the 9000 and jumped knowingly to sub par att.
    #2. My 9000. I would always swap SIMs back into my 9000 and cruise that giant keyboard.
    #3. OS 6, but I just saw today that OS6 has hit the Bold 9650! So, that aint so bad!
    Anyway, the immediate thing I noticed and am quite happy with is, I've had Verizon since Friday at 1pm and I haven't dropped one call, nor do I expect to any time soon. The 9650 is so so, nothing great. I'll live. Hope vzw at some point, gets a larger phone....but that's highly unlikely. Who knows, maybe some day vzw will roll out 4G or LTE and I'll get my simultaneous voice/data back. Let's hope.
    Sorry not posted in the 'those leaving blackberry' forum, but I remembered this thread I started and decided it was more appropriate as an update rather than a new thread. See ya around torchies....have fun with it, I still think the torch was a great device for casual users. It was a fun phone to mess around with for almost 2 months.

09-26-10 10:18 AM
    UPDATE:
    Friday was a tough day for me, here in NY we had an indian summer, my AC in my truck gave out and I had to spend the entire day in the truck before I could get it repaired this coming Monday. I began my day at 5am, phone started ringing around 6. By 11am I had dropped my usual amount of calls and then some, about 10 - 15, which is average for NYC and AT&T. Anyway, the torch, with its darn heat sensor and always running hot, coupled with the fact I had no air conditioning to keep my truck cool, refused to take a charge unless I removed the case, then battery cover and held it out the freakin window WHILE I was driving just to cool it down enough to take a charge. As you can imagine, this was annoying and quite difficult to do. Also, I don't like the feeling of holding a 550.00 phone out the window with no back cover whilst hauling balls down the Cross Bronx Expressway bouncing around in a big truck. So....around 12pm I get the call, a friend of mine telling me one of my customers called him asking if I was still in business. (Some customers of mine still love calling me on my cell phone rather than office). The friend tells me the customer received a message on my cell saying "the number you are trying to reach is out of service" that did it. This isn't the first time I have heard this from people trying to get ahold of me. For some reason, AT&T doesn't always go straight to voicemail when the phone is in a dead spot. It gives that "not in service" message. I guess you can call it the straw that broke the camels back, because I immediately tried to log onto google maps from my torch and search for "verizon wireless". Needless to say, google maps lagged and didn't even load any graphics (typical for at&t in NYC) so I powered up my Garmin GPS, and found the nearest Verizon Wireless store. Jumped out of my truck and one hour later I walked out with a new Bold 9650 and an $85.00 ETF from my now self-breached AT&T 2 year contract. I will definitely be selling all 3 of my useless AT&T phones. My 9000, 9700 and Torch. No need to keep em around, they will only wind up rotting in a drawer.

Things I'll miss:
    #1. Simultaneous voice and data - this is a huge one, but I'd rather have good service. For those who have seen me say so in the past, I was a vzw customer from inception. I fell to the allure of the 9000 and jumped knowingly to sub par att.
    #2. My 9000. I would always swap SIMs back into my 9000 and cruise that giant keyboard.
    #3. OS 6, but I just saw today that OS6 has hit the Bold 9650! So, that aint so bad!
    Anyway, the immediate thing I noticed and am quite happy with is, I've had Verizon since Friday at 1pm and I haven't dropped one call, nor do I expect to any time soon. The 9650 is so so, nothing great. I'll live. Hope vzw at some point, gets a larger phone....but that's highly unlikely. Who knows, maybe some day vzw will roll out 4G or LTE and I'll get my simultaneous voice/data back. Let's hope.
    Sorry not posted in the 'those leaving blackberry' forum, but I remembered this thread I started and decided it was more appropriate as an update rather than a new thread. See ya around torchies....have fun with it, I still think the torch was a great device for casual users. It was a fun phone to mess around with for almost 2 months.

Dude, too bad you couldn't wait just a little while. LTE with Storm 3 will becoming to a Verizon store near you. Probably within a year.

I love my Storm1/2. Can hardly wait for the Storm 3. But I do so hope they don't include that stupid trackpad I've seen in some of the supposedly "leaked" pictures. LOL
    09-26-10 10:44 AM
    I have been using the torch since day one of its official release ( I was the first one in my town to actually buy one) and to this day still miss my BB 9000 keyboard but its not enough for me to take it back.
    Agreed -- the 9000 has what I think is the epitome of keyboards for any smart phone. While the physical keyboard of the Torch doesn't quite fill those shoes, it's still good, and it's a small compromise I'll willingly make for the larger display, touch screen, and an actual usable browser.

10 days and still loving my Torch!
    09-26-10 11:10 AM
    UPDATE:

Things I'll miss:

Well, hope Verizon does you better
    "Big truck"? What kind of truck do you drive?

09-27-10 11:04 AM
    06' Peterbilt is the truck I roll in. 475 Cat, 8LL Fuller Roadranger. You can usually find me rolling through the 5 Boroughs and Northern NJ.

09-28-10 05:51 PM
    06' Peterbilt is the truck I roll in. 475 Cat, 8LL Fuller Roadranger. You can usually find me rolling through the 5 Boroughs and Northern NJ.

Respect for trucking in NYC everyday! DC/Baltimore is a pain, but at least they move most of the time and there's space to work with
    I hated everytime I got sent into NYC, but I was on mileage then so there wasn't any money in it for me

09-28-10 06:07 PM
    Man, you gave it an honest shot and I can't blame you for just making what seems like a necessary change in your wireless world.
    Hopefully the 9650 works out for you.

I suspect that you will have no trouble selling your at&t devices... I got $275 for my 9700 and you could probably get $150 for the 9000 ... the Torch, probably close to what you paid for it. Good luck with that!
    09-28-10 06:59 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD