12-06-10 10:22 PM
133 ... 456
tools
    I came back to AT&T from VZ (and my 9650) to get the Torch and I have to say after a few months that it's been challenging to fully love this device. I am not crazy about OS6 and the way the tabs jump around -- too many categories, I think, or not way to eliminate them. Not wild about the smallish keyboard, and the build quality if only OK. I have had to put layers of tape on the back of the top slide portion because in the closed position the top part rocks on the hinge like a chair that has three legs on the floor and one on a carpet. It was annoying.

As someone who texts and emails mostly, I depend on a keyboard (forget the touch screen keypad) and the Torch's is sub-par. I keep a 9000 on hand when I can't deal with the Torch. I was a great idea that doesn't do anything extremely well, and that's why it suffers. Touch performance is mediocre, physical keyboard is mediocre. Specs are mediocre, so what is the net?

If RIM ever took the 9000 to the next level...whooo baby I would be happy.

Faithfully BB.
    12-05-10 08:38 PM
    I just love how my thread has a 2 star rating. In case you guys didn't know, that was not my article and in my original post I clearly disagreed with the majority of the "flops."
    12-06-10 06:18 PM
    Well they might be rating the article, not so much the post, since the post is generally about the article info.
    12-06-10 06:22 PM
    CASH = Torch-Hater
    12-06-10 06:26 PM
    FYI, Torch is second best selling device at ATT after iPhone 4 and Barclays have upgraded RIM stock based on the promising outlook, please see the link

RIM: Barclays Raises Estimates On Playbook - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    12-06-10 06:31 PM
    FYI, Torch is second best selling device at ATT after iPhone 4 and Barclays have upgraded RIM stock based on the promising outlook, please see the link

RIM: Barclays Raises Estimates On Playbook - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    Hmmm, he also mentions an upcoming "Touch Bold" as well as a Storm 3. That should generate a few threads on its own.
    12-06-10 07:04 PM
    I'm assuming this is all about sales?

Nexus one blows any android phone out there (except the new Nexus S)
    Palm Pre OS is simply amazing, no doubt about that. Again, marketing for it sucks.
    Google TV JUST CAME OUT! How is it a flop already?!

Stupid list
    12-06-10 09:52 PM
    I'm assuming this is all about sales?... Google TV JUST CAME OUT! How is it a flop already?!

Stupid list
    Lackluster sales. All reviews I've read (from non-tech people) say it has a complicated interface. It's already on sale, too.
    Google TV Already In Trouble? Sony Offering 25% Off Blu-ray Google TV Units
    12-06-10 10:22 PM
133 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD