great Idea. so the ottorbox fits in the holster well enough? can you post pics?
    Well enough for me; passed my vigorous shake test.
    I should mention though, the Commuter case/Innocase holster combo doesn't allow the magnet to put the phone on standby.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1283375643
    09-01-10 04:27 PM
    I have been using the case that came with my 9700 and it is working great.
    09-01-10 06:17 PM
    I just received my OEM holster last evening and while the fit and quality of the holster are really good, I'm a bit disappointed in the clip.

If you look at the pictures you'll see the clip is set up off the back of the holster by about 1/8" That leaves a gap, that slides over and gets caught on my pants pocket or belt every time I try to clip it there. I find myself having to fumble around for what seems like forever just it get it clipped. If you turn the holster sideways and clip it to your belt, the clip sticks down a good bit and gouges into your leg when sitting down. This also makes the holster slide up and you think it's going to pop off your belt when you sit. I was scrambling to catch it the first few times. I don't believe it can pop off if you have it clipped correctly cause the clip has a J-hook at the bottom that will keep it from popping off but... man!

I guess I'm just so used to my old Seidio clip for my Bold that was perfect. I'll be looking to get one of those when available.

Just my 2�
    looks great, i ordered mine two nights ago. is the leather hard as it looks?
    09-01-10 06:30 PM
    I love mine especially the red stitching...It means that Torch owners are part of the TROLL resistance. We have earned the badge of honor in the red stitching. If you are reading this and own a Torch, you are the resistance.
    09-01-10 06:35 PM
    Hate to break it to you, chief, but that's the leatherette swivel holster for the 9630/9650. But if it fits -- which it should since the 9650 is almost as close in size to the 9800 as the Storm is -- and pleather floats your boat, great.

You can see both the leather and leatherette OEM swivel holsters for the Storm on the official BB accessories page for the Storm. Note that the leather swivel poster has the same silver emblem as the leather pocket.

The Storm leatherette holster has no emblem but also does not have the openings down the side of the case as the one in the picture you posted does. The only case on the BB accessories site with openings on the side and only an embossed BB logo are the leatherette case for the 9630 and 9650, as you can see on the 9650's accessories page.

Note that the leather swivel holsters on the BB accessories pages say "leather swivel holster" while the leatherette ones don't say leather or otherwise, just "swivel holster."

If you paid $25 for the leatherette 9630/9650 case, you were ripped off because you can get it for $6 w/free shipping on Amazon. You'll note the same picture as the one you posted. Also note that the title description on the Amazon page is incorrect when it says the case is leather. The leather swivel holster for the 9650 has the silver emblem. (An awful lot of the BB cases sold on Amazon say they are the leather version, but they are not, which is why you should check the BB accessories page to make sure.)

For the record, the Storm leather swivel holster can be found for $16 w/shipping on Amazon

BTW, it turns out that the leather pocket for the Torch has been posted on the BB accessories page with a "coming soon" and a price of $29.99:

According to information found on the internet, the BB OEM pocket case is due to release on September 6th.
    09-01-10 07:23 PM
    According to information found on the internet, the BB OEM pocket case is due to release on September 6th.
    Haha, well it must be true then.

I actually might end up going for it, at least when the price comes down $10 or so. Although it fits the Torch and functions fine, the one thing I don't like about the Storm OEM pocket is the raised metal emblem. It feels odd and makes the pocket kind of girly looking, especially with contrasting stitching. (Ditto the Storm OEM leather holster.) The Torch pocket and holster have a more rugged look.
    09-02-10 09:54 AM
    looks great, i ordered mine two nights ago. is the leather hard as it looks?
    No it isn't. Don't get me wrong... it's not soft like lambskin but it definitely isn't as hard as it looks.
    09-02-10 09:56 AM
    thanks for the clarification..
    i actually bought it a my nearest Verizon retail store..
    i asked for a Storm 2 leather case..and they gave me this.
    i paid close to $26 including taxes
    i honestly don't know what a pleather is..until now.
    but it fits.. and it protects...
    thanks again

Hate to break it to you, chief, but that's the leatherette swivel holster for the 9630/9650. But if it fits -- which it should since the 9650 is almost as close in size to the 9800 as the Storm is -- and pleather floats your boat, great.

If you paid $25 for the leatherette 9630/9650 case, you were ripped off because you can get it for $6 w/free shipping on Amazon.
    09-02-10 10:04 AM
    @ JasW i think this is what i got...or i'm hoping this is what the rep at Verizon gave me.. the swivel holster for the storm.

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    09-02-10 10:07 AM
    Haha, well it must be true then.

I actually might end up going for it, at least when the price comes down $10 or so. Although it fits the Torch and functions fine, the one thing I don't like about the Storm OEM pocket is the raised metal emblem. It feels odd and makes the pocket kind of girly looking, especially with contrasting stitching. (Ditto the Storm OEM leather holster.) The Torch pocket and holster have a more rugged look.
    Yeah, it's true. The BB item number is HDW-31013-001

RIM OEM BlackBerry Leather Pocket - Black For Blackberry, BlackBerry 9800 - Cases - Fommy.com

Looks like in different colors too. Genuine leather like the holster I just got from the CB store.

On a side note, I emailed the CB Store about the case and if they were going to stock it - I'm sure they will, but I got two responses back - one guy said they weren't going to stock it and another guy said yes. I guess the left hand isn't talking to the right hand. The Fommy site now shows it shipping on September 11th. I'm sure you can get them cheaper at other places too.
    Last edited by ibcop; 09-02-10 at 10:32 AM.
    09-02-10 10:12 AM
    thanks for the clarification..
    i actually bought it a my nearest Verizon retail store..
    i asked for a Storm 2 leather case..and they gave me this.
    i paid close to $26 including taxes
    i honestly don't know what a pleather is..until now.
    but it fits.. and it protects...
    thanks again
    You could get the BB Torch case for less than $26.
    09-02-10 10:13 AM
    BTW, it turns out that the leather pocket for the Torch has been posted on the BB accessories page with a "coming soon" and a price of $29.99:
    You neglected to mention that it only shows the pocket as coming in White w/Pink Accent. I'm gonna pass since I got enough sh*t for my red 9700 pocket, "It's his phone purse."

I'd gladly take one in black with red though.
    09-02-10 10:16 AM
    You neglected to mention that it only shows the pocket as coming in White w/Pink Accent. I'm gonna pass since I got enough sh*t for my red 9700 pocket, "It's his phone purse."

I'd gladly take one in black with red though.
    Haha! You can get it in black!

Look above for the item number.
    Last edited by ibcop; 09-02-10 at 10:23 AM.
    09-02-10 10:21 AM
    @ JasW i think this is what i got...or i'm hoping this is what the rep at Verizon gave me.. the swivel holster for the storm.

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    D'oh! That's the leatherette holster for the Storm. $7.28 incl. shipping on Amazon. Don't ever buy accessories at a wireless company store! (Or Radio Shack for that matter, that place has become a serious rip off -- the tech version of a convenience store that charges double for a quart of milk. They have the nerve to charge $20 for a simple USB to micro USB cable.)
    09-02-10 10:23 AM
    Yeah, it's true. The BB item number is HDW-3103-0001

RIM OEM BlackBerry Leather Pocket - Black For Blackberry, BlackBerry 9800 - Cases - Fommy.com

Looks like in different colors too. Genuine leather like the holster I just got from the CB store.

On a side note, I emailed the CB Store about the case and if they were going to stock it - I'm sure they will, but I got two responses back - one guy said they weren't going to stock it and another guy said yes. I guess the left hand isn't talking to the right hand. The Fommy site now shows it shipping on September 11th. I'm sure you can get them cheaper at other places too.
    Nah, I know it's true, I was joking -- I mentioned at the end of a post on the preceding page that it had appeared on the official BB accessories page for the Torch, just saying "coming soon." That page also says the holster is coming soon, though.

I bought the leather pocket for the 9000 for about half of its suggested retail price two or so months after the 9000 came out on AT&T, so I would imagine the pocket for the Torch could be had for around $15 or so by November.
    09-02-10 10:35 AM
    Nah, I know it's true, I was joking -- I mentioned at the end of a post on the preceding page that it had appeared on the official BB accessories page for the Torch, just saying "coming soon." That page also says the holster is coming soon, though.

I bought the leather pocket for the 9000 for about half of its suggested retail price two or so months after the 9000 came out on AT&T, so I would imagine the pocket for the Torch could be had for around $15 or so by November.
    I figured as much.

I like the pocket cases much better than the holsters - so as soon as it's available, I'm scarfing two up. BTW, the CB store had the new Torch holster for $24 and some change but they have a 15% coupon floating around, so I got it for $21 and some change. A plus is they are in Florida, so I get my stuff in a day with normal shipping.
    09-02-10 10:41 AM
    Well enough for me; passed my vigorous shake test.
    I should mention though, the Commuter case/Innocase holster combo doesn't allow the magnet to put the phone on standby.

Cool, I might have to get one of these holsters. I've been looking for something like this to use with the Otterbox.
    09-02-10 11:12 AM
    BestBuy sell a brand of cases that they call the "Platinum" cases. I got the one for the Bold 9000 and use the holster with my otterbox 9800 case. I relocated the magnet to that it works with the 9800 profiles.
    09-02-10 11:19 AM
    For those interested, you can get a full body Stealth Guard skin for the cost of shipping (~ $2.50) :

Blackberry Torch 9800 Full Body Protection - Cell Phones

I ordered one yesterday. The reviews on the web are not great but for the price, you can't really go wrong. I have a Zagg in the mail but figured I would order a Stealth Guard as a backup / replacement skin. I'm only going to use the screen part so I don't care too much about the fit of the other parts.
    09-02-10 07:07 PM
    For those interested, you can get a full body Stealth Guard skin for the cost of shipping (~ $2.50) :

Blackberry Torch 9800 Full Body Protection - Cell Phones

I ordered one yesterday. The reviews on the web are not great but for the price, you can't really go wrong. I have a Zagg in the mail but figured I would order a Stealth Guard as a backup / replacement skin. I'm only going to use the screen part so I don't care too much about the fit of the other parts.
    Good find, I suppose. I mean you can't really go wrong for $2.50.
    09-02-10 07:25 PM
    I figured as much.

I like the pocket cases much better than the holsters - so as soon as it's available, I'm scarfing two up. BTW, the CB store had the new Torch holster for $24 and some change but they have a 15% coupon floating around, so I got it for $21 and some change. A plus is they are in Florida, so I get my stuff in a day with normal shipping.
    Check this out: Blackberry Leather Pocket Pouch for Torch 9800 (Black) $11.99. If you recall, this is the same place that had the Torch on "preorder" back in June or something. Anybody know if this place is on the up and up, as they used to say? A fifty-plus percent discount before an OEM accessory has even been released seems too good to be true . . . .

Here are the full array of colors:

09-03-10 06:27 AM
    Jas, great find!

I have purchased from them in the past, but I think it was as a 3rd party reseller through Amazon. I think they ship from NY and it was pretty fast. That's a damn good price, so I'll give it a whirl, unless they want too much for shipping. Unless we can beat it somewhere else!

EDIT: Free shipping if you pre-order!

EDIT: MobileCityOnline isn't getting good reviews: MobileCityOnline - Reviews & Ratings from Customers - Smarter.com
    Last edited by ibcop; 09-03-10 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Added info.
    09-03-10 06:53 AM
    Jas, great find!

I have purchased from them in the past, but I think it was as a 3rd party reseller through Amazon. I think they ship from NY and it was pretty fast. That's a damn good price, so I'll give it a whirl, unless they want too much for shipping. Unless we can beat it somewhere else!

EDIT: Free shipping if you pre-order!

EDIT: MobileCityOnline isn't getting good reviews: MobileCityOnline - Reviews & Ratings from Customers - Smarter.com
    Huh . . . there are some good reviews, though. I don't know if I would buy a phone from them, but I'm not sure what could go wrong with accessories.

I also see that the Otterbox is going for $26.99 for a preorder with $3.95 shipping (available 9/7, but how can they not have it yet?).
    09-03-10 07:37 AM
    Huh . . . there are some good reviews, though. I don't know if I would buy a phone from them, but I'm not sure what could go wrong with accessories.

I also see that the Otterbox is going for $26.99 for a preorder with $3.95 shipping (available 9/7, but how can they not have it yet?).
    Yeah, I dug a little deeper and found some stuff. It seems most of their bad reviews were on the phones.

I ordered two of the pocket cases. Upon checkout, the receipt said I would receive an email when they arrived in stock and have the option of continuing with the order or cancelling. In addition, they don't charge your cc until the order ships. So, two cases for $23.98 and free UPS shipping.

Pretty good deal.
    09-03-10 07:40 AM
    BestBuy sell a brand of cases that they call the "Platinum" cases. I got the one for the Bold 9000 and use the holster with my otterbox 9800 case. I relocated the magnet to that it works with the 9800 profiles.
    I went to BB last night and bought this. It fits the Torch like a glove with the screen facing in but a little loose screen facing out. The best part was it was on clearance so I only paid $24.99 plus tax. It's $34.99 on the BB website so I'm glad I went to the store.

Thanks for posting this!
    09-03-10 08:50 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD