My torch is DEFINATLEY not a flop. Touchscreen + qwerty kb has just made my nternet and app experience fantastic and my battery life is off the chain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 03:42 PM
    My torch is DEFINATLEY not a flop. Touchscreen + qwerty kb has just made my nternet and app experience fantastic and my battery life is off the chain.

And it's sexy

12-01-10 03:43 PM
    My torch does everything but play awesome games...this is an entry level device to the phones coming..a flop ? That is silly ..best selling blackberry till date ..follow rims announcement and u can see itself...there is only one iphone and like 5 diff bberry models..btw rim will take apple again in sales ..mark my words..prolly as soon as this quarter..don't hate the phone until u own it ..for a 624MHz processor it sures handles better than almost every android except the droid and fascinate...

Southbayreds likes this.
    12-01-10 03:43 PM
    "just another sorta crappy Blackberry" reads like he doesn't think much of ANY blackberry. The problem is that non-blackberry consumers were expecting RIM to totally break out of their style and release some kind of iphone/Android monster. The Torch has to be evaluated in the context of blackberrys. RIM should be applauded for retaining the essence of their traditional style while adding some extras that allow the Torch to compete with modern cell phones. People just don't get it.
    People don't get because Blackberry still hasn't gotten it right? As a poster earlier said they had a Huge Press Conf in NY to announce a device that has old specs and an OS that still needs more? I like BB but they need a phone that will finally catch peoples attention. I loved the Torch at first but the device is too slow compared to what is out there. It is almost 2011 not 2008. I expect Rim to release a good phone with much better specs eventually. Yes though I agree the Torch was pretty much a flop. It is an alright BB but come to think of it I liked my 9700 even better then the Torch. Rim should have released a monster phone but they released the same old stuff.
    12-01-10 03:45 PM
    The Torch is the best BB yet... but there's no denying it lacks in technical terms compared to its competitors. The problem is, most fans of the torch (myself included) don't really care. It does what it does, and does it somewhat well. Although the quality control REALLY did not help them. If every 9800 was as solid as a 9000 when it was put in your hand, it would have fared better. Especially with first-time berriers.
    . Say that. We dnt care. It's just a great phone

12-01-10 03:51 PM
    Part of the roll out merchandising is that the Torch appeals to the business person and the non-business phone-a-phile. After debating seriously over and iPhone 4 and the Torch, I decided the latter was for me. The problem with trying to do everything that people want their cell phones do is that sometimes each target group will have a gripe about what they wish the device did for their particular needs. With that being said, I am very very pleased with the Torch, my first BB phone. I find that it does what it says it will do very well. I have had no problems with the OS6...very stable. And the browsing experience is very positive. So how is the phone a failure? It isn't. As it continues to improve with OS upgrades (and the iPhone has had many of these as well), more and more people will be switching to the Torch from other systems.
    Southbayreds likes this.
    12-01-10 04:02 PM
    Hands down the Torch is the best blackberry of the 5 i have had.
    12-01-10 04:10 PM
    idont understand how they make these lists her bin canada the torch is selling like crazy its not all about the us when are they going to get that through there head ? we will see on tyhre 17th when earnings are released buy rimm i say and remember i said this they shipoped 15.5 million devicers yes i said 15.5 they will beat there earnings estimates no problem remember tumer said it first and there is a reason why i think this will happen . jim and mike seem very confident lately at there appearences and comming back at apple after there comments about passing rimm jim had a few interesting things to say about apples quater and you dont talk like that with out being able to impress. watch you'll see!
    12-01-10 04:28 PM
    It is, without question (in my opinion), the best BlackBerry ever.
    Sorry, but that's not saying much compared to other smartphones on the market.
    12-01-10 04:33 PM
    Are you talking about Mark Hurd? All the articles I read in the Wall Street Journal suggested that it was the sexual assault allegation.
    If you read the entire articles, the allegations were proven to be unfounded and the reason for termination was actually approximately $20,000 in expenses done in error
    12-01-10 04:38 PM
    IMO, the biggest failure of the Torch was tying it to ATT only here in the US. Also, BB users are on different upgrade timelines. The iPhone only releasing once a year matches up nicely with their contracts and pushes mass sales when a new one releases, but most are due for an upgrade at that time. As BB users come into their upgrades, I think it will steadily drive the sales numbers, but there's not going to be a lot of people rushing out to pay full retail. I've got a bunch of VZW users itching for the Torch, and I'll be buying one as soon as they come to T-Mo...
    THIS was what made the Torch Flop or at least under perform in the US, launching in the US on the iPhone exclusive carrier after they offered everyone early iPhone 4 upgrades was a STUPID move by RIM,

in Canada where every major provider offers the Torch it is selling well, and popping up everywhere, some of the smaller regional carriers actually have waiting lists for their GSM networks to be ready for the Torch.

The Torch was Not a flop as a device, the flop was the planning and launch predictions
    12-01-10 04:41 PM
    Considering the hype behind the Torch and the huge joint press conference with AT&T with RIM claiming that this is the best Blackberry ever, I'm not sure how this phone can be considered anything but a flop. Outdated specs, quality control is questionable (at best), and the promise of this new (game changing) OS (OS6) that simply failed to deliver. The Torch was and is, without question, a flop.
    Whether or not you (or anyone else) like the specs of the Torch is not the point of it being called "the best BlackBerry ever. The specs of the Torch in most categories top those of previous BlackBerry devices, therefore RIM/ATT marketing it as "the best BlackBerry ever" when it was released was valid.

Case in point: What BlackBerry had more RAM than the Torch? More ROM? Faster processor? Higher resolution camera? More OS functionality? Higher res screen? (keep in mind this should be compared to BlackBerry devices prior to the official release of the Torch 9800)

He clearly said it's his opinion. Surely he knows the other devices that are currently on the market that you consider to be better than the Torch; but that is just your opinion, just like his opinion is his.

If you read the entire articles, the allegations were proven to be unfounded and the reason for termination was actually approximately $20,000 in expenses done in error
    You are correct. It's been so long I didn't even remember. Besides, the only thing that stuck with me was the sexual harassment allegation. By the way, he resigned after the sexual harassment investigation.
    12-01-10 05:11 PM
    Your opinion is worth as much as mine.

Personally I think the iPhone is a slick/pretty toy and not nearly as good as my Torch.

Unfortunately most people are unable to comprehend that others may actually like something they dislike.
    CASH likes this.
    12-01-10 05:16 PM

You are correct. It's been so long I didn't even remember. Besides, the only thing that stuck with me was the sexual harassment allegation. By the way, he resigned after the sexual harassment investigation.
    Resigned forcibly, you don't fire a CEO who is the best performing CEO a company has ever had, you give them the dignity to resign, and give them a package to leave with.
    12-01-10 05:23 PM
    Resigned forcibly, you don't fire a CEO who is the best performing CEO a company has ever had, you give them the dignity to resign, and give them a package to leave with.
    +1

10 characters
    12-01-10 05:25 PM
    idont understand how they make these lists her bin canada the torch is selling like crazy its not all about the us when are they going to get that through there head ? we will see on tyhre 17th when earnings are released buy rimm i say and remember i said this they shipoped 15.5 million devicers yes i said 15.5 they will beat there earnings estimates no problem remember tumer said it first and there is a reason why i think this will happen . jim and mike seem very confident lately at there appearences and comming back at apple after there comments about passing rimm jim had a few interesting things to say about apples quater and you dont talk like that with out being able to impress. watch you'll see!
    did you completely skip all writing lessons in school?

back on point

Like mentioned, this device was suppose to put RIM back in the game and so for i do not think it came close to that. OS6 seems to be just a gateway OS before the QNX devices hit. I do consider it a flop, probably worse than the storm 2. If you look at pure sales numbers i even bet the storm 1 sold better.

We, as CBers, look at things in a different light than those of the general public. We expect more from a device than 2008/09 hardware because we know there is much better than what they gave us. I am actually shocked as many people on here are as satisfied. I have only spent a hour or so playing at a store with it but it certainly wasnt a huge leap up from my storm 2 that i would rave about and be satisfied with.
    12-01-10 05:28 PM
    did you completely skip all writing lessons in school?

back on point

Like mentioned, this device was suppose to put RIM back in the game and so for i do not think it came close to that. OS6 seems to be just a gateway OS before the QNX devices hit. I do consider it a flop, probably worse than the storm 2. If you look at pure sales numbers i even bet the storm 1 sold better.

We, as CBers, look at things in a different light than those of the general public. We expect more from a device than 2008/09 hardware because we know there is much better than what they gave us. I am actually shocked as many people on here are as satisfied. I have only spent a hour or so playing at a store with it but it certainly wasnt a huge leap up from my storm 2 that i would rave about and be satisfied with.

It heavily depends on your needs as to what makes the Torch so great, my Needs are a full portrait keyboard easy image navigation and zooming, Camera with a flash, BBM, email handling, and contact management.

the Torch is the best phone on the market for this, even if you removed BBM from my list of needs still no phone was as good as this phone, the touch screen is great for image navigation and scrolling through excel, but that is all I am using it for.
    logcutter likes this.
    12-01-10 05:36 PM
    If you dont like they way the phone stacks up against other smartphones then by all means dont get the torch. Obviously the way one user judges what is useful and must have is not the same as other users. Im glad for you that you do realize you know what phone you like and do not like, but dont think youre going convince me i should not like the torch based off of your or anyone elses opinions.

The phone is a great Blackberry. If i wanted a phone better than an iphone id buy the damn iphone. The torch is a Blackberry first. It surpases communication better than most smartphones, including the new great iphone. It handles things on the business side first and does not present itself as competition to the new droids or iphones.

Why would motorola produce a similar model to the torch geared torwards business, if as you present it, being such a bad device. The only people who the device let down are the users who wanted the iphone or android but wanted to be different and choose blackberry
    instead. If rim is profiting from this device then it is a success. Bottom line they made money who cares and go get the phone for your lifestyle.

Blacklatino likes this.
    12-01-10 05:40 PM
    Like mentioned, this device was suppose to put RIM back in the game and so for i do not think it came close to that. OS6 seems to be just a gateway OS before the QNX devices hit.
    Put RIM back in the game? Said who?

Even if OS 6 is just something RIM put out to hold us (maybe them as well) over until the QNX smartphone OS is ready... So what? I'd rather release crap that will sell than take a hiatus and try to come back a year or 2 later.

If you dont like they way the phone stacks up against other smartphones then by all means dont get the torch. Obviously the way one user judges what is useful and must have is not the same as other users. Im glad for you that you do realize you know what phone you like and do not like, but dont think youre going convince me i should not like the torch based off of your or anyone elses opinions.

The phone is a great Blackberry. If i wanted a phone better than an iphone id buy the damn iphone. The torch is a Blackberry first. It surpases communication better than most smartphones, including the new great iphone. It handles things on the business side first and does not present itself as competition to the new droids or iphones.

Why would motorola produce a similar model to the torch geared torwards business, if as you present it, being such a bad device. The only people who the device let down are the users who wanted the iphone or android but wanted to be different and choose blackberry
    instead. If rim is profiting from this device then it is a success. Bottom line they made money who cares and go get the phone for your lifestyle.

+1 times a million
    12-01-10 05:54 PM
    It heavily depends on your needs as to what makes the Torch so great, my Needs are a full portrait keyboard easy image navigation and zooming, Camera with a flash, BBM, email handling, and contact management.

the Torch is the best phone on the market for this, even if you removed BBM from my list of needs still no phone was as good as this phone, the touch screen is great for image navigation and scrolling through excel, but that is all I am using it for.
    I totally agree, your needs are the most important thing when buying a smartphone.
    12-01-10 06:10 PM
    i wonder why thee iphone 4 isnt on that list? hmmm....
    12-01-10 09:44 PM
    Torch a flop? Yah, whatever.
    Guys, we've heard this crap before and should come as no surprise now. Just makes me enjoy my Torch even more.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    12-01-10 10:40 PM
    Saying the Torch is one of the flops of the year because of a crappy OS in my opinion is a stretch..I actually think Torch is the best smartphone in the market in term of OS. I have used iphone 4G and android phone..despite their fanciness I spent more time on the Torch. Iphone is fantastically constructed, the OS's touch interface is unmatched, the applications available is amazing and the web browisng is amazing but its virtues stop there and go no further. Its multitasking is a joke and as a social and communication tool it is lacking. It is just a nice device to play and to surf web..Torch doesn't have the sexiness and wonderful construction quality of iphone but as a communication tool its multitasking capabilties is simply unrivalled.

12-01-10 11:09 PM
    No. What is, was and always will be a flop is you and your constant trolling.
    If you are this dissatisfied do yourself and all of us a favor and just go away.

Oh wait, I have an ignore list. There I never have to read anything this
    pitiful moron types from here on out
    Bahhahaha too funny, and for the record to all the haters, I love my Torch and I am verry happy with it! Could it have been "better"? For me, yes. Is it better then my 9700? Without a doubt.

To all the trolls, you really are easy to spot
    12-01-10 11:53 PM
    IMO, the biggest failure of the Torch was tying it to ATT only here in the US. Also, BB users are on different upgrade timelines. The iPhone only releasing once a year matches up nicely with their contracts and pushes mass sales when a new one releases, but most are due for an upgrade at that time. As BB users come into their upgrades, I think it will steadily drive the sales numbers, but there's not going to be a lot of people rushing out to pay full retail. I've got a bunch of VZW users itching for the Torch, and I'll be buying one as soon as they come to T-Mo...
    Agreed, as soon as this phone is available on other carriers its sales number will take off. I wouldnt necessarily say it competes with the iphone spec wise, but it is by no means a flop.
    12-01-10 11:58 PM
133 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD