12-06-10 10:22 PM
133 ... 23456
tools
    I dont have a blackberry anymore and im still here! I can make my assumptions about a device on my own. Why stop at phones, i could say anyone who has a white car is fail because it shows dirt to easy. Or how about if you make less than 35,000 a year you failed because your not rich. It is funny to see people so worried by tuckers posts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Of course you COULD..so what is it that stops you? Morales? Common decency? Better things to do with your time than push your views on people? My guess is a combination of all those things. That is what makes a troll a troll..because they possess none of those things. And of course with a thread title such as this one..where else would you expect to find the VP of Troll Operations..I knew he'd be all over this thread like a fatman at a buffett..

12-02-10 03:11 PM
    It, too, had its share of hardware and software problems, not to mention the ATT issues but some people will give them a pass regardless...
    Yes, I seem to remember some controversy about phone calls being dropped when iPhone first came out....
    12-02-10 06:10 PM
    I was thinking we could all get together and have a "tea party" movement - a "Ban the Tucked" group...but the last time someone tried that with another trouble maker the thread got closed for backchair modding, so not a good thing to suggest.
    Yay! That was my thread.
    12-02-10 07:26 PM
    From another thread: RIM stock value jumps after a surprising jump in Torch sales | Technology News | Spetnik Solutions

The Torch, which featured both touchscreen capabilities and the slide-out QWERTY keyboard the BlackBerry is famous for, was so disappointing upon initial release that AT&T reduced the phone's price from $199 to $99 early last month.

This price drop, according to multiple sources, may have helped save Research In Motion. The BlackBerry Torch 9800 has been AT&T's second best-selling smartphone - trailing only Apple's iPhone - since the price adjustment, according to Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets.
    Let's see how our "village id!ot spins this one.
    12-02-10 07:40 PM
    It is, without question (in my opinion), the best BlackBerry ever.

I see you are still going strong with the trolling. Still no life I guess. Good luck.
    I could not agree more. it really is a fantastic phone.
    12-02-10 07:55 PM
    I like my Torch just fine and even bought a red one today for my wife's Christmas gift.

The list maker was clearly a big Apple fan judging by the Steve Jobs hype at the end of the list.

12-02-10 07:56 PM
    Blackberry seems to be doing okay:

CBC News - Technology & Science - BlackBerry tops Apple in mobile web use

BlackBerry tops Apple in mobile web use

BlackBerry OS mobile web usage beat Apple's iOS in the month of November, according to an analysis of web trends. (Ajit Solanki/Associated Press)
    The BlackBerry mobile operating system has for the first time overtaken its rivals at Apple in terms of web usage, according to new numbers from the U.S. web analytics company StatCounter.

The research firm found that US BlackBerry OS edged out Apple’s iOS in November, taking 34.4 per cent of market share. Apple’s iOS, serving iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices, recorded 33 per cent in the same month.

The sampling of more than 15 billion page views per month on more than three million websites in StatCounter’s network recorded only U.S. figures.

“These figures suggest that developers should not be developing solely for the iPhone to the exclusion of BlackBerry and Android,” said Aodhan Cullen, the CEO of StatCounter.

Android, the mobile operating system by Google, has also been gaining traction, having tripled to 23.8 per cent of the market this year from 8.2 per cent last November in terms of web usage.

Cullen projected that if the trends continue, BlackBerry and Android together are poised to double the size of Apple’s iOS in mobile internet usage in 2011.

Read more: CBC News - Technology & Science - BlackBerry tops Apple in mobile web use
    12-02-10 08:41 PM
    ^Keep in mind that a lot of companies have iOS apps that basically mimic their website.
    12-02-10 08:53 PM
    From another thread: RIM stock value jumps after a surprising jump in Torch sales | Technology News | Spetnik Solutions

Really? Do you really want to compare positive RIM articles to negative ones? C'mon, that's too easy!
    12-02-10 09:42 PM
    The Torch is still selling, and is doing very well in Canada,

I agree the Pre was a failure,
    The Nexus One was not a failure, the Supply Chain was a failure, the phone itself was pretty good for a first phone.

Stating that no Windows 7 tablets hit the market in 2010 is not a failure,
    That is just CEO mumbo jumbo, if you want to talk about Stupid company's talk about HP letting go of their AMAZING CEO, this year over $20,000 in expenses..
    +1 Larry Ellison would agree with you. His severance package makes his expenses look like a joke, especially considering what a great CEO he was, and how he separated HP in the Windows PC market.
    12-03-10 12:56 AM
    To be honest the torch is not a flop, its hardware is not as good as i4 or the captivate or other phones with that 1ghz processor. The torch has its own unique features, that people like me looked at and said I like it. RIMS stock shot up 5% which is pretty damn big tbh for a leap anyways. It still has better specs than a 3gs and RIM really has had to play catchup and that's the difference really. OS6 is very good...now the safest OS on the globe, yet another point directed at RIM. It is what it is and everyone that has a torch and =happy yay!!! To all our haters, we hate you too.
    12-03-10 01:07 AM

As predictible.....with a one liner (TWO this time!) and a total lack of thought or analysis....

wank3rs can't manage too much thinking.....
    12-03-10 04:19 AM
    Our troll may be getting help from Matrix Leader coming up with his spin.

12-03-10 06:09 AM
    ROFLMAO...

I can't believe this thread even made it this long without dying out.

I for one am happy with my torch.

Do I wish it could do more? Don't we all wish something we bought could do more then it was designed to do?

I'm with the rest of you on the "lets start a ban tucker" thread. I think the mods around this section of the forum either don't exists, just don't care or are overworked. I got reprimanded for telling someone to use the search function, while people like tucker and matrix are allowed to troll. Pretty sure there's a troll rule on theses forums(if there isn't there needs to be one).

You know there is a "Report Post" button, If we all keep reporting tucker and matrix maybe the mods will do something about them.
    12-03-10 06:33 AM
    guys just let it go already lol, put the guy on ignore if he's THAT much of a bother and move on with life.
    12-03-10 08:02 AM
    Well, here is the thing....

Why is one disrptive troll able to infect an entire forumwith his idiocy? If he engages us and his behaviour is objectionable, he opens himself up to a response.

There is one thing I dislike - allowing the bullies and trolls to disrupt our enjoyment of our environment. Just because you *can* say something doesn't mean that you *should* say whatever pops into your head. This separates us from lower life forms, that filter. And in the absence of respect or consideration the choices are to turn away, which I've done; report to the mods, whiich I've done; challenge him to the point where I myself am banned or he realises how disruptive he is and how little respect we have for him. I use the word "we" because the only people who support him are the little robotic trolls who are all following the same programmatic hard coded behaviour.

His post are so full of hatred and idiocy that they produce the same response aas driving past a car crash, you look. If I were alone in my disgust for his posts, I'd disengage. But there are many of us, so I hope that the sheer amount of posts united against his trolling will have *some* effect.

As I said, a normal person with any amount of self respect would have realised the level of disrespect towards him and would have gone elsewhere. We would nothing of value if he went to play with his little robotic friends.

12-03-10 08:57 AM
    The problem with banning a person is that they can just come back as another identity. Ignore the posts, stop responding. It will do two things: keep the threads from being hijacked. It will elevate the discussion. Responding only feeds the trollers ego. Responding only results in another troll-like response. The end result is that we end up being troll-like. Life is too short to be controlled by others. Remember, "Outside of a dog, reading is man's best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read." That quote has nothing to do with the conversation but my pea brain finds it humorous.
    Culex316 and Reed McLay like this.
    12-03-10 09:41 AM
    I just got my Torch about 2 weeks ago and maybe I don't much about Blackberrys like many of you but I love my Torch and this is coming from a person who had Storm 1 and 2, and I liked those to, I have had my problems with them but that does not mean I hate Blackberry, I like the design of the Torch and so far its cool and as I learn more and more about it maybe I will fall more in love with it or get the next great Blackberry that comes out. All these reviewers have there opinion about what they think is great and what is not, there are enough people in the world that can make up there own minds. Lovin my Torch!!!!!!!!
    12-03-10 10:13 AM
    Wow someone I have never heard of, writing for a website I have never heard of, has a list I couldn't give a toss about. Who cares. It is merely an opinion piece based on nothing, not even half arsed journalism.
    12-03-10 10:45 AM
    Remember, "Outside of a dog, reading is man's best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read." That quote has nothing to do with the conversation but my pea brain finds it humorous.
    I LOVE that quote!!!!!!
    12-03-10 10:54 AM
    ... If I were alone in my disgust for his posts, I'd disengage. But there are many of us, so I hope that the sheer amount of posts united against his trolling will have *some* effect.

As I said, a normal person with any amount of self respect would have realised the level of disrespect towards him and would have gone elsewhere. We would nothing of value if he went to play with his little robotic friends.

As Moderators, we walk a fine line in balancing the forum rules and generating interesting content. This thread is full of informed content, but the toll fight has driven it to the top of our views the past couple days.

Kevin has shared wisdom, all members have a right to express their opinions, somewhere. The somewhere is our job, and it includes the NUL device.

jcp007 likes this.
    12-03-10 11:04 AM
    so heres my take on the validity of that article

1) its just one writers opinions
    2) my torch works perfectly for me, so i dont care what someone else says
    3) the nexus one is a flop too? dont think so
    4) if you dont include the white iPhone4 as a flop of 2010 in a list then your a fool. simple as.
    12-03-10 11:05 AM
    As Moderators, we walk a fine line in balancing the forum rules and generating interesting content. This thread is full of informed content, but the toll fight has driven it to the top of our views the past couple days.

Kevin has shared wisdom, all members have a right to express their opinions, somewhere. The somewhere is our job, and it includes the NUL device.

I know that you guys have a tough job and I appreciate your efforts but a quick review of his posts reveals vile comments with only a sprinkling or rare civil and useful posts. He also post similar comments in the android forum as well. In defense of some of my fellow Crackberrians, there are numerous members who agree that his posts are not helpful.
    12-03-10 11:30 AM
    I hear you, Reed - it's just frustrating. Especially when I'm trying to go against type by trying to keep my anger in check.

By the way, what's an NUL device? nonauthorised user list?!?!?!?!?
    12-03-10 11:35 AM
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or even the one.

We are just frustrated with vile comments detracting from our exchange of ideas and tips by owners with buyers' remorse or who simply hate our purchase decision.
    12-03-10 11:50 AM
133 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD