So left my 9700 for the white Torch and I have to say I am very, very, happy with it. I do have one complaint that I am sure can be fixed or changed with a theme so I am asking for your advice.

My only complaint is that when I pick up the phone sometimes or even have it it in my pocket, it may unlock or when I grab it if I accidentally touch the screen, the menu pops open which enables or turns off wireless and wi fi so sometimes it accidentally gets turned off.

I turned my screen sensitivity down all the way and it is a lot better, however I was wondering if there was a fix for this OR could you recommend something that you do if you have the same problem OR is there a great theme out there that you would recommend which stops this issue if you have had this issue.

Other then that I really like my Torch. I tried a few different cases and ended up getting the Seidio one and it is pretty good and never has popped off or had any issues. So if you could give me any feedback I would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you for reading this and I look forward to hearing your ideas!
    11-23-10 02:13 PM
    Your best bet is to download an app like Pattern Lock which can work with the native lock button..yet will require u to input a "pattern" on the screen to unlock. Ive heard it takes alot of settings to get thru..but the consensus is its one of the best right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 02:21 PM
    I saw Papped mention patternlock in a thread here on CB. It is an application that would allow you to lock the screen etc with the convenience key etc. May want to look into it or do some searching on it as I have not tried it. Glad to hear you like the Seidio case. I use mine all the time!

BlackBerry App World - PatternLock
    11-23-10 02:22 PM
    Pattern lock or berry slider would do the trick I use berry slider because i wanted something simple and did not want to have to remember a stupid pattern
    11-23-10 03:25 PM
    I've used berry slider, good app to avoid unintentional unlocking.
    11-23-10 03:39 PM
    +1 for Patternlock. I am using the free version (Lite) and love it!
    11-23-10 07:01 PM
    So left my 9700 for the white Torch and I have to say I am very, very, happy with it. I do have one complaint that I am sure can be fixed or changed with a theme so I am asking for your advice.

My only complaint is that when I pick up the phone sometimes or even have it it in my pocket, it may unlock or when I grab it if I accidentally touch the screen, the menu pops open which enables or turns off wireless and wi fi so sometimes it accidentally gets turned off.

I turned my screen sensitivity down all the way and it is a lot better, however I was wondering if there was a fix for this OR could you recommend something that you do if you have the same problem OR is there a great theme out there that you would recommend which stops this issue if you have had this issue.

Other then that I really like my Torch. I tried a few different cases and ended up getting the Seidio one and it is pretty good and never has popped off or had any issues. So if you could give me any feedback I would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you for reading this and I look forward to hearing your ideas!
    I bought a plastic casing for my Torch, and due to having the edges protruding farther out, the buttons don't get pushed while in my pocket.
    I did try patternlock and stormslide, but after a while I got tired of them, so I got the case and it works just fine with it.

New AGF GRT Hard Case Blackberry Torch 9800 Blue+Chrome - eBay (item 150506038272 end time Dec-11-10 13:11:45 PST)
    11-23-10 07:34 PM
    I saw Papped mention patternlock in a thread here on CB. It is an application that would allow you to lock the screen etc with the convenience key etc. May want to look into it or do some searching on it as I have not tried it. Glad to hear you like the Seidio case. I use mine all the time!

BlackBerry App World - PatternLock
    Yep. Patternlock works great because I think this is the only app which allow you to map the original keylock (left top) to really lock the phone.
    I tried several but this is the best IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 12:40 AM
    What i use is
    Storm Slider
    and
    Six Tools <---with this app i can put my mute key to use Storm slider and then i enable password for 1hour and with the Storm slider and Six Tools i have the right lock in my phone and not to mention after i pres MUTE key i press Screen lock and it a perfect combination because bout buttons are on top

So StormSlider+SixTools+passlok set to 1H = perfect LOCK
    11-24-10 01:05 AM
    Thank you very much for all your suggestions, I am going to have to check them out and see which one works best. I appreciate your help! If you have any other good secrets or tips for the Torch, please let me know. I love learning new stuff and things to do with it!
    11-25-10 06:17 AM
    I have set up a password and re-assigned my side convenience key to be "password lock". Works ok for me.
    11-25-10 08:06 AM
    Patternlock, is the best $3 app out there. Its works perfect!!
    11-26-10 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD