I just got my sexy new Torch - as one member has already said 'I can't stop molesting it'. =)

But I have a question, I used to have a Bold & a Curve and when I get into my room the Bold would go into SOS mode and the Curve would just lose signal - they would get signal back on but it's intermittent.

Now that I have my Torch, when I go into my room, it would go into EDGE. If I leave my room and go outside or something, it gets 3G - but not in my room.

I'm guessing it has to be something in the walls or something.

Anyways, my crazy question is - will this damage my Torch's internals? As in, would the antenna gradually get weaker over time because it's trying to get on 3G but can't?
    Last edited by Machzy; 10-10-10 at 07:16 AM.
    10-10-10 06:41 AM
    No worries about intetnals/antenna so keep molesting the crap out of it,and have fun with the Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 06:57 AM
    I'm on EDGE 99% of the time as thiers no 3g coverage in my area. When i go to the city i have 3g. No problems with loss of signal staying on EDGE 99% of the time then moving to 3g.
    10-10-10 07:06 AM
    No worries about intetnals/antenna so keep molesting the crap out of it,and have fun with the Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Haha, thanks - and will do! =)
    10-10-10 07:15 AM
    Actually you may get better battery life while in EDGE mode versus 3G. 3G takes a little more power to run. EDGE is slower, but not by much.
    10-10-10 11:22 AM
    just use the Wi-Fi in your room.
    unless you really need the 3G connection, the EDGE won't affect your calls, SMS, email, BBM etc.
    it will show some lag on WEB browsing.
    and NO it's not going to ruin the innards of the phone itself
    10-10-10 02:52 PM
    Thanks boys. All great tips.
    10-13-10 10:04 PM
    If you are having connectivity issues, you might try NetworkAcc it is an accelerator for network. basically it modifies the settings, and in alot of areas where i would get "edge" (very limited data) i can now get 3G constantantly, just a thought
    10-14-10 01:15 PM
    Machzy - good luck with your Torch, youre going to love it.

As for the edge connectivity, there is nothing to worry about, as others have pointed out. If it is happening inside your building consistently, it is likely due to the construction of the building, or interference within the building caused by other competing signals, and is not at all a concern, just a nuisance. As others have said, I would imagine that running on Edge would be more battery-friendly in the long run.
    10-14-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD