My cell phone sales person at AT&T has suggested that I hold off a few weeks on getting the new Torch, due to possible problems with the device. Does anyone know if itís true that future shipments from RIM will already have fixes on the upcoming phones being shipped?
    09-27-10 06:38 PM
    Did you by chance ask this salesperson what problems, what fixes are being slated
    or, and most importantly, where he got this information from?

Seems to me if a salesperson throws that out they should e able to back it up with
    some sort of detail.
    09-27-10 07:14 PM
    i had 4 torchs brought em all back not working at all . bought the bold9700 works awsome
    09-27-10 07:21 PM
    I would think that it will coincide with the Canadian release. Word is CDN release was due to OS upgrades so probably ATT will be getting an OS as well?
    09-27-10 07:25 PM
    Did you by chance ask this salesperson what problems, what fixes are being slated
    or, and most importantly, where he got this information from?

Seems to me if a salesperson throws that out they should e able to back it up with
    some sort of detail.
    I completely agree with this. It's my opinion (and experience) that most informed consumers know far more about a product, they are interested in, than the people selling said products. e.g. electronics to car sales.
    It's not necessarily their fault. They have many brands/models to know about whereas we are only really interested in one or two at a time.
    The sad thing is, as indicated above, people in sales will continue to talk out of their a$$es when unsure. When was the last last time you heard one say " I don't know"?
    I don't get enjoyment out of correcting them but when I start hearing a load of B.S. I will either ask for proof, correct them and/or walk away, depending on my mood at the time.
    09-27-10 07:30 PM
    i had 4 torchs brought em all back not working at all . bought the bold9700 works awsome
    Sux to be you! So far I have bought 372 Torches and all of them have been flawless to date. You must have horrible luck.
    09-27-10 07:33 PM
    Sux to be you! So far I have bought 372 Torches and all of them have been flawless to date. You must have horrible luck.
    lol.. care to donate one?
    09-27-10 07:41 PM
    Its luck of the draw with manufacturing defects.

I got a 9700 flawless on day one and others have had many issues.

But go to another ATT shop and see if a different salesperson has the same info or ask questions about the info provided by sales person A.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 10:28 PM
    Well. That is everything except for the spell checker, right?
    09-28-10 05:40 AM
    Hahahahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 06:35 AM
    Laugh for the day!
    09-28-10 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD