When I use the touch screen it works OK for a while but then it freezes up or if I touch something on the right side of the screen it will cause something on the left side of the screen to activate. A battery pull will solve it for a while 30min-1 hr. but then it acts up again. Should I reinstall .246 or should I take it back. Track pad and everything else works fine.
    10-12-10 04:25 PM
    To me this sounds like a hardware problem... I've been reading up a lot about the phone over the weeks and first time I've read of such a problem.. I would personally take it back and get it replaced.
    10-12-10 04:34 PM
    Yeah. Sounds like a wonky digitizer, except it's odd that a battery pull "fixes" it temporarily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 06:06 PM
    MY theory is if I am still under my 30 day return with my provider I absolutely bring it back. Dont try to re-install stuff or mod it and risk bricking it when you can simply return it and get a new one. I am on my 3rd Torch and this works great, I am very pleased. But, thats me. Good luck.
    10-12-10 07:05 PM
    Had to take the the unit back. Got a new one. So far no issues.
    10-17-10 09:32 AM
    Make sure to update to OS .246
    10-17-10 10:41 AM
    Exchange the device. I had one doing this as well. I will save you the time of reloading the OS and wiping the device.

10-17-10 10:45 AM
    Exchange the device. I had one doing this as well. I will save you the time of reloading the OS and wiping the device.

He did ;-)

10-17-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD