Since many of you don't hesitate to call Android and iphones
    "toys" then i assume its only normal that kids want them too.
    Some of the stories in here are so freakin ridiculous....amazing!
    I think tomorrow will go buy my 9yr old a Torch so i can make some laugh also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I have never said that. My daughter owns an iPhone and my other daughter's boyfriend owns a Droid X. The story may sound ridiculous, but unlike some people here, I'll be glad to back it up. The rep and I are old friends, I've known him for over 5 years. He sold me my Torch just 2-3 weeks ago. He also sold my daughter her iPhone and my wife her Samsung Eternity. So why don't you just man up here, PM me, and I will gladly give you his name and number and he can verify the story. Something tells me you will never do it, and even if you did, you certainly won't come back on here and post it!!! Make no mistake, I was just pointing out that there are many clueless users out there, many of them own a Blackberry, but some are Droid and iPhone users also. My anecdote was strictly to prove that there are people who buy products because of peer pressure, or in this case kid pressure, and have more money than sense. As you well know, there are thousands of posts right here on Crackberry that you have read and thought to yourself, that person bought a phone that is smarter than they are. All I'm saying is that Blackberry doesn't hold a monopoly on that and provided one factual story to back that up.
    10-11-10 10:05 PM
    Right, good thinking. I have an unsupported phone on a carrier and by announcing this, because I'm so important, T-Mobile will go out and get this phone. Well let's see, first you posted a lie, then you failed to provide any proof, thereby letting everyone know you were lying. Yeah, you are a model poster boy for T-Mobile. I'm absolutely certain that T-Mobile will be in touch with you in short order, LOL.
    lol I never said I lied. I simply said I didn't care if the articles I read were true or not. Whether people want to admit it or not Blackberry isn't the most top selling phone of all time. And articles about poor sales expectations exist for the Torch And if you think I'm that important why thank you so much. I love how the people that lurk around these forums have a sarcastic remark for whatever they disagree with and swear they know everything just because (in their minds) having made a comment on 6 thousand posts makes them better than anyone else. We don't even know each other so frankly WHO CARES!! If you don't like what I post read it think its ridiculous and move on. Don't entertain what I post. Simple no harm to you.

10-11-10 10:15 PM
    Yesss!!! If the torch was sent over to T-mobile the sales would rocket!!! I so agree. No1 wants at&t aka the rip-offs however they do have nice phones tho lol

Follow me @Ladii_LiiBra

Lol #Followed #TeamFollowBack

10-11-10 10:21 PM
    Well I have never said that. My daughter owns an iPhone and my other daughter's boyfriend owns a Droid X. The story may sound ridiculous, but unlike some people here, I'll be glad to back it up. The rep and I are old friends, I've known him for over 5 years. He sold me my Torch just 2-3 weeks ago. He also sold my daughter her iPhone and my wife her Samsung Eternity. So why don't you just man up here, PM me, and I will gladly give you his name and number and he can verify the story. Something tells me you will never do it, and even if you did, you certainly won't come back on here and post it!!! Make no mistake, I was just pointing out that there are many clueless users out there, many of them own a Blackberry, but some are Droid and iPhone users also. My anecdote was strictly to prove that there are people who buy products because of peer pressure, or in this case kid pressure, and have more money than sense. As you well know, there are thousands of posts right here on Crackberry that you have read and thought to yourself, that person bought a phone that is smarter than they are. All I'm saying is that Blackberry doesn't hold a monopoly on that and provided one factual story to back that up.
    Ok i'm really gonna call a sales rep to ask him if your story is true. Seriously, i never said you lied, and you don't have to prove anything to me or anyone,but you did get quite defensive there. They way i read your post was as if you meant androids were mostly for kids. If that wasn't the case, then my apologies to you. I still think that many posts in here are quite ridiculous when some try to defend their phones whether it be BB, Iphone or whatever it may be.

10-11-10 10:23 PM
    don't you guyS think releasing the 9800 on over to TMOBILE may help out as far as profits go?
    It's hard to say without seeing the deal that RIM and AT&T made for exclusivity. It must be profitable enough or they wouldn't make those deals.

I hope they bring it to T-Mo and soon. I can't imagine that ATT's input was anything more than "How about a slider?"
    10-11-10 10:28 PM
    It's hard to say without seeing the deal that RIM and AT&T made for exclusivity. It must be profitable enough or they wouldn't make those deals.

I hope they bring it to T-Mo and soon. I can't imagine that ATT's input was anything more than "How about a slider?"
    Enough said. Thank you! All the exclusivity blah blah... Love your response

10-11-10 10:31 PM
    This of course ignores all the telecom innovations that AT&T has been responsible for.
    10-11-10 10:33 PM
    This of course ignores all the telecom innovations that AT&T has been responsible for.
    So what innovation did ATT bring to the Torch that isn't in the 9700?
    10-11-10 11:22 PM
    Well whether you can believe it or not..its a fact. As I've said a dozen times before..most people can barely operate phones beyond simply pushing buttons. That's why the iPhones been as successfull as it has in my opinion..its been dumbed down to the masses (just push this one button and swipe your finger around). When I was trying to find a HTC Desire to buy..the local sales rep said to me "This is a pretty complicated phone you know"..which to me says that the average consumer would have trouble utilizing the phone to its fullest pDoes it suck that RIM didn't put the latest and greatest technology into the Torch..to me it does..but to the average joe the Torch is above and beyond what they need..as are most of the other "smartphones"

I think they put the latest and greatest in this phone. The Torch doesn't need te 1ghz cpu to do what it does. The only people that have a problem w/ the screen res are the ones that know its lower tjan the other brands. This is a great device rim came up w/ and I'm happy. They got it right the 1st time.

10-12-10 12:05 AM
    unless you are a share holder or employee of rim, sales figures shouldn't have anything to do with what kind of phone you buy and enjoy. The torch could sell like crap for all i care. I'll still enjoy it. Do you get some sort of emotional high when you have a phone that's a "hot seller"?

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    exactly!!!
    10-12-10 08:22 AM
    What else so I need to bring to the table? Forums are about discussion, or so I thought. If everyone just swings on RIM's nuts (as you clearly have no problem admitting ), what is there to discuss?
    I agree the Torch isn't the best RIM coulda done with a phone, but it's still pretty good compared to the other blackberries..

Android is an open OS, so they can put it on multiple types of Phones.. and there will always be people that just want what everyone is getting, but at the same time there will be people getting it because they know what it's capable of ..

that works with any type of phone.. unless it;s the iphone cause you cant do jack in regards to customizing unless you jailbreak it.. which voids warranty and apple doesn't like that..

so the end result is that Blackberries are still out selling iphones and android does has the larger share of the pie out of the 3... but most people i see with android phones are between the 15-22 range.. and the odd person that knows what it;s capable of ..
    10-12-10 09:20 AM
    I agree the Torch isn't the best RIM coulda done with a phone, but it's still pretty good compared to the other blackberries..

Android is an open OS, so they can put it on multiple types of Phones.. and there will always be people that just want what everyone is getting, but at the same time there will be people getting it because they know what it's capable of ..

that works with any type of phone.. unless it;s the iphone cause you cant do jack in regards to customizing unless you jailbreak it.. which voids warranty and apple doesn't like that..

so the end result is that Blackberries are still out selling iphones and android does has the larger share of the pie out of the 3... but most people i see with android phones are between the 15-22 range.. and the odd person that knows what it;s capable of ..
    Larger market share? Yes. Outselling Android? Absolutely not.
    10-12-10 09:29 AM
    As far as the point the OP was trying to make, I think opening the phone to more carriers will increase sales. I left Verizon to go to AT&T for the torch, plus the majority of my friends are on AT&T (even though they all have iPhones...), but there is a lot of people on Verizon that either can't make the switch or do not wan to go on AT&T. However, by the time the phone is released on more US carriers, something else would be out and the Torch won't be topping anyones most wanted list. The design was good, but the technology put in the phone will be obesolete well before some of the smartphones released during the same period. Say what you will about how it is adequete for the job, it is, however it decreases the longevity of the device. Its like buying a gallon of milk that expires in a day......

10-12-10 09:34 AM
    Android does not make phones to sell though. If you have a larger market share then logically you have more customers. I can see you must be basing your observation that 1 Rim item is not out-selling an ENTIRE lineup of Android based phones..... I'd like to see how having a larger marketshare does not equate to selling more devices than the competitor. You sure you read that pie chart correctly?

10-12-10 09:39 AM
    yah that;s what i said.. android has a larger piece of the pie.. i believe it's:

android 32%
    RIM 28%
    Apple 22%

i can never use an android phone cause:

a) the landscape keyboads SUCK the way the layout is (not centered)
    b) the touch screen only phones i can't stand
    c) can't stand that you need a google account, i know it's a GOOGLE product but still .. (minor but still annoying)

other then that the top of the line android phones are pretty nice... but i still love my Blackberry!
    10-12-10 09:47 AM
    Then Google must really be the luckiest company in the world, because according to everyone in here, anyone could have just slapped an OS together and experienced the same success. Lucky them!
    Google created Linux?
    10-12-10 09:55 AM
    Google created Linux?
    Linus Torvald might have something to say about that:P
    10-12-10 03:02 PM
    This thread couldn't come close to the discussion that the OP have in mind. Oh well!

10-13-10 09:11 PM
    RIM is failing. Its not a big deal.

10-13-10 10:27 PM
    RIM is failing. Its not a big deal.

So is your trolling..

10-13-10 10:40 PM
    This thread couldn't come close to the discussion that the OP have in mind. Oh well!

LOL

10-14-10 06:36 AM
    Beating a DEAD horse. Oh well I'm out of the 9800 category I traded my torch for a brand new sealed 9700 white! LOL awww and after this long discussion. OH WELL that edge is awful and that torch was sorta odd to text with one hand. Have a good time 9800 owners I enjoyed it while I had it.

10-14-10 06:41 AM

AT&T worked in full collaboration with RIM on the Torch for 16 months!
    http://crackberry.com/t-and-rim-disc...rry-torch-9800

There is no way this device will ever hit another carrier in the US.
    10-14-10 08:47 AM
    I went thru an iPhone 4 and Samsung Captivate before I settled on my Torch. It's the first BB device I have owned since my Pearl, which I thought was a dismal failure of a phone. It worked great for texting and email, but the multimedia experience was terrible. I LOVE my Torch. My fiance' has the Bold 9700 and she loves it, but I think having a touch screen makes the Torch a little bit more flexible.
    10-14-10 11:45 AM
124 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD