hi all, had a brand new torch about a week first couple of days great no problems then screen started to freeze for no reason then the buttons would lock , the back button wouldnt work, etc generally just freezin and playin up, ive lost count of the number of times ive removed the battery, even wiped it , but still it persists to play up, i am in the process of a replacement, but somebody mentioned it could be the magnet in my leather case ( its a pdair one) that puts the screen off to save battery.that could be the cause, has anyone heard anythin about problems when using a case with a magnet in it ? thanks in advance
    11-30-10 12:09 PM
    All blackberry's go into standby mode with a magnet in use in the case. I highly doubt that is the cause of your problems.

I have been using my OEM leather pocket pouch(has a magnet in it) for about 4 weeks now with no ill effects.
    sam65 likes this.
    11-30-10 12:11 PM
    All blackberry's go into standby mode with a magnet in use in the case. I highly doubt that is the cause of your problems.

I have been using my OEM leather pocket pouch(has a magnet in it) for about 4 weeks now with no ill effects.
    Actually, with the pdair case, you don't take your phone out of the case. You can open the case and use the phone. The magnet in the case could be putting it to sleep while using it.

Does it lock up on you if you totally remove it from the case?
    11-30-10 12:16 PM
    thanks for the reply, i didnt think it could be the magnet, but i thought i would ask just in case. must just have a bad unit. im waiting for my replacement so i will see how it goes ( love this phone just wish it would work)
    11-30-10 12:17 PM
    ye its been lockin up in or out the case, i do the battery pull then 2 mins later it either starts displayin a screen i didnt want or it freezes alltogether its doin my head in
    11-30-10 12:20 PM
    Actually, with the pdair case, you don't take your phone out of the case. You can open the case and use the phone. The magnet in the case could be putting it to sleep while using it.

Does it lock up on you if you totally remove it from the case?
    LOL did not know of this case, I actually thought pdair was a typo. I just watched the demo vid on youtube, there is no magnet in the case.

Besides if the phone was still in standby mode he wouldn't even be able to use it?

Just tested this with my case, all buttons are inoperable when in standby mode.
    11-30-10 12:22 PM
    ye its been lockin up in or out the case, i do the battery pull then 2 mins later it either starts displayin a screen i didnt want or it freezes alltogether its doin my head in
    If it happens out of the case then I would say it's a defective device. I would return it for a warranty exchange.
    11-30-10 12:23 PM
    LOL did not know of this case, I actually thought pdair was a typo. I just watched the demo vid on youtube, there is no magnet in the case.

Besides if the phone was still in standby mode he wouldn't even be able to use it?

Just tested this with my case, all buttons are inoperable when in standby mode.
    Yes there is a magnet in the pdair case. Check their website.

Regardless, the OP said it happens out of the case so it is not the magnet.
    11-30-10 12:25 PM
    Yes there is a magnet in the pdair case. Check their website.

Regardless, the OP said it happens out of the case so it is not the magnet.
    My bad I googled "pdair torch 9800" and came up with an aluminum case that did not have a magnet.

11-30-10 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD