Just updated my phone via desktop manager (I like to check for app updates etc.) however for some reason it reverted back to the previous OS. I was running .246 and now it is back to .141

I downloaded the official .246 from the blackberry site but I have no idea how to load it. And when I check for updates on desktop manager it doesn't find the more recent os. Any help??

ps - I'm on a mac if that makes any difference
    10-28-10 04:40 PM
    On a PC, you would install it to your PC by double-clicking the download file and once that is done, select the loader.exe file and let it finish. Didn't the Rogers Torch come preloaded with OS .246? In the US, it came with OS .141 pre-loaded. How do you know that it is now OS .141? Try Options/Device/About Device Versions.
    10-28-10 04:53 PM
    This is an AT&T unlocked running on Rogers, and yes it is definitely .141 now I checked in options. And I am on a MAC...
    10-28-10 04:55 PM
    I had the same problem with the Mac desktop software. I had to hook the Torch up to an old laptop running XP, install the latest desktop software, and then upgrade the torch to .284. Its so much faster than 141, totally worth the trouble.
    10-28-10 05:58 PM
    I had previously updated via desktop manager but for some reason now it cannot find the .246 update...:S. .141 feels so gross compared to .246 haha
    10-28-10 05:59 PM
    I had the same problem with the Mac desktop software. I had to hook the Torch up to an old laptop running XP, install the latest desktop software, and then upgrade the torch to .284. Its so much faster than 141, totally worth the trouble.
    I actually have a partition on my macbook which is running windows 7...I GUESS the update could be done there. I would really like to fix it on my Mac however, so I can figure out how to do updates in the future.
    10-28-10 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD