Just bought the Torch this morning.
    Had the original Bold.
    Torch operating system will not allow you to blast text to a group with MORE than 10 numbers in the group.
    Rely too much on this to contact large groups, so, the phone goes back.
    Going back to the Bold.
    Good luck to the Torchers out there.
    Elevensb11
    08-14-10 06:10 PM
    Good post. Thank you!
    08-14-10 06:17 PM
    I'm not sure what to say here...
    08-14-10 06:18 PM
    My BOld 9000 doesnt send to more than ten ppl at a time so it wouldn't be any diff for me on a 9800.
    08-14-10 06:34 PM
    Do the >10 people that you mass text have smart phones? If so why not email or use BBM if they all happen to have BBs.
    08-14-10 06:47 PM
    Same as Iphone, several Androids and all BB's, including the Bold. But if this is your only concern, WOW!
    08-14-10 07:03 PM
    I really doubt this guy even had/has a Torch. Just another I hate BB sign up and post troll.
    08-14-10 07:05 PM
    I really doubt this guy even had/has a Torch. Just another I hate BB sign up and post troll.
    Agree... Why would you waste your time to sign up just to post this?
    If I had just purchased a new phone, I'd be playing with it... Not wasting my time bashing another one. Troll...
    08-14-10 07:36 PM
    Well, I read the replies.
    I really am an avid Blackberry user.
    Gone from Pearl to one I can't remember to Bold. I'm not bashing the phone and I do like the point about BBM...I'll check that. I'm not a PINner, and I do e-mail the groups too, its just a lot of the phones in the groups I blast text don't have phones that receive their e-mail, so I do a lot of both. Got to have the ability to blast up to nearly 75 phone numbers at once. And, my old Bold did that with no problem. So, yes, I am taking it back, but for another Bold. Some of you people are really paranoid. The reason I signed up was to get some feed back and let others know of this problem.
    Elevensb
    08-14-10 10:08 PM
    Had the original Bold.
    Torch operating system will not allow you to blast text to a group with MORE than 10 numbers in the group.
    Going back to the Bold.
    Elevensb11
    No need to do that. Download an app called Ditto. It does exactly what you want and it's cheap.
    08-14-10 10:26 PM
    Thanks, pattste, I'll check into Ditto. If I can make it work, I'll stay with the Torch.
    Incidintally, I found it amusing that poster, andyahs, above, thought my orginal post was good and then changed his mind to join the grumpier posts???
    Thanks again for the Ditto lead.
    Elevensb
    08-15-10 12:18 PM
    lmbo...i think andyahs was being scarcastic!
    08-15-10 12:26 PM
    I got one on launch day. Hated it. Started to return it that same afternoon but got busy. Used it overnight and hated it even more. Touch screen typing gave me too many errors. Screen too busy and confusing.

I can from a BB 8300, 8310, 8900 and 9700 which i currently use. I also found navigating the web extrememly cumbersome and too much lag even on wifi.

Maybe with a few more SW updates this phone will improve. I hope so. I really wanted to love this phone!
    08-15-10 12:29 PM
    Had the original Bold.
    Going back to the Bold.
    Elevensb11
    Oh man, that sucks....I'm sorry.
    Maybe they will change this on a subsequent software release?

***nevermind - just read the solution!!!! Good luck!
    08-15-10 12:29 PM
    If it's a feature you need, fair enough, it's all about what you do with the phone but I have to ask what is it that you have to send to 75 people at once? that's like spamming to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 01:16 PM
    If it's a feature you need, fair enough, it's all about what you do with the phone but I have to ask what is it that you have to send to 75 people at once? that's like spamming to me.
    The point is he says he is going back to his Bold which has the exact same limits which is why these threads are annoying and ridiculous.....
    08-15-10 01:19 PM
    Oh. I thought he said his other phone could do this? I'm guessing it can't.

08-15-10 01:21 PM
    This is a legitimate concern, the BOLD 9650 does not have this issue on OS 5. It only has the issue with the NEW 0S6 which the Torch utilizes. There are many people who send messages to more than 10 people. If I wanted this limitation I would have stayed with my old flip phone.

It is very useful, when you can send messages to more than 10 people. For example, you run a company and need to SMS your team directions or where to go. You run a marketing company and have a following of people who attend your events and you need to message them a weekly update of where to go. You would be surprised how often people in entertainment need this.

I will look into ditto as well. Thanks!
    09-29-10 03:51 PM
    I wouldn't want to be on your contact list..
    09-29-10 04:28 PM
    I've seen a few posts about this now. And since i've never mass texted anyone..i'm not quite sure the in's and out's of it. But i would think that when sending out your text, you must add the people to the list. Once you have your message composed, couldn't you just copy it, and then send, and then do another 10 people list, paste your message, and send and keep doing this? I understand your gonna have to paste your message and hit send a few more times than normal, but I can't foresee this turning me off the phone completely.

If your a business owner with "teams", is it possible to already have contact lists set up, so then all's you gotta do is hit paste however many times and send your message? Like i said, i've never used this function so i could be WAY off course here.
    09-29-10 04:50 PM
    Coming from someone who has never used BBM, I also have to ask why you wouldn't simply email everyone? Isn't it possible to set up email distribution lists?
    09-29-10 05:14 PM
    I got one on launch day. Hated it. Started to return it that same afternoon but got busy. Used it overnight and hated it even more. Touch screen typing gave me too many errors. Screen too busy and confusing.

I can from a BB 8300, 8310, 8900 and 9700 which i currently use. I also found navigating the web extrememly cumbersome and too much lag even on wifi.

Maybe with a few more SW updates this phone will improve. I hope so. I really wanted to love this phone!
    I thought the same minus the hate. I was suprised how laggy it was at first but recently downloaded .225 and installed and it's improved a bunch with touchscreen responsiveness. I usually do about 5 different tabs at once and let them all load before going into net. If your trying to load mulitple pages at once as well as surf it does bog down. The OS6 I really do like though.
    09-29-10 05:14 PM
    Gone from Pearl to one I can't remember to Bold. I'm not bashing the phone and I do like the point about BBM...I'll check that. I'm not a PINner, and I do e-mail the groups too, its just a lot of the phones in the groups I blast text don't have phones that receive their e-mail, so I do a lot of both. Got to have the ability to blast up to nearly 75 phone numbers at once. And, my old Bold did that with no problem. So, yes, I am taking it back, but for another Bold. Some of you people are really paranoid. The reason I signed up was to get some feed back and let others know of this problem.
    Elevensb
    It's all good, man. Bet you could find a 3rd party app that would do that.
    09-29-10 05:36 PM
    Thanks, pattste, I'll check into Ditto. If I can make it work, I'll stay with the Torch.
    Incidintally, I found it amusing that poster, andyahs, above, thought my orginal post was good and then changed his mind to join the grumpier posts???
    Thanks again for the Ditto lead.
    Elevensb
    BlackBerry App World - 3jam Threaded SMS and Group SMS application
    09-29-10 05:41 PM
    Elevensb
    And you could easilt do this via the email - sms gateway.

[email protected]

09-29-10 06:38 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD