Whether the articles are factual are not my true concern!! If you caught the concept of my post ( which you clearly did NOT) I'm not actually bashing the Torch as a phone in general or its capabilities all I'm sayin is I HAVE the TORCH and I WANT IT ON TMOBILE which Is my service provider!! So STFU with all the punchlines cause if we don't have the proof its doing bad you sure as **** don't have the proof its doing GooD! If RIM keeps all these stats private!
    You created a thread under the title "Torch sales a NO GO!!". I asked you to provide proof of that and you didn't. How did I miss the concept of your post? Plus you're saying that you don't care how factual the articles are. How can we have an intelligent discussion if you don't care that you're right or wrong? I posted a link to a transcript of a Research in Motion Earnings Conference Call in which they make it clear that sales are good. Unless you're going to claim they're lying to investors and financial analysts and unless you have reliable numbers of your own, I guess you'll have to admit you were trolling.
    10-11-10 03:14 PM
    The first, third and fourth links are all the same story and are based on the (gu)estimates of two market analysts after three days. (By the way, 150,000 phones in three days is a lot of phones). The second link (ZDNet) turned out to be patently wrong as RIM easily beat market estimates and posted amazing results for the quarter.
    10-11-10 03:24 PM
    1 Ghz is also a misleading claim since not all these phones are running on that. Take the iphone 4 which is clocked to 800mhz. I bet not a lot of iphone 4 owners don't even know that.
    Truth is, it's only a minority of people who cares about this specs. The bloggers, the tech enthusiast and the rest of wannabees like us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 03:32 PM
    Wow, the n00bs are exceptionally ridiculous this week.
    Ain't they sweet?
    10-11-10 03:34 PM
    1 Ghz is also a misleading claim since not all these phones are running on that. Take the iphone 4 which is clocked to 800mhz.
    I wonder how noticeable the difference is between a processor running at 800MHz versus one running at (only) 624MHz. Also, I have looked for but haven't found anything from Apple that lists the A4 as a 1GHz or even 800MHz processor. I know the various blogs and reviews mostly list it at 1GHz but if anyone has a link to something official, please share.

Also, I've played with a couple of 1GHz Android devices (the HTC Desire comes to mind) that aren't any snappier than my Torch.
    10-11-10 03:45 PM
    I wonder how noticeable the difference is between a processor running at 800MHz versus one running at (only) 624MHz. Also, I have looked for but haven't found anything from Apple that lists the A4 as a 1GHz or even 800MHz processor. I know the various blogs and reviews mostly list it at 1GHz but if anyone has a link to something official, please share.

Also, I've played with a couple of 1GHz Android devices (the HTC Desire comes to mind) that aren't any snappier than my Torch.
    I can answer this one. My pre was governed to 500 MHz by Palm but was rated at 600 and could be over clocked up to 800 (when I had it, now a Ghz). There was a HUGE difference between the load times and scrolling with it running at 500 than it had even set to it's actual rating of 600. Overclocking it to 720 (the fastest I ever set it to), the phone flew. A few times when I would restart it for some reason and the overclock reset to 500 I got really frustrated until I remembered I had to set the overclock again. Facebook would take 10 - 15 seconds to load at stock, and 2 - 3 at overclock.

If you hadn't used a phone at 800 you wouldn't know. I can tell you going from my Vibrant at 1 Ghz to my mothers Torch made me grind my teeth with the lag I was hitting. I am used to instant response now. It's obvious to me now when I am using a lower processor. As far as using the HTC, I know on the Android forums some say the Sense UI causes some lag even with the processor that doesn't happen as much with the Galaxy S series, but never having used an HTC I couldn't tell you.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 10-11-10 at 04:01 PM.
    10-11-10 03:58 PM
    Just two put my 2 cents in. Are these processors actually running the same clock for clock? Or does the BB get a better clock for clock like the older AMDs did against Intel at one point?

Intel was able to market higher clocks to make the regular person go "wow" look at the bigger numbers.

10-11-10 04:09 PM
    As far as all the hype about Android outselling everything, take that into perspective. Android is available on dozens of handsets, and the average person who buys a phone has no idea what he/she is buying. They are not buying into Android the way iPhone buyers buy into iPhone or BB buyers into Blackberry.
    +5 That is a very good point

10-11-10 04:24 PM
    10-11-10 04:26 PM
    Nice picture for a facepalm. Or I guess it's not a facepalm afterall

10-11-10 04:45 PM
    personally i have gone through 5-6 before i got one that close properly, didnt wiggle bad, made funny clacking noises, since i went past the 30days its mine so i have gone through warrenty getting one after another replaced.
    10-11-10 04:48 PM
    That might be true for you in the US, but it is more or less sold out at every store here in Canada on every carrier. It is even on backorder if you order directly from Rogers CS. Sales are just doing fine up here.

See this isn't my experience in Metro Vancouver. Every store I phone has an average of 10 units on hand, and yet none of them will sell it to me at the month to month price; they all want me to sign a 3 year contract which I'm not willing to do right now. I could somewhat understand this if demand really was that high, but I just don't see it.

I've also tried craigslist, but they're all a bunch of d-bags that want to charge full retail for a phone being sold off the back of a truck. Now I have a bid on eBay for an unbranded unit, but I have a feeling I'll be outbid in the next day. Does anyone here have any experience with unbranded Blackberry's? Is there anything to be concerned about if it's from a reputable Canadian seller?
    10-11-10 05:33 PM
    I agree with the posts that say, 1 million sales or 1 sale. Doesn't matter to me because I love the phone. Personal preference. Always been a fan of the BB keyboard. Dont even use the touch screen anymore (and I came from the iphone 3G). Use it for work e-mails, FB, Twitter, and music. That's enough to make me as happy as a pig in S*$#. Easy to please I guess.
    10-11-10 06:18 PM
    RIM is company that pretty much stuck with form factor and ease of use, and is now pretending like they care about things like apps and social networking.
    I wouldn't call implementing a whole new application delivery infrastructure pretending to care about those things (AppWorld). They realized that it's something they had to do to retain any kind of market share, and they did.

And what they're up against is the perception that Apple is "cool" and "innovative" in ways that none of the other companies are. Of course, that's mostly an advertising fiction, but it is rooted in the fact that the Torch is still inferior at a lot of the things iPhone users care about.
    Perception is 99% of reality in this world. And you're right, iPhone - and to a similar degree Android - have that coolness factor that ties back to very slick and targeted marketing strategies, while BlackBerry still has the perception of playing to the business crowd. True or not, even business users like their toys, so RIM is still to be commended for building a little more fun into these things.

And while the Torch may be inferior at some things that iPhone and Android users care about, it also does other things better. Which is why after a lot of very careful evaluation, I went with the Torch and not an iPhone or Android device. If it were inferior in all ways, you'd have a hard time explaining why so many of us love 'em like we do.

Fact is, the phone IS selling well for RIM, those who have one for the most part love them, and the pannings in the press have diminished significantly now that it's out and in the hands of real users.
    10-11-10 07:21 PM
    The phone is selling very well in Canada, most stores can't even keep up with their inventories as far as what the Telus, Rogers and Bell guys are telling me.

Five of my friends who are new to smartphones weren't sure if they should get an iPhone or a Blackberry, ended up getting the Torch with my strong recommendation. They absolutely love the phone and haven't had any complaints about the phone yet. I got them hooked on BBM and now they are telling their friends to hop on the cb bandwagon as well.
    10-11-10 07:49 PM
    Lol well wether I am correct or not I managed to spark up a long conversation! #TeamTorch #T-Mobile #MissionComplete

Last edited by swagg232; 10-11-10 at 08:23 PM.
    10-11-10 08:18 PM
    The Torch on TMO...a snowball would have a better chance...the device was developed in conjunction with AT&T...this may change with the Torch refresh which should be making its way to the rumors mills soon...the 9000 never left AT&T...this iteration of the Torch will most likely stay at AT&T...sorry.
    10-11-10 08:23 PM
    The Torch on TMO...a snowball would have a better chance...the device was developed in conjunction with AT&T...this may change with the Torch refresh which should be making its way to the rumors mills soon...the 9000 never left AT&T...this iteration of the Torch will most likely stay at AT&T...sorry.
    *StiLL have my fingers crossed* lol keep hope alive! Hey off subject but if you have the torch have you tried the droid x theme?

10-11-10 08:25 PM
    T-mobile deserves a good line up of phones. Been with them before we moved to AT&T. I never got any dropped calls with them.

10-11-10 08:44 PM
    T-mobile deserves a good line up of phones. Been with them before we moved to AT&T. I never got any dropped calls with them.

Well so far I've heard people say they love the G2 from tmobile.

10-11-10 08:54 PM
    I could believe that if these were just "dumbphones". I tend to believe that a little more thought goes into buying a smartphone, and it's accompanying data plan.
    LOL, well you haven't spent enough time in the stores then I'm afraid. I dropped by my local ATT store to look at a case for my Torch and saw/overheard the following conversation:

Dad to ATT Rep: My 10 yr old son and 12 yr old daughter need something called a Droid phone. Do you carry anything like that?

It was everything I could do not to bust out laughing and I would have if the son and daughter weren't standing right there next to dad. Out of respect for him, and not wanting to make him look bad in front of the kids, I walked next door and got a cup of coffee and came back 20+ minutes later. The father bought two of the Samsung Captivate phones according to the ATT rep. The rep says this happens a lot where kids get infatuated with a phone and talk there parents into buying it for them.
    10-11-10 09:14 PM
    Yesss!!! If the torch was sent over to T-mobile the sales would rocket!!! I so agree. No1 wants at&t aka the rip-offs however they do have nice phones tho lol

Follow me @Ladii_LiiBra

Well according to reports and blogs I've read despite allLllll this torch hype from RIM and their everlasting commercials! The torch sales are sucking riight now! And doing way worst than expected. With that said AGAIN and eff whoever complains I'm saying it AGAIN, LoL don't you guyS (AT&T) think releasing the 9800 on over to TMOBILE may help out as far as profits go? ***echoes*** send it overRrrrrrrr

10-11-10 09:18 PM
    Lol well wether I am correct or not I managed to spark up a long conversation! #TeamTorch #T-Mobile #MissionComplete

Right, good thinking. I have an unsupported phone on a carrier and by announcing this, because I'm so important, T-Mobile will go out and get this phone. Well let's see, first you posted a lie, then you failed to provide any proof, thereby letting everyone know you were lying. Yeah, you are a model poster boy for T-Mobile. I'm absolutely certain that T-Mobile will be in touch with you in short order, LOL.
    10-11-10 09:28 PM
    This phone by far has the best battery life ever.

I leave WIFI and Bluetooth on all the time and have a 3G connection the majority of the day.

I do not leave apps running at all usually and I also deleted all the garbage apps off the phone the first day I got it.
    10-11-10 09:30 PM
    LOL, well you haven't spent enough time in the stores then I'm afraid. I dropped by my local ATT store to look at a case for my Torch and saw/overheard the following conversation:

Dad to ATT Rep: My 10 yr old son and 12 yr old daughter need something called a Droid phone. Do you carry anything like that?

It was everything I could do not to bust out laughing and I would have if the son and daughter weren't standing right there next to dad. Out of respect for him, and not wanting to make him look bad in front of the kids, I walked next door and got a cup of coffee and came back 20+ minutes later. The father bought two of the Samsung Captivate phones according to the ATT rep. The rep says this happens a lot where kids get infatuated with a phone and talk there parents into buying it for them.
    Since many of you don't hesitate to call Android and iphones
    "toys" then i assume its only normal that kids want them too.
    Some of the stories in here are so freakin ridiculous....amazing!
    I think tomorrow will go buy my 9yr old a Torch so i can make some laugh also.

10-11-10 09:41 PM
124 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD