Hi all,
    I just upgraded to the Torch from my Bold 9000. Had several other models prior to the Bold.

I'm having a strange sync problem with my Torch and my Hotmail account that I never had before.

When I read a message on my device and login to my hotmail acct on my computer none of the messages I read on my device show up as read on my hotmail account. All the messages are unread.

Also, the messages I send from my Torch, don't show up in my sent folder in my hotmail account. But everyone gets my messages.

I have sent service books a couple of times, and reconciled the account from my phone. But no help. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    09-14-10 12:46 PM
    having the same issue, guess we are stuck wating on a BIS upgrade to fix the Hotmail/Live Sync
    09-14-10 12:48 PM
    I have that problem on my 9000 I think it may just be hotmail, I talked to other people with other blackberrys and it's the same
    09-14-10 12:53 PM
    I have that problem on my 9000 I think it may just be hotmail, I talked to other people with other blackberrys and it's the same
    Yep, mine too. Aol and Yahoo are much faster coming thru.
    09-14-10 12:58 PM
    this is why I use my blackberry email a lot more now, I barley use my hotmail just because of the slowness of receiving the emails
    09-14-10 12:59 PM
    I never had these problems with my Bold, and I get my emails fast even on the torch. There's got to be a fix for this.
    09-14-10 01:23 PM
    Hi all,
    I just upgraded to the Torch from my Bold 9000. Had several other models prior to the Bold.

I'm having a strange sync problem with my Torch and my Hotmail account that I never had before.

When I read a message on my device and login to my hotmail acct on my computer none of the messages I read on my device show up as read on my hotmail account. All the messages are unread.

Also, the messages I send from my Torch, don't show up in my sent folder in my hotmail account. But everyone gets my messages.

I have sent service books a couple of times, and reconciled the account from my phone. But no help. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    This is actually not a RIM problem this is microsoft changing the way they push emails. Hotmail has had their service changed and the push service has been affected. Supposedly microsoft and rim are working on a fix (very doubtful as this is an issue with iphone already and they never fixed it then). If you search the forums there is a whole write up on this issue.
    It seems it only happens if you setup your email accounts again or if you do a transfer to another phone. if your phone is working fine DO NOT send service books again. I found my phone to be working fine and when i re-sent service books for another issue the problem hit me as well.

For the time being, as someone else stated, AOL, Yahoo and Gmail work way better and I know gmail can pull your hotmail into the account so you can be working your hotmail account through gmail. I kno it sucks but i think this may be microsoft prepping for their new os, stupid way to lose customers to gmail tho.
    09-14-10 01:36 PM
    I knew there was a reason for the slowness of my Hotmail via BB... geesh.
    09-14-10 02:15 PM
    I'm so glad I read this as I was looking all over the web for a fix for this. Guess we're just stick until they decide they want to release a fix for this issue.
    09-24-10 04:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD