Does wearing your blackberry on your hip make you look like a dork?
    Fashion Faux-pas?

Was considering the leather holster clip; not sure how I feel about it on my belt. I'm afraid of any of the other cases would make my phone a bit chunky in my pocket...

What do you all think?

(No I'm not that subconscious of my looks, I've always had a slight aversion to them, i've always seemed to find them a bit nerdy and a lot of people I wish I didn't know always rocked the hipberry. Maybe it's time for a paradigm shift?)
    11-09-10 09:23 PM
    I wear my Torch in a OEM holster and did the same for my 8310, 9000 and 9700. The classic look never goes out of style just like the buttondown shirt. Always in style. Seriously, the only person that it should matter to is you. Older people like me dig the classics.
    11-09-10 09:26 PM
    Carry it however you want. Who cares what others may think? It's your personal choice that matters.
    11-09-10 09:26 PM
    And doing so will make your **** look big!

Another thing to consider. Don't keep a Torch in your pocket while wearing cotton shorts and say jumping up and down. You will be in for a surprise when your shorts are around your ankles after landing.

Your mom always said to wear clean underwear and never go commando!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 09:32 PM
    (No I'm not that subconscious of my looks, I've always had a slight aversion to them, i've always seemed to find them a bit nerdy...
    Not subconcious of your looks, but asking strangers on an internet forum how you should wear your phone, beacause of how it might make you look..... Classic!
    11-09-10 09:48 PM
    Same answer I always give: who gives a flying **** at a rolling donut? I wear my blackBerry in a holster next to my Leatherman. I always know where it is, it's easy to get to, and I know it's safe. My devices maintain virtually flawless appearances for years because I take care of them. I couldn't give a rat's *** what people think of me. Oh, I wear use a Jawbone, too, when I drive, and sometimes at home.

11-09-10 10:43 PM
    Let others think what they want of it. For me, the holster is a great option because it's easy to access. If you're used to having it in your holster, you will always know that your phone is safely on your hip as opposed to having to check your pockets, bag, etc. for your BB.
    11-09-10 11:12 PM
    I've always used the belt holsters, right now I have the leather holster for the TOrch but I am seriously eyeballing the Seidio Innocase/holster combo.
    11-09-10 11:16 PM
    Although Seidio products are expensive for us here (shipping charges are too high), yet I really like the Storm2 holster which I clip on to my Belt. It fits my Torch perfectly!
    11-10-10 01:10 AM
    I got the pocket/slide in thingy.
    One thing I dislike about it is, it's in one of my pocket.
    I prefer the holster I used for my bold much more.
    I'll probably give in & get the holster for my Torch sooner or later.
    It's much more accessible for me & I like clipping it on my sun visor or my cup holder while I drive.

I'm not the socks & sandals type of guy, & am considered stylish too.
    I still rock my BB on my hip or that lil change pocket on my jeans.
    I never found a better use for these pockets in my life.

11-10-10 02:19 AM
    Wear it how you want, although I personally think that wearing your phone on your belt is extremely nerdy, Kinda like knee high tube socks and flip flops.
    I prefer the leather pocket pouch. Nice tight fit while protecting the screen and not a lot of added bulk, if any. Easy to slip in and out of your pants or shirt pocket.
    11-10-10 02:48 AM
    I love Blackberries but the innovation that should be there on the new Blackberry isn't. SmartPhones are truely personal mini computers and Blackberry is falling behind regarding innovations in this field. What makes matters worse is their choice of AT&T as the exclusive carrier. AT&T nationwide has the worse coverage, crappy customer service and expensive service plans. Just another nail in the coffin which Blackberry is building for their brand.
    11-10-10 02:53 AM
    huh AT&T Exclusive? ok...
    11-10-10 02:57 AM
    I love Blackberries but the innovation that should be there on the new Blackberry isn't. SmartPhones are truely personal mini computers and Blackberry is falling behind regarding innovations in this field. What makes matters worse is their choice of AT&T as the exclusive carrier. AT&T nationwide has the worse coverage, crappy customer service and expensive service plans. Just another nail in the coffin which Blackberry is building for their brand.
    ....AND this has what to do with this thread? Thread title "Torch on hip"... Another long line of people selling the doom and gloom and demise of RIM. Besides RIM has never really been Innovators more like they go for whats safe, tried, and true. If it aint broke, why fix it?
    11-10-10 03:20 AM
    Yah this forum needs an ignore feature, or does it have one?
    11-10-10 03:25 AM
    I never thought of having a holster or phone on your waist as a fashion faux-pas or anything like that. It depends on what you're wearing more than anything else. I don't like using my Torch with a holster ever since I dropped my first one and the screen cracked. The innocase combo seems tempting, but I think I'm more likely to drop my Torch if it's on my waist rather than in my pocket or a bag.
    11-10-10 03:28 AM
    Successful derail.

BlackBerry have never been on the forefront of innovation. They always went more for evolution than revolution. Since I got my first BB 3 years ago (a 7290) I've seen the hardware and software evolve and get better. They don't play in the hardware race but I think that's not a bad thing. Where I live, BlackBerries are becoming more and more popular, at a recent business conference an estimated 50% of attendees were using BlackBerry. I don't think RIM are going down any time soon.
    11-10-10 03:28 AM
    Successful derail.
    11-10-10 03:32 AM
    Haha thanks for the replies.

I think I could have expected some of the responses, oh well.
    I guess I should have reworded my original post. I really don't care what people think, just curious of how many people actually do rock the hip clip.

To the guy with the cotton shorts. That's unfortunate... Or is it?
    11-10-10 06:28 AM
    Yah this forum needs an ignore feature, or does it have one?
    Add to your Ignore List by selecting the user name, Public Profile and the Ignore List as well as confirming it. The only drawback is if someone else quotes the troll in their efforts to feed them.

11-10-10 06:38 AM
    I will take nerdy and classic any day. Two more trolls to add to my Ignore List.

11-10-10 06:40 AM
    I will take nerdy and classic any day. Two more trolls to add to my Ignore List.

What exactly constitutes being a troll? I for one have no clue since I don't frequent forums to often. Most forums I've ever been on is this one.
    11-10-10 06:47 AM
    Does wearing your blackberry on your hip make you look like a dork?
    Fashion Faux-pas?

Was considering the leather holster clip; not sure how I feel about it on my belt. I'm afraid of any of the other cases would make my phone a bit chunky in my pocket...

What do you all think?

(No I'm not that subconscious of my looks, I've always had a slight aversion to them, i've always seemed to find them a bit nerdy and a lot of people I wish I didn't know always rocked the hipberry. Maybe it's time for a paradigm shift?)
    personally i hate the look - imo it does look dorky as ****...

i find it matches well with the dumb look of walking around with a bluetooth ear peice.

if i have a holster ill use it backwards witht he clip on the outside of my pocket and holster in my pocket.

i almost feel like people find the ned to show of their device.... and to be honest im a lil scared of it dropping.
    11-10-10 06:59 AM
    personally i hate the look - imo it does look dorky as ****...

i find it matches well with the dumb look of walking around with a bluetooth ear peice.

if i have a holster ill use it backwards witht he clip on the outside of my pocket and holster in my pocket.

i almost feel like people find the ned to show of their device.... and to be honest im a lil scared of it dropping.
    That's a good point. I'm afraid of it coming off, or if it's swiveled sideways, that it'd fall out. I tend to bump into things too which is kind of putting me off.
    11-10-10 08:45 AM
    I use the hip clip and find that it matches very well with my pocket protector..as well as distract from the masking tape I use to hold my glasses together. Now if only BB would make a decent orthopedic shoe, and maybe come out with a good dandruff shampoo..then i'd be all set.

I've thought maybe the iPhone would make me look cooler..but now i'm not so sure..

11-10-10 09:28 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD