I say within a year Android won't be selling as well as it is now. Why? Because Windows Phone 7 will be out soon and Nokia will release MeeGo (which I'm excited about) so phone manufacturers will have more options when choosing an OS
    I wouldn't count in WP7 do to much more than decrease Monkyboy Ballmer's bonus again, if not get him canned outright. Even if WP7 turns out to be something half way decent (which I will have to see to believe), Microsoft has an enormous image hurdle to overcome from its horrible performance with earlier versions of WinMo. While everyone is trying to figure out if it's worth the risk, MS will continue to bleed mobile business to iPhone, Android and BlackBerry. That ship has sailed, and Microsoft is still in the closet looking for its Bermuda shorts and loafers.

Android will continue to do well. Why? Mainly because of some very slick marketing and simple saturation. Half of the masses have no idea what Android is other than it's not Apple and it's much cooler than those stodgy made-for-business-types BlackBerry's and they just have to have it. Of course it helps that it's a solid OS that does its job very well, a concept that Microsoft had yet to grasp in the mobile arena. Couple that with the variety of manufacturers and devices running it, it's pretty much a can't-miss from a market share standpoint unless Google blows itself up by doing something inconceivably stupid.
    10-11-10 12:30 AM
    The torch sales are sucking riight now! And doing way worst than expected.
    It's no surprise the Torch is selling terribly.

What evidence do you have that the Torch is "selling terribly"?

Deafening silence.

Typical.
    10-11-10 10:29 AM
    So let me get this straight. You're saying that the people who are buying Android phones actually have no clue as to what Android is, and it's corresponding success is (more or less) coincidence? I guess Google got really lucky on this one!

Yea, that's it.
    Okay I'm sorry but LOL that was funny!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 12:21 PM
    What I'm saying is that the average cell phone owner is not into it, the way you are or I am. They go to a carrier, see a phone they like and they buy it. They do not know what Android is. It's a phone. They are not buying into an OS. I have close friends in the cell phone business and they always point this out. In fact I know many iPhone users who use it as a phone and nothing else. What I do know is that people do not march into a carrier store and say "I want an Android phone". Not the average consumer. People in the know do that, but the vast majority of consumers do not know. Think about parents, uncles, aunts, even friends. Do you see them running around looking for the latest Android device, or is a phone a phone?
    Well GREAT point!! I agree, although the torch specs aren't up to speed with what's out there. The average person does not care about that like we do. Most people want a phone that looks good, prob touch, and is convienent to use. I think torch meets the basic users needs. For me personally the specs could take a huge boost. And some options like cropping pics instead of having to use apps for such simple things.
    wo

10-11-10 12:32 PM
    I wouldn't count in WP7 do to much more than decrease Monkyboy Ballmer's bonus again, if not get him canned outright. Even if WP7 turns out to be something half way decent (which I will have to see to believe), Microsoft has an enormous image hurdle to overcome from its horrible performance with earlier versions of WinMo. While everyone is trying to figure out if it's worth the risk, MS will continue to bleed mobile business to iPhone, Android and BlackBerry. That ship has sailed, and Microsoft is still in the closet looking for its Bermuda shorts and loafers.

Android will continue to do well. Why? Mainly because of some very slick marketing and simple saturation. Half of the masses have no idea what Android is other than it's not Apple and it's much cooler than those stodgy made-for-business-types BlackBerry's and they just have to have it. Of course it helps that it's a solid OS that does its job very well, a concept that Microsoft had yet to grasp in the mobile arena. Couple that with the variety of manufacturers and devices running it, it's pretty much a can't-miss from a market share standpoint unless Google blows itself up by doing something inconceivably stupid.
    I agree that Android will continue to do well, it is a good OS and is getting better by the day. What I mean is right now Android is selling like crazy because they're the only OS companies can really turn to when they make phones, I believe it's going to mellow out. Windows 7 is going to do well Microsoft has learned from their mistakes, they're putting a lot of money into WP7 and they're getting some great phones.

HTC is releasing a bunch of nice WP7 phones and Samsung is even releasing a Windows phone that's equivalent to the Galaxy S series. I think it's going to do great and they're going to sell fast.
    10-11-10 01:12 PM
    Deafening silence.

Typical.
    Firstly, who sits around and makes up statistics about cell phones profits?!!! Furthermore who bookmarks or copy and pastes every article or link read about Rims torch sales?? I sure as H+LL didn't!! I follow Blackberry on twitter, blackberry help and tons of other companies. When they post articles on certain topics I read them! And frankly I have read a few that say the torch is not doing as well as rim thought and sales in us are garbage!!! Since you have NO time onn your hands just google the subject I'm sure what you find are not far from what all of us posters say!! Whether the articles are factual are not my true concern!! If you caught the concept of my post ( which you clearly did NOT) I'm not actually bashing the Torch as a phone in general or its capabilities all I'm sayin is I HAVE the TORCH and I WANT IT ON TMOBILE which Is my service provider!! So STFU with all the punchlines cause if we don't have the proof its doing bad you sure as **** don't have the proof its doing GooD! If RIM keeps all these stats private!

10-11-10 01:22 PM
    The majority of my friends that have iPhones or Android based phones did not purchase them due to knowing anything about the OS or even much about the devices (most are in the 50-60 YO category). In many cases they were their first smart phone device and they just selected a device they had heard a lot about (iPhone) or that looked nice in the store (Droid). Anyway, some people have knowledge of the OS / hardware features, but many in my group do not.
    For me, it all about the features I need and ease of use, hence I like my Torch.
    10-11-10 01:27 PM
    Firstly, who sits around and makes up statistics about cell phones profits?!!! Furthermore who bookmarks or copy and pastes every article or link read about Rims torch sales?? I sure as H+LL didn't!! I follow Blackberry on twitter, blackberry help and tons of other companies. When they post articles on certain topics I read them! And frankly I have read a few that say the torch is not doing as well as rim thought and sales in us are garbage!!! Since you have NO time onn your hands just google the subject I'm sure what you find are not far from what all of us posters say!! Whether the articles are factual are not my true concern!! If you caught the concept of my post ( which you clearly did NOT) I'm not actually bashing the Torch as a phone in general or its capabilities all I'm sayin is I HAVE the TORCH and I WANT IT ON TMOBILE which Is my service provider!! So STFU with all the punchlines cause if we don't have the proof its doing bad you sure as **** don't have the proof its doing GooD! If RIM keeps all these stats private!

If you can't back up your own claims without throwing a hissy fit, don't make such claims at all. By the way, if you read pattste's post, you'll see that the poster actually did post some sources and links...

10-11-10 01:45 PM
    i'm ok with the Torch going to other networks like T-Mo
    but unfortunately, experience showed us the fate of the bold 9000 which stayed with AT&T.
    the bold 9700 is a different story though..
    10-11-10 01:51 PM
    The majority of my friends that have iPhones or Android based phones did not purchase them due to knowing anything about the OS or even much about the devices (most are in the 50-60 YO category). In many cases they were their first smart phone device and they just selected a device they had heard a lot about (iPhone) or that looked nice in the store (Droid). Anyway, some people have knowledge of the OS / hardware features, but many in my group do not.
    For me, it all about the features I need and ease of use, hence I like my Torch.
    You should try asking them what it means when they say "it has a 1gigahertz".

Ironically a lot of them will have no clue what that even means... I've encountered this over and over again with people buying android phones.... And these people are 20-30 years old...
    10-11-10 02:17 PM
    If you can't back up your own claims without throwing a hissy fit, don't make such claims at all. By the way, if you read pattste's post, you'll see that the poster actually did post some sources and links...

What are you his ***** swallower?? If you read my other replys I dint throw just a hissy fit!! I threw a hiSsy fit at him for throwing one at me acting like RIM pays him to get upset at people repeating what's being posted in articles!!! Like I saiD most of you are off subject!! My whole point was saying I love my torch and I want it on TMOBILE!! End of line! So you and him STFU

10-11-10 02:18 PM
    if we don't have the proof its doing bad you sure as **** don't have the proof its doing GooD! If RIM keeps all these stats private!

Ask people who are having trouble finding them how poorly they're selling.
    10-11-10 02:24 PM
    Not going to happen in a time frame soon enough for it to matter.

Other carriers will either get the Torch so late that AT&T will have the next iteration, or they will have to manufacture a brand new device with a similar form factor (which I imagine AT&T has some kind of agreement to delay this from happening as well, make no mistake).

Either way, it's a long wait (9700 vs 9000 is a good example of what to expect).
    10-11-10 02:26 PM
    You should try asking them what it means when they say "it has a 1gigahertz".

Ironically a lot of them will have no clue what that even means... I've encountered this over and over again with people buying android phones.... And these people are 20-30 years old...
    I am in full agreement.
    10-11-10 02:32 PM
    BlackBerry Torch sales not shining | PDA-247

RIM worries mount: Will its quarter get Torched? | ZDNet

RIM slides on sluggish BlackBerry Torch sales

RIM Sells 150,000 BlackBerry Torch Devices in Debut [REPORT]

Like I saiD I don't care if torch sales suck!!! I just want it on tmobile!! Last time I explain that!! Don't hate me for reading from the same internet you do!!

10-11-10 02:42 PM
    What are you his ***** swallower?? If you read my other replys I dint throw just a hissy fit!! I threw a hiSsy fit at him for throwing one at me acting like RIM pays him to get upset at people repeating what's being posted in articles!!! Like I saiD most of you are off subject!! My whole point was saying I love my torch and I want it on TMOBILE!! End of line! So you and him STFU

WeLL!!!!!11!!!! Aren't You just the sPecial sNoWflaKe!

I think you left an exclamation mark unabused. And any argument you may have had is totally ruined by behaving like a hormonal 11 year old girl.
    10-11-10 02:46 PM
    Good point buT, just because you can't find. One doesn't mean the sales are excellent and booming!!! You could go to a grocery store and ask for flamin cheetos and they can say awww were sold out!! But what if that store owner only ordered 10 bags of those cheetos?!!! My point is you don't know the quantity of torches these companies are buying for them to be sold out. Your statement can be argued aswell as mine original one

10-11-10 02:47 PM
    !

!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-11-10 02:48 PM
    WeLL!!!!!11!!!! Aren't You just the sPecial sNoWflaKe!

I think you left an exclamation mark unabused. And any argument you may have had is totally ruined by behaving like a hormonal 11 year old girl.
    ┌∏┐..{-_-}..┌∏┐ Thanks

10-11-10 02:49 PM
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...scene.

In all seriousness, how old ARE you?
    10-11-10 02:52 PM
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...scene.

In all seriousness, how old ARE you?
    Your age. My fellow stalker. Oh wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-11-10 02:54 PM
    Yep, good luck finding one around here...

If your lucky you will find the odd ip4. Most often on kijiji for sale or looking to trade for the torch.
    Last edited by North-Face; 10-11-10 at 03:01 PM.
    10-11-10 02:57 PM
    ┌∏┐..{-_-}..┌∏┐ Thanks

Wow, the n00bs are exceptionally ridiculous this week.
    10-11-10 02:58 PM
    I own a Bold 9700 and have no plans to upgrade to a Torch. Even with OS6 versus OS5, I severely question whether or not the Torch is even a better device right now, all things considered (speed of operating, availability of apps, themes & customization, etc.) But I do like seeing RIM's aggressive advertising campaign on television, and I think if they had just a slightly better device to showcase it, it might have worked. Anybody watching the baseball playoffs on TBS knows what I'm talking about.

The problem is that it's still a Blackberry, and this company has never inspired the type of grassroots consumer enthusiasm that Apple has. RIM is company that pretty much stuck with form factor and ease of use, and is now pretending like they care about things like apps and social networking. And what they're up against is the perception that Apple is "cool" and "innovative" in ways that none of the other companies are. Of course, that's mostly an advertising fiction, but it is rooted in the fact that the Torch is still inferior at a lot of the things iPhone users care about.
    10-11-10 03:04 PM
    It's the best BB device I've had! Yet, I know nobody that has one other than myself.
    10-11-10 03:12 PM
124 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD