I'm a long time sprint customer, and have a bold 9650...great phone, no complaints...even running os6...but I've been eyeballing the torch for a while now...then when amazon had it for .01 I couldn't resist. I ordered it and got it Friday. Its a great device however I'm having a lil buyers remorse and miss my sprint unlimited data (never been good about being limited)...need some advice...what should I do? I have 30 days to cancel without having to pay the ETF. Both carriers have their own issues...I hear negative things about both...I'm torn lol. I was happy w sprint...I just had to have the latest and greatest blackberry...but...is it necessary? Give me some advice...please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 12:50 AM
    I have no issues with the 2gb blackberry plan due to the data compression. My usage on Sprint was always below 2gb anyways

11-15-10 12:58 AM
    I had the Torch for a week then returned it and bought a 9700 + OS 6 simply coz I hated the virtual keyboard and the physical keyboard was too flat for my likings.....if you're a heavy typer like me.....you will soon notice this....

Plus, I weighed out the benefits, like the 5 MP camera, and more memory, I rarely take pics and the 3.2 mp camera of the 9700 is just fine, and as for the 512 MB memory difference, I am not experiencing any slowdown with my 9700 so at the end of the day it didn't really matter.

After using the Torch for a while then grab a 9700 or any of the small form factor phones, you will miss them and when you try the keyboard....you will hate your Torch like I did....

IMO, return the torch and stick to the unlimited plan.
    11-15-10 01:01 AM
    the previous post is suspect at best.

==========================================

you are not limited. you start with a base limit of x. if you need more, another x gets added for ~10usd...

x=2G or 200MB
    11-15-10 02:30 AM
    I had the Torch for a week then returned it and bought a 9700 + OS 6 simply coz I hated the virtual keyboard and the physical keyboard was too flat for my likings.....if you're a heavy typer like me.....you will soon notice this....

Plus, I weighed out the benefits, like the 5 MP camera, and more memory, I rarely take pics and the 3.2 mp camera of the 9700 is just fine, and as for the 512 MB memory difference, I am not experiencing any slowdown with my 9700 so at the end of the day it didn't really matter.

After using the Torch for a while then grab a 9700 or any of the small form factor phones, you will miss them and when you try the keyboard....you will hate your Torch like I did....

IMO, return the torch and stick to the unlimited plan.
    I totally agree with the keyboard being too thin. I am using the Torch now but I can see that the 9700 is a very very good device to use.

one of the good thing I like Torch is the big screen when browsing. Thats pretty much it.

- Charles
    11-15-10 02:55 AM
    I totally agree with the keyboard being too thin. I am using the Torch now but I can see that the 9700 is a very very good device to use.

one of the good thing I like Torch is the big screen when browsing. Thats pretty much it.

- Charles
    You are right. The Torch has the best screen hands down. Huge, crisp....

If only they had made the keyboard a bit raised like the 9700 it would have been a hit!
    11-15-10 03:38 AM
    You are right. The Torch has the best screen hands down. Huge, crisp....

If only they had made the keyboard a bit raised like the 9700 it would have been a hit!
    I totally agree with the keyboard function, but hey I still think the torch is the best phone going.

11-15-10 03:52 AM
    My suggestion is stick with the Torch. You still have the real keyboard. It does feel different from a candybar phone, but it doesn't take long to get used to it. The OS6.0.0.337 is really nice. But the real issue is what do you like and what do you want your phone to do. For me, the Torch does it all. I don't need to carry around my laptop as much since my phone will do it. I have been with ATT and in our area of the US the coverage is great. No real problems and they have been easy to deal with.
    11-15-10 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD