Anybody have trouble with the right convenience key on the 9800? I set mine to calculator because i am a nerd but it did nothing. Rogers BB support told me my device was defective and swapped it but the replacement has the same problem. Quite inconvenient... solutions anyone? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by burieddeep; 11-11-10 at 10:57 PM. Reason: The last one looked like a child chimp wrote it
    11-11-10 10:48 PM
    Options>Device>Convenience Key
    You can set it up as you like. Mine is set to Virtual Keyboard and does nothing when pressed on the home screen. You have to be where Virtual Keyboard can be launched (eg in Memo).
    11-11-10 10:56 PM
    The key has a double press... Half way and full.. So press hard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 10:58 PM

Exactly. I thought mine didn't work either but I wasn't worried about it at the time. Then for some reason I used my thumbnail and just pressed harder and it worked fine. Tested it by assigning it different functions. It's actually a great design because you don't accidentally press it and take apicture of your cheek.
    11-11-10 11:04 PM
    Options>Device>Convenience Key
    You can set it up as you like. Mine is set to Virtual Keyboard and does nothing when pressed on the home screen. You have to be where Virtual Keyboard can be launched (eg in Memo).
    Thanks but still not working. I just set it to Virtual Keyboard, went to Memo and it did nothing. Weird...?
    11-11-10 11:14 PM
    its supposed to be focus for the camera..
    11-11-10 11:19 PM

Wow thats it eh, i feel like a true jackass! Thanks for letting me know.

Whats worst is that my first device was probably just fine.... rogers bb support knew nothing about any double press, dude was like "Oh buddy, we'll send ya a new one". Lol

Thanks again!
    11-11-10 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD