So I got my new torch in the mail yesterday. Really like the phone, except for a few things. 1, the facebook app doesn't work. When I try to sign in it says it can't connect to the server, blah blah blah then (100) at the bottom. Went to my carrier (rogers) and it turns out that I was still on my iPhone data plan, so they switched it to a blackberry one. Still not working. Also bbm doesn't work. I send requests to contacts, contacts send them to me, neither of us gets any. When I'm on wifi the phone will go on the internet, and when I'm on 3G the phone will search on the internet. If I try to use the facebook through the browser and use the touch version of it, that doesn't work either. But the full site will work. Again, facebook app doesn't work in wifi, 3g, or edge networks.

The biggest **** off is the bbm, which is pretty much the reason I got the phone. Data plan was switched today to a blackberry one, and the service rep said it make take 2-3 hours to switch over and start functioning. This was done at 3pm today, and right now as I post this it is 5:07. Is anyone else having similar problems, and if so how did you go about fixing them?
    01-01-11 06:08 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull after the data plan was switched over? Try that, and if it still doesn't work, use universal search to look up "Host Routing Table" and click on the hit under options (should be only one) that comes up. In that screen, press the menu button, click on "Register Now" and see if that resolves the issue.

If you need more info, do a search on these forums for "service books", as Blackberrys need those to perform the various data functions, and without a proper BIS data plan, you will not automatically receive them from your carrier.
    01-01-11 06:11 PM
    The native RIM apps all require a BB data plan (BIS). Once you have the BB icon in the banner, send the service books and you should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 06:13 PM
    Yes I did have my iphone plan from my old phone switched to the blackberry plan about 3 hours ago. Did the battery pull, and received a text from my provider which means the changes we're in effect. I'll give that host routing table thing a try and report back.
    Last edited by sling51; 01-01-11 at 07:43 PM.
    01-01-11 07:40 PM
    Data plan was switched today to a blackberry one, and the service rep said it make take 2-3 hours to switch over and start functioning. This was done at 3pm today, and right now as I post this it is 5:07.
    Yes I did have my iphone plan from my old phone switched to the blackberry plan about 3 hours ago.
    Patience grasshopper...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 10:47 PM
    All those problem sound like you are still not connect to the BIS. Check to see as other have suggested the BB sign next to the 3G means you are connect to the BIS network. Might want to check again with your carrier or wait a bit longer
    01-01-11 10:58 PM
    There is no problem with your phone. Just be patient, I would call your carrier if after resendinf the service books the problem is still not resolved.
    01-02-11 12:56 AM
    Sometimes even though your carrier tells you that it would take about 3 hours to fully complete the change to BIS data plan, their systems can easily run into problems without alerting any of the reps and they will only see the error when you call in. So if its still not up by morning give them a call ASAP
    01-02-11 04:20 AM
    Easiest way to tell if you have BIS connectivity is to go to:

Manage Connections > Service Status

In that screen it will tell you how your connections to BIS are, either wifi or (in your case) Rogers. Only reason I don't like relying on the BIS icons(the dots on the home screen), is with some third party themes there are issues with the BIS icon showing.
    01-02-11 06:50 AM
    Turns out today the guys at the store didn't actually switch my plan over to a blackberry one. I went to a different rogers outlet and the girl there basically said they switched me from one iPhone plan to another. She pulled the battery, made the actual changes, and I was good to go in about 5 minutes. I appreciate all the help you guys gave though, and the speedy responses I got! Happy new years to you all!
    01-02-11 09:04 PM
    Good to hear you got it going. Happy New Year!
    01-02-11 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD