I have a 9700 since launch, it was my first BB and I've been very happy with it. Glad I came into the BB world.

I am thinking about a change when I renew my contract. Thinking about a 9780 or a 9800. I like the idea of the touch screen, and the much bigger screen, but my Bold has worked very well for me.

There was alot of hype leading up to the 9800's release. Just wondering if it's lived up to the hype. Now that it's been out a while just wondering what the general consensus is. Specifically interested in any other 9700 users who made the switch.

I realize that this is a tough question to answer, but any feedback will be appreciated.
    11-26-10 08:13 PM
    I went from a 9000 to a 9800 - thought I could never give up the amazing 9000 keyboard. Without a doubt the 9800's keyboard is inferior...but I can't picture myself ever using a non-touchscreen BlackBerry again.

Sure I might like a 9000 sized touch screen device but aside from that sign me up for a Torch 2 - this thing is awesome.
    11-26-10 08:31 PM
    I'm with jefferii on this one, as I too went from a 9000 to the 9800. It took me a couple of weeks to get fully comfortable navigating my way around the device, but now I fly around it like a pro. As long as BB maintains the torch line, I will continue to be a loyal customer. I will never go back to the standard format.

Go for it! Take the plunge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 09:13 PM
    Its a great phone. For myself the Torch has lived up to its hype for sure. I used the Tour before the Torch and the Storm before that. So I've had my fair share of Blackberry's and the Torch has not disappoint one bit.
    11-26-10 09:20 PM
    I too am happy with my torch. Not a huge fan of the on screen keyboard, but I've never been happy with any touch screen keyboard. Might have something to do with my large fingers?

In any case, I say go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

11-27-10 02:43 AM
    The step from 9000 to Torch was a difficult decision for me. After a bit typping on the smaller keyboard is fine. The touch screen functions are wonderful. Still not using the screen keyboard.

If a 9000 form factor arrives with touch screen I might change devices again but for now I am a happy camper. Try the Torch in a store. If you are not totally turned off go for it I say.

11-27-10 06:34 AM
    I came from an 8310 curve, 81someting pearl before that, and absolutely love my torch. I can't imagine using a different phone, for me the 9700 series was just way to.. well "bold".

Go for it, if you don't like it return it for a 9780, same form function as your 9700 but with OS6.
    11-27-10 06:39 AM
    I too was a big touch screen "hater" but after a few weeks of refusing to use it I decided to take the big plunge and force myself to use it. For the first few days, I hated it. Lots of typos, etc. Stuff that would NEVER happen with my old friend, the physical keyboard. After a few weeks of torture I read a post where a guy suggested changing the virtual keyboard setting to "Corrective" (Options - Typing and Input - Typing). It opened me up to a whole new world. I don't bother trying to hit the keys so precisely anymore. I don't use my fingerrips. The phone's auto-correct works very well. I now type flat-fingered and it's working great. If you're able to type by touch on a standard keyboard, you're gonna fly using this method. Good luck!
    11-27-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD