I've been using this phone for about a week now and still haven't figured this stupid thing out. On my curve when you would click the lock key it would actually lock, and to unlock you would have to either click the *+answer key or type in your password to unlock.

On the Torch it just makes you push the unlock key to unlock. Even with a password which I dislike a lot because in my pocket it gets pushed easily. To get the password to come up you would have to click the lock key on the screen which takes a whole lot of time when you don't want to be scrolling to it all the time.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there an app that could fix my problem?

Thanks,

Chris.

EDIT : Never mind I decided to buy PatternLock which is great. the free one just didn't have all the options the paid one has!
    Last edited by Chrisd534; 10-01-10 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Found a fix.
    10-01-10 06:28 AM
    yeah i did the same thing, once you hit lock all it does it'll put the phone in like stand by mode and then you have to wait one minute for the phone to lock for a password.
    I wonder if theres a way to fix it, as in once you hit lock it actually locks and asks for a password
    10-01-10 11:47 AM
    It seems Blackberry isn't listening to anyone's complaints about the lock functionality since OS 5.0. Why they changed the good old fashioned *+Talk unlock feature, or the need to click "Unlock" on the screen to unlock, is beyond me. Did anyone even try using the phone on a daily basis while locking/unlocking? I pulled it out of my pocket many times to find an application launched or that I've started typing an email. Not cool.

Try PatternLock, it's awesome (and there's a free version).
    10-01-10 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD