Hello,

As you may all know the Blackberry Torch has poor battery life! I recently read on one of the forums placing your device on the 2G network will help to increase battery life.

This notions holds as true as I am getting better battery life, however, one of the most obvious downfalls is browser speeds. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with more downfalls of running on the 2G?

Thanks,

Jay

P.s by updating to 6.0.0.337
    And changing my settings back to the 3G network, will this help to increase battery life, I was previously told that the older platform kills battery life.........
    12-01-10 03:20 PM
    any data transfer will be slower. Youtube streaming, internet radio streaming... anything that uses high data throughput will go slower.
    I didn't notice a TON of battery savings when I upgraded to .337 - but it won't hurt anything. I've not heard anyone say it's worse, and several folks did say it improved. .337 and 3g still won't be as much savings as whatever version you're on now and 2g. But hey, it depends on what you want more.

If you have multiple chargers at work/car/home/etc, may not be a big deal to run 3g. For those of us not at a computer all day, I don't spend time streaming stuff on my torch, and I prefer to save the battery.
    j.bucknor87 likes this.
    12-01-10 03:37 PM
    any data transfer will be slower. Youtube streaming, internet radio streaming... anything that uses high data throughput will go slower.
    I didn't notice a TON of battery savings when I upgraded to .337 - but it won't hurt anything. I've not heard anyone say it's worse, and several folks did say it improved. .337 and 3g still won't be as much savings as whatever version you're on now and 2g. But hey, it depends on what you want more.

If you have multiple chargers at work/car/home/etc, may not be a big deal to run 3g. For those of us not at a computer all day, I don't spend time streaming stuff on my torch, and I prefer to save the battery.
    Much appreciated cheers
    12-01-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD