LOL at the ST:TNG poster!!!!!
    10-10-10 12:56 PM
    Well according to reports and blogs I've read despite allLllll this torch hype from RIM and their everlasting commercials! The torch sales are sucking riight now! And doing way worst than expected. With that said AGAIN and eff whoever complains I'm saying it AGAIN, LoL don't you guyS (AT&T) think releasing the 9800 on over to TMOBILE may help out as far as profits go? ***echoes*** send it overRrrrrrrr

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wish they would have released the torch with verizon.
    10-10-10 12:58 PM
    the Blackberry Torch is what i Want..
    I know, as you've said that in probably about 938 of your 1300+ posts.
    10-10-10 12:59 PM
    This is a Torch forum. What's your point?

10-10-10 01:05 PM
    and i stand by it.
    i can confidently claim that out of 1,300 posts, most of them are helpful to other members who came to the forum to ask questions.
    bluetooth set up, holster choices, how to update to the next OS, data plan questions etc etc.

how about you tucker? aside from bashing the Torch or speculating about RIMM stocks...what else have you brought to the table?
    10-10-10 01:27 PM
    how about you tucker? aside from bashing the Torch or speculating about RIMM stocks...what else have you brought to the table?
    What else so I need to bring to the table? Forums are about discussion, or so I thought. If everyone just swings on RIM's nuts (as you clearly have no problem admitting ), what is there to discuss?
    10-10-10 01:49 PM
    Oh, it just doesn't matter ... tomorrow MicroShaft is going to officially launch Windows Phone 7, and that's going to blow everything else out of the water.

10-10-10 01:51 PM
    Oh, it just doesn't matter ... tomorrow MicroShaft is going to officially launch Windows Phone 7, and that's going to blow everything else out of the water.

And if it does, it will probably be my next phone.
    10-10-10 02:04 PM
    If everyone just swings on RIM's nuts (as you clearly have no problem admitting ), what is there to discuss?
    Hahaha that is hilarious

10-10-10 02:23 PM
    If you want Windows 7 phone, I would suggest waiting. It will not have tethering, copy and paste, or true multitasking upon initial release. Windows Phone 7 won't support tethering | Beyond Binary - CNET News
    10-10-10 02:25 PM
    If you want Windows 7 phone, I would suggest waiting. It will not have tethering, copy and paste, or true multitasking upon initial release. Windows Phone 7 won't support tethering | Beyond Binary - CNET News
    Thanks for the info. So much for blowing everything out of the water.
    10-10-10 02:30 PM
    Hahaha that is hilarious

He may not be "swinging", but he obviously savors the flavor enough to hang around the biggest Blackberry forum on the web, regardless of how much he tries to deny it ...
    10-10-10 02:37 PM
    He may not be "swinging", but he obviously savors the flavor enough to hang around the biggest Blackberry forum on the web, regardless of how much he tries to deny it ...
    Nice That is a very valid point! Hahaha

10-10-10 02:49 PM
    The biggest blackberry forum on the net also has an Android and apple section.

10-10-10 02:53 PM
    And I carry one for work. So I'm well aware of it's limitations. Thank you.
    10-10-10 03:39 PM
    And I carry one for work. So I'm well aware of it's limitations. Thank you.
    I'm not sure I'd classify Pizza Delivery Boy as "work".

10-10-10 03:48 PM
    ^ that's too funny! =)
    10-10-10 03:59 PM
    I'm not sure I'd classify Pizza Delivery Boy as "work".

Hey ... guy, long time no hear from. While I will admit that pizza delivery isn't as exotic as being Mike Lazaridis..., it pays the bills.
    10-10-10 06:12 PM
    I wish they would have released the torch with verizon.
    The Torch was developed in collaboration with AT&T. In addition, RIM is now able to sell it all over the world. Let's face it, CDMA/EVO phones have a limited market.
    10-10-10 07:30 PM
    It's no surprise the Torch is selling terribly.
    RIM is great at making business type phones, not consumer phones.
    Combining the two, isn't a great business plan, because it doesn't appeal to either group.

Not to mention the specs are very underwhelming.
    10-10-10 07:47 PM
    Combining the two, isn't a great business plan, because it doesn't appeal to either group.

What evidence do you have that the Torch is "selling terribly"?

From the September 16th earnings call:

"Since the Torch launched, sell-through run rates have more than tripled in AT&T retail stores and Torch contributed to the best month ever for BlackBerry Smartphones with Best Buy in August. In fact, based on sell-through in the first three weeks after launching AT&T, Torch is the most successful GSM BlackBerry Smartphone launch in RIM's history."

The Torch was the best selling phone on Amazon for most of August and September. The Canadian launch was delayed for a week to build stock and yet it sold out at many locations within the first hour.

Again, where do you get your information or did you just make that up?
    10-10-10 08:03 PM

And where exactly are these "reports" the OP was talking about? O that's right..nowhere. Considering RIM doesn't release sales data about any particular phone everything is heresay and speculation. And if that's what we're basing sales figures from..then in my area the Torch is a huge seller cuz they're as hard to come by as the iPhone.

10-10-10 08:07 PM
    Yay more poorly constructed flamebait by people with nothing to do...

10-10-10 09:56 PM
    If you feed them, they will come.
    10-10-10 10:08 PM
    Then Google must really be the luckiest company in the world, because according to everyone in here, anyone could have just slapped an OS together and experienced the same success. Lucky them!
    Just because they're selling well doesn't mean people know what they're buying. Right now they're selling because any company can make an Android phone so when people go in to buy a smartphone if they want a good touch screen phone (and don't have AT&T) they're pretty much limited to Android.

I say within a year Android won't be selling as well as it is now. Why? Because Windows Phone 7 will be out soon and Nokia will release MeeGo (which I'm excited about) so phone manufacturers will have more options when choosing an OS
    10-10-10 10:58 PM
124 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD