I am on the 2nd torch in less than a month and it looks like i'm headed to a new phone again. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but on the 1st phone & on this one, the bluetooth will randomly disconnect from my car's system. I've had this happen to me in 2 cars. I took back the first phone for this problem and now it's been happening again with the second phone. I used the phone this morning and all was well. I came to work and just now realized that it has not rung all day. i looked at my phone and it will not power up at all. I took out the battery 2x & it's not helped.

I have it connected to my computer and it's still doing nothing. I get a message on the BB desktop that the device isn't connecting either due to dead battery, etc... Right now it's totaly unresponsive even while i've got it plugged in.

Has any of this happening to anyone? I want to throw out this stupid phone and go back to the bold or just go away from blackberry all together.
    09-27-10 04:16 PM
    Go get another phone then.
    09-27-10 04:21 PM
    in before 10 people swear you are dumb and its the greatest phone ever.

Sorry for the issues, i havent had any bluetooth problems like that with my storm. You cant get it to connect to your PC either is that correct?
    09-27-10 04:21 PM
    Try plugging it into your wall charger, not your pc to charge.
    09-27-10 04:22 PM
    I had a bb9000 that had a connection issue when hooking it up to a desktop. Turned out to be the cable itself. Replaced the cable and all was well.
    09-27-10 04:23 PM
    I plugged it into the wall & got it to reboot. it was fully charged this morning and I was not running any applications so I'm not sure how the battery discharged. yesterday the little circular icon kept coming up while i was typing or going through the menu adn it kept giving me a bit of a delay.

My biggest problem is the bluetooth disconnecting randomly. I have 2 cars that I have the torch synced to and it's hapened in both cars. Sometimes it will come back after a few minutes and reconnect itslef but other times it stays off and I have to manually try to commect to bluetooth.

Thoughts? Can all of this be related to a software issue?
    09-27-10 04:31 PM
    What OS are you currently running? If its the stock .141 I would highly recommend upgrading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 04:36 PM
    i'm on the 6.0. I'm not sure what .141 refers to.
    09-27-10 04:37 PM
    i along with hundreds never had any problems with the bluetooth syncing between the car and the Torch.
    if you use the SEARCH function you'll find some of the possible explanation in addition to what i will give you.
    How's your encryption?
    try to turn Wi-Fi off with the Bluetooth on.. and check if it will still drop..
    try to upgrade the software/firmware of your head receiver in the car..

Rather than the Torch really stinks part...
    which doesn't really help anyone including you.. can you post your running OS instead? are you still with 6.0.0.141?
    09-27-10 04:40 PM
    i'm on the 6.0. I'm not sure what .141 refers to.
    gotcha! update to a higher OS.
    you can find the attachment and the instructions on how to in this forum.
    goodluck!
    if you're not happy, you have 30 days to get another phone aside from the Torch? may i recommend iphone 4? or an android phone instead?
    09-27-10 04:41 PM
    Go to Options>About and you will see something like 6.0.0.141 or something like that. This is the current OS (operating system). I don't know if Bluetooth glitches have been resolved with the latest updates..but I haven't heard many complaints about it lately..so I'll assume it fixes it.

You'll want to look for the latest version which is .246 I believe. There are many links to be found on both downloading and installing these upgrades

09-27-10 04:43 PM
    When I leave work I will turn off wifi and see if that works with the bluetooth.

Since I thought that the problem might have been with my car, when i took it in for service they actually replaced & upgraded some of the MMI components. My husband's BB does not have the same connecticuty issues on the bluetooth that i've had. Also, i never had these issues on my bold.

I am still on .141. on my desktop.
    09-27-10 04:48 PM
    I will update now & see what happens. Thanks for the info!!
    09-27-10 04:49 PM
    if you're not happy, you have 30 days to get another phone aside from the Torch? may i recommend iphone 4? or an android phone instead?
    What..no WinMo?

09-27-10 04:51 PM
    I will update now & see what happens. Thanks for the info!!
    Glad to help. Don't be scared to post issues/questions. This forum is LOADED with some very knowledgeable peeps

09-27-10 04:53 PM
    What..no WinMo?

I've got the ipod touch at home and i'm not a fan of the keyboard. my husband has the android and loves it. I prefer the BB keyboard since I type alot.
    09-27-10 04:58 PM
    Update to a higher OS because THE ONE THAT THE PHONE WAS RELEASED WITH apparently sucks? Unbelievable!
    09-27-10 05:13 PM
    Update to a higher OS because THE ONE THAT THE PHONE WAS RELEASED WITH apparently sucks? Unbelievable!
    Ahh..there you are Tucker. Hadn't seen you in a few days..I guess your mom took away your Internet privelages for a few days hey?

09-27-10 05:20 PM
    I want to come back to blackberry torch. I have to come back to thetorch. I've been with the iPhone 4 for two weeks, I can't stand it anymore. Blackberry torch is a great tool, I need it. So, no. The torch does not suck!

09-27-10 09:22 PM
    I'm in love with my Torch so idk. To each their own I guess.
    09-27-10 09:48 PM
    Ahh..there you are Tucker. Hadn't seen you in a few days..I guess your mom took away your Internet privelages for a few days hey?

^^ This made me laugh!

09-27-10 10:10 PM

Summer is over.. and it's back to middle school.
    09-27-10 11:47 PM
    Now the trolls can move over to the Playbook forum.

09-28-10 07:19 AM
    Sorry to go back on topic here, but I've had the same problem with the bluetooth as the original poster. It randomly disconnects from my headset. mainly seems to do it during a phone call. I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro for my phone calls and a Satechi B4 FM transmitter for media. It will randomly drop one or the other or both........

im sure this is software.....hopefully there's a fix soon..........
    10-21-10 03:23 PM
    rickroller is right usually the os updates help but make sure to post and let us know if it worked or not maybe someone will have other suggestions for u...its odd that the exact same thing is happening with 2 phones, i've had mine since launch and no bt issues yet (knock on wood)...could be an incompatibility with the cars bt i also know a lot of cars have a hidden bluetooth configuration menu..the dealer can usually access it or if u search for it on the web u can find it as well (porsche, lexus, toyota, mercedes do for sure).
    10-21-10 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD