Question - what does the 'platform' signify? Mine says v6.0.0.246 (Bundle 695 Platform 6.4.0.105). I remember reading that the platform was 278, so how come mine is 105 and is there any significance to this?

Question - if I take a photo with the BB camera, or transfer some photos from my PC to the BB, and then choose a photo to be my new wallpaper, how come I end up seeing only a small portion of the original picture? Is it a size thing? How can I resolve this such that my wallpaper reflects the full picture chosen.

TIA.
    10-26-10 02:30 AM
    1) Platform, for your purposes, does not matter. I don't remember any platform 278 and rest assured 6.4.0.105 is the proper platform for .246. The latest OS release, .284, has a platform of 6.4.0.120...so you can see that increasing along with the app version (.246, .284). The difference is that while every new and different build has a different app version, sometimes very similar builds have the same platform.

2) When you choose a photo to be your wallpaper, do it like this: go to the homescreen, hit the BB button, select options, change wallpaper. From here, select the picture you want. Once that picture is open, you have the ability to rotate and/or zoom in/out before setting as your wallpaper. Depending on this, your picture will look differently on the homescreen - you can play around with it.

For example, if you take a portrait picture with your camera and set it as your wallpaper while in portrait mode, no zoom...the result will be that it fits perfectly in portrait but when you switch to landscape homescreen it will zoom IN on that picture to make sure it fits the entire screen.

If you instead switch to landscape mode before setting it as your homescreen wallpaper, causing it to fit the screen properly but with black bars on the left and right sides, you'll find that it looks like that in landscape mode and then fills the screen exactly the same as above (full portrait) in portrait homescreen.

I know this is confusing but play around with it a little bit. The reason it zooms in on a picture is because it's just forcing it to fill the whole screen and not leave black bars...which you can decide for yourself if you know what you're doing.
    10-26-10 06:39 AM
    for your second question, i was having the same issue.

go to media > pictures and create a new folder (name it anything you want)

move the picture you want to use as your background into the folder you just created. select the picture, press menu > set as wallpaper and voila, picture sized to fit the screen.

for some reason, if the picture is in your "camera pictures" folder, it will not size the picture to fit your screen, therefore you only see a small corner of the picture.

hope this helps
    10-26-10 01:14 PM
    It works fine if you use the homescreen/options/change wallpaper - without having to create a new folder.
    10-26-10 01:43 PM
    Arigato gozaimas
    10-27-10 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD