Hi all,

Thought I'd share a link I found that is actually positive about the torch..

http://www.spetnik.com/a/news-story/id:800267576,story:rim_stock_value_jumps_after_a_s urprising_jump_in_torch_sales

It may not be perfect, but I love my torch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Blacklatino and fass like this.
    12-02-10 05:46 PM
    Hi all,

Thought I'd share a link I found that is actually positive about the torch..

http://www.spetnik.com/a/news-story/id:800267576,story:rim_stock_value_jumps_after_a_s urprising_jump_in_torch_sales

It may not be perfect, but I love my torch!

Got my torch 2 days ago, i put the autolock app on there, and i love it.browser is quick,phone feels firm. Coming from a 9000 it is the best. Bb 4 llife !!! Amsterdam representing !!

12-02-10 05:58 PM
    The Torch, which featured both touchscreen capabilities and the slide-out QWERTY keyboard the BlackBerry is famous for, was so disappointing upon initial release that AT&T reduced the phone's price from $199 to $99 early last month.

This price drop, according to multiple sources, may have helped save Research In Motion. The BlackBerry Torch 9800 has been AT&T's second best-selling smartphone - trailing only Apple's iPhone - since the price adjustment, according to Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets.
    Bring on the haters who still insist the 9800 is a flop. Amazing what the correct
    price point can do.
    12-02-10 07:31 PM
    Bring on the haters who still insist the 9800 is a flop. Amazing what the correct
    price point can do.
    Despite the constant bashing by non- blackberry owners(on a Blackberry site) and non-Torch(other blackberry) owners, I'm enjoying the **** out of mine.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-02-10 at 07:46 PM.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    12-02-10 07:41 PM
    Much as I loved the 9000 and still miss the form factor of a larger drvice the 9800 functionality won me over in a hurry. I love my new phone and have not a single regret about the transition.

12-02-10 07:44 PM
    Loving mine as well. Once you actually use it (which I doubt the majority of Torch bashers have), it's an awesome phone.

12-02-10 07:45 PM
    Despite the the constant bashing by non- blackberry owners(on a Blackberry site) and non-Torch owners, I'm enjoying the **** out of mine.
    So am I. Except for the 8700 you and I have the exact same device history
    and have certainly been there when things were good and, well, not so much.

I like you find the device one of the best BBs ever created and honestly find
    it laughable the amount of garbage that comes it's way. But, whatever
    12-02-10 07:48 PM
    I like mine enough I just bought a red one for my wife.

12-02-10 07:49 PM
    I like mine enough I just bought a red one for my wife.

My wife enjoys her Red Torch as well.
    12-02-10 07:50 PM
    Yep, regardless of all the blogs and other users bashing the phone, a BB slider at $0-99 price point in 3 different colors is going to sell a lot...
    12-02-10 07:54 PM
    So am I. Except for the 8700 you and I have the exact same device history
    and have certainly been there when things were good and, well, not so much.

I like you find the device one of the best BBs ever created and honestly find
    it laughable the amount of garbage that comes it's way. But, whatever
    I think it's really takes someone "special" to spend so much time trying to **** off members (true crackberry-a-holics) that are enjoying their specific device(s). It's like certain members on here are always reminding us of greener pastures as far as comparing a Blackberry to "other" smartphones on the market. But, I agree. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side......especially over the damn septic tank and the connecting drainfield lines.
    12-02-10 08:02 PM
    I think it's really takes someone "special" to spend so much time trying to **** off members (true crackberry-a-holics) that are enjoying their specific device(s). It's like certain members on here are always reminding us of greener pastures as far as comparing a Blackberry to "other" smartphones on the market. But, I agree. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side......especially over the damn septic tank and the connecting drainfield lines.
    Not to mention the cesspools, where single cell organisms practice Stimulus~Response, and reproduce without sex.

12-02-10 08:38 PM
    Not to mention the cesspools, where single cell organisms practice Stimulus~Response, and reproduce without sex.

Lol. We can start with the anaerobic and come back to the aerobic organisms.
    12-02-10 09:04 PM
    If it had the 9000 keyboard and a better speaker it would dang near b puuuurrfect....lol.... I got the red one and use the blue AGF top cover and the speaker phone function is my only weak complaint but I accept it as part of the deal and am very happy with it......like my F-250 not perfect but appreciate its short comings as part of the deal....and still love it.....great news for the Torch glad to hear its a business winner for the company and the users...... :-)
    12-02-10 09:47 PM
    price point can do.
    Translation: That P.O.S. was overpriced from the beginning. Give it away and the masses will flock!
    12-02-10 09:51 PM
    I didn't like the Torch when I first got mine but it was a learning curve and I was frustrated that many of the apps I used were not compatible at that time. I'm very happy with the Torch now.
    12-02-10 09:55 PM
    I didn't like the Torch when I first got mine but it was a learning curve and I was frustrated that many of the apps I used were not compatible at that time. I'm very happy with the Torch now.
    That was the issue with all of us at one time or another. Most of us had to adjust from using other Blackberries as well. Still waiting for a Blackberry that has the original BOLD form factor. But, the Torch and a good OS update will work for me until that happens. Also, please overlook the negativity and enjoy.
    12-02-10 10:00 PM
    That was the issue with all of us at one time or another. Most of us had to adjust from using other Blackberries as well. Still waiting for a Blackberry that has the original BOLD form factor. But, the Torch and a good OS update will work for me until that happens. Also, please overlook the negativity and enjoy.
    "If it weren't for the negative we wouldn't appreciate the positive." I would say this was a quote from a very famous person but I'm only slightly famous.
    12-02-10 10:08 PM
    If you want to see a cesspool of negativity, go check out the News and Rumours forums. It's full of pissed off monkeys throwing cr@p at eachother.

12-02-10 10:12 PM
    "If it weren't for the negative we wouldn't appreciate the positive." I would say this was a quote from a very famous person but I'm only slightly famous.
    Very true.
    12-02-10 10:30 PM
    If you want to see a cesspool of negativity, go check out the News and Rumours forums. It's full of pissed off monkeys throwing cr@p at eachother.

Never fails. One person is about to lose control while the other is drinking another cold beverage.
    12-02-10 10:34 PM
    The torch is awesome. Period.

12-02-10 10:38 PM
    I still Love the ohhh and awwws I get when I whip the Torch out!

as for people saying the sales have flopped I know it is extremely popular here in Canada
    12-02-10 11:55 PM
    Lol Steve Jobs is such an arrogant ***** at times. He thinks tablets must be 10" while ALOT of people such as myself strongly disagree. 10" is like carrying a big club around with you vs a 7" tab from BB. He just made it huge mainly from 1 product and now he thinks hes god walking this earth. More money than brains is how they say it these days, but to each his own. Really excited about RIM picking up TAT and im excited to see the changes we get to our torches.
    12-03-10 12:37 AM
    Love my Torch and so does my daughter (she wants one for Christmas). RIMM's future is bright, in my opinion. The Torch just keeps picking up steam as people become eligible for upgrade. What is coming in the future just makes me sing the chorus of that old rock standard, "We ain't seen nothin' yet!"
    12-03-10 08:07 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD