Weird thing here.

My torch (which doesn't have the best battery life), dies quickly during the evening from an all day use. Anyways, I go to plug in my torch using the blackberry wall charger + usb, and Bedside mode DOES appear, but the battery icon does not say charging. I downloaded battery watch and notice that it says 2% (which it went from 1% to 2% in about 15 min) (same with the BB options). Another note, when I unplug it, batterywatch app says 'battery status: low' then when I plug it in, it says '1000000000000100'. Random numbers.

I'm going to leave it to charge overnight and see what happens. But for now, any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 06:01 PM
    Sounds similar to what I have happen to me when I try to charge my Torch in my truck or thru a USB port. It doesn't even show a charging icon but it will appear and disappear and my BatteryEx shows it taking no charge. Not sure whatsup with it, but I agree that my battery absolutly SUCKS too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 07:26 PM
    How much are you using the Torch? I can get almost 48 hours with lots of texts, emails, apps, and browsing between 2-3 total hours. I had an Android before this and that thing barely lasted 9 hours no matter what I did. I've found my Torch lasts almost just as long as my Pearl did.
    10-04-10 09:09 PM
    I had this very same thing happen to me yesterday. I only had my phone for 4 days and I started to notice that when I plugged my charger in (I tried my old charger from my 9700, car charger, and the usb charger that came with the phone) you had to hold the charger just at the right angle with the right amount of pressure to get the icon to say that the batter was charging. I took my phone back to the Bell store and sure enough when they plugged it in using one of their chargers it started to charge. The nice thing about it all is the staff at the Bell store replaced my device with a brand new one even though they couldn't get the phone to do what I said it was doing. The phone does come with a 15 day DOA (Dead on Arrival) warrenty, which is why I think they didn't hesitate to replace the phone. My new one seems to be much better. I can use any one of my chargers now and the battery shows as it is receiving a charge. The new device also seems like the charger is more snugg when plugged into the usb port on the phone.
    10-05-10 06:40 AM
    How much are you using the Torch? I can get almost 48 hours with lots of texts, emails, apps, and browsing between 2-3 total hours. I had an Android before this and that thing barely lasted 9 hours no matter what I did. I've found my Torch lasts almost just as long as my Pearl did.
    From the moment I wake up, 8am, to the moment I sleep, 11pm. But I find myself charging it at 5-6pm because it is dying.

I have msn messenger running, social feeds/RSS feeds, BBM, browsers, emails, apps (these are all frequent use) throughout the whole day. It basically replaces my laptop, but I do close the things that I do not need at the moment.

UPDATE - So it did charge, even though it didn't show the 'lightning bolt', it was charging, and after the battery went from RED to white, it ended up showing the lightning bolt. Seems to be an OS bug, because it DOES charge.
    10-05-10 07:17 AM
    Do any of you know if we can safely use a wall charger from a previous BB with a micro usb end? (like the 9700 or the Storm) I find the usb cable so bulky and unflexible.
    10-05-10 07:27 AM
    Do any of you know if we can safely use a wall charger from a previous BB with a micro usb end? (like the 9700 or the Storm) I find the usb cable so bulky and unflexible.
    I'm assuming so. The voltages should not have changed. The charger on the USB cable or wall charger should tell you the voltages and amps, then see if it matches up with the 9700 or storm and you should be golden.

(I ordered a 9800 car charger, and it said it was also compatible with the Tour)
    10-05-10 07:38 AM
    I had the same problem you had, so I bought a battery charger (Universal LCD Li-Ion charger). That solved the charging problem. It cost me 26 dollars.
    11-11-13 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD