So Ive had my BB Torch for over a week now and cant say Ive ever been happier with a BB then this one. I love everything about it and have had no issues at all. Im very protective over my phones and hate not having a good case to keep them in. Ive tried a bunch of different cases and i havent found one yet I LOVE. Im a big fan of the seidio cases and holsters and wish they would hurry up and release one.
    Im looking for help from you all out there.
    Ive tried the following
    casemate bearly there: didnt like it because the front didnt stay on too well and i felt it would fall off.
    AGF GRT Shell: my favorite for protection but too thick by the track pad making it difficult to use but fully protects the phone and I love how it attaches to itself making it a much more secure feel.
    Im currently rocking a Ghost armor full body skin. the issue with this is that I just dont think it will fully protect the phone. I feel it wont hold up to a drop or something else scratching it.
    I may try the Ottorbox today and see how it does and how it feels today.

my questions are as follows.
    1 has anyone seen others out there that are great or nice?
    2 anyone know when or if seidio will release their actual cases and holsters?
    09-01-10 10:01 AM
    Try ShopCB on this site. There should be more than enough to choose from. I have the OEM leather swivel holster.
    09-01-10 10:26 AM
    i see those there I want peoples opinions of what they have used.
    09-01-10 10:37 AM
    I started with the AT&T holster made by AGF, with the privacy screen protector. That case is way too sloppy, it rubbed marks right into the screen protector and I have scratches on the bezel that could only have come from the case. I have since switched to Ghost Armor and the RIM OEM case and lreally like that combo.
    09-01-10 11:11 AM
    My Torch is in an Otterbox Commuter case and Seidio Innocase holster for the Bold 9000. The case doesn't add as much bulk as protection and is a little loose in the holster, but not enough to fall out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 11:11 AM
    I started with the AT&T holster made by AGF, with the privacy screen protector. That case is way too sloppy, it rubbed marks right into the screen protector and I have scratches on the bezel that could only have come from the case. I have since switched to Ghost Armor and the RIM OEM case and lreally like that combo.
    yea this is the combo Im using currently
    09-01-10 11:18 AM
    My Torch is in an Otterbox Commuter case and Seidio Innocase holster for the Bold 9000. The case doesn't add as much bulk as protection and is a little loose in the holster, but not enough to fall out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    great Idea. so the ottorbox fits in the holster well enough? can you post pics?
    09-01-10 11:18 AM
    I just pulled out my old timbuck2 treo case. I never liked this on the treo, it was too tight. but it fits the torch great.

I took a look at their site and there is a version of it that is new version
    Timbuk2 Bags - 2way - Ballistic Fabric
    09-01-10 11:24 AM
    I had AGF and returned it within 3 days because the right side kept coming undone when i used the slider. Currently sporting the CaseMate Black and have had no issues with it.
    09-01-10 11:29 AM
    I just pulled out my old timbuck2 treo case. I never liked this on the treo, it was too tight. but it fits the torch great.

I took a look at their site and there is a version of it that is new version
    Timbuk2 Bags - 2way - Ballistic Fabric
    I have three or four timbuk's I used one for the Treo as well. The only problem is there are no magnets to make it go to sleep, I wish someone would make a ballistic nylon case that did.
    09-01-10 11:52 AM
    Mine is going commando in an OEM leather swivel holster.
    09-01-10 11:55 AM
    I'm using the Storm OEM leather pocket, which you can now find much cheaper than any Torch OEM leather pocket will be if and when it comes out. The Storm has virtually identical dimensions to the Torch, more so than any other BB.
    09-01-10 11:58 AM
    Mine is going commando in an OEM leather swivel holster.
    Haha, using the holster is NOT going commando! By definition, it means not using anything at all and just carrying it around in your pocket.
    09-01-10 12:01 PM
    I'm using the Storm OEM leather pocket, which you can now find much cheaper than any Torch OEM leather pocket will be if and when it comes out. The Storm has virtually identical dimensions to the Torch, more so than any other BB.
    What do you mean, it is out. $25.00 on Amazon. And that is up 5 bucks form last week.
    09-01-10 12:09 PM
    What do you mean, it is out. $25.00 on Amazon. And that is up 5 bucks form last week.
    I think he means pocket as in the clipless holder that used to come with the blackberrys.
    09-01-10 12:22 PM
    the $25 Storm OEM is the holster type with belt clip.
    the one that i'm using right now. no problem with the magnet. Fit is perfect.
    Last edited by mark_rivers19; 09-02-10 at 10:10 AM. Reason: changed the image
    09-01-10 12:26 PM
    That's the OEM leather holster for the Torch. I'm talking about the OEM leather pocket for the Torch, which is not out yet. However, you can get the OEM Storm leather pocket for about $16 including shipping at Amazon (or half that price if you want the sucky leatherette version):

09-01-10 12:35 PM
    That's the OEM leather holster for the Torch. I'm talking about the OEM leather pocket for the Torch, which is not out yet. However, you can get the OEM Storm leather pocket for about $16 including shipping at Amazon (or half that price if you want the sucky leatherette version):
    Does anyone who's tried this pocket know if the magnets line up so the phone goes to sleep and activates the "In Holster" sound profiles?
    09-01-10 12:55 PM
    the $25 Storm OEM is the holster type with belt clip.
    the one that i'm using right now. no problem with the magnet. Fit is perfect.{picture snipped}
    Hate to break it to you, chief, but that's the leatherette swivel holster for the 9630/9650. But if it fits -- which it should since the 9650 is almost as close in size to the 9800 as the Storm is -- and pleather floats your boat, great.

You can see both the leather and leatherette OEM swivel holsters for the Storm on the official BB accessories page for the Storm. Note that the leather swivel poster has the same silver emblem as the leather pocket.

The Storm leatherette holster has no emblem but also does not have the openings down the side of the case as the one in the picture you posted does. The only case on the BB accessories site with openings on the side and only an embossed BB logo are the leatherette case for the 9630 and 9650, as you can see on the 9650's accessories page.

Note that the leather swivel holsters on the BB accessories pages say "leather swivel holster" while the leatherette ones don't say leather or otherwise, just "swivel holster."

If you paid $25 for the leatherette 9630/9650 case, you were ripped off because you can get it for $6 w/free shipping on Amazon. You'll note the same picture as the one you posted. Also note that the title description on the Amazon page is incorrect when it says the case is leather. The leather swivel holster for the 9650 has the silver emblem. (An awful lot of the BB cases sold on Amazon say they are the leather version, but they are not, which is why you should check the BB accessories page to make sure.)

For the record, the Storm leather swivel holster can be found for $16 w/shipping on Amazon

BTW, it turns out that the leather pocket for the Torch has been posted on the BB accessories page with a "coming soon" and a price of $29.99:

Last edited by JasW; 09-01-10 at 01:43 PM.
    09-01-10 01:38 PM
    Does anyone who's tried this pocket know if the magnets line up so the phone goes to sleep and activates the "In Holster" sound profiles?
    Yup, the Storm pocket magnets line up to put the phone to sleep and activate the in-holster sounds.

The Torch does fit the Storm pocket as the Storm does, that is, with about a half-inch sticking out on top. Those used to, say, the 9000 pocket, which covered up to the top of the device except for the thumb grooves on the front and back, might not like this.

I can't tell from the photo of the actual Torch pocket what that will be like, but it does seem to have a higher back than a front.
    Last edited by JasW; 09-01-10 at 01:51 PM.
    09-01-10 01:48 PM
    I just received my OEM holster last evening and while the fit and quality of the holster are really good, I'm a bit disappointed in the clip.

If you look at the pictures you'll see the clip is set up off the back of the holster by about 1/8" That leaves a gap, that slides over and gets caught on my pants pocket or belt every time I try to clip it there. I find myself having to fumble around for what seems like forever just it get it clipped. If you turn the holster sideways and clip it to your belt, the clip sticks down a good bit and gouges into your leg when sitting down. This also makes the holster slide up and you think it's going to pop off your belt when you sit. I was scrambling to catch it the first few times. I don't believe it can pop off if you have it clipped correctly cause the clip has a J-hook at the bottom that will keep it from popping off but... man!

I guess I'm just so used to my old Seidio clip for my Bold that was perfect. I'll be looking to get one of those when available.

Just my 2�
    09-01-10 02:10 PM
    That's the OEM leather holster for the Torch. I'm talking about the OEM leather pocket for the Torch, which is not out yet.
    My bad Jas, reading comprehension not working well today!
    09-01-10 02:23 PM
    I just received my OEM holster last evening and while the fit and quality of the holster are really good, I'm a bit disappointed in the clip.

If you look at the pictures you'll see the clip is set up off the back of the holster by about 1/8" That leaves a gap, that slides over and gets caught on my pants pocket or belt every time I try to clip it there. I find myself having to fumble around for what seems like forever just it get it clipped. If you turn the holster sideways and clip it to your belt, the clip sticks down a good bit and gouges into your leg when sitting down. This also makes the holster slide up and you think it's going to pop off your belt when you sit. I was scrambling to catch it the first few times. I don't believe it can pop off if you have it clipped correctly cause the clip has a J-hook at the bottom that will keep it from popping off but... man!
    Interesting, I can honestly say that I have not experienced these issues. Now that you have pointed out the clip design I probably will.

Where do you keep your holster that would allow the clip to gouge your leg? I just ran around my belt with it and could not duplicate? And I even have low rise pants on today!
    09-01-10 02:29 PM
    Where do you keep your holster that would allow the clip to gouge your leg? I just ran around my belt with it and could not duplicate? And I even have low rise pants on today!
    I guess I should have worded it better as you are right, it doesn't really gouge your leg... more like the hip. Ha-ha... those would have to be some really low riders to hit the leg.
    09-01-10 02:44 PM
    I have a "feather light" Incipio skin/case (more or less to protect the back of the phone) that I found at Best Buy and also the OEM swivel holster.
    09-01-10 02:44 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD