Not sure if my 9800 is deffective but I find the external speaker to be really really LOW . I was wondering if this is a known prb with the torch or is it just my phone.

When comparing to my old 8900 its almost as the volume is @ 25% and the torch is to the max.

Any help/feedback would be appreciate before I bring it in to check.

Thanks
    L.C
    12-18-10 12:11 PM
    I was worried out this before I got mine, but to date I haven't had a issue (I moved from a 9700). It volume has been fine. But my "internal" volume could be a little loader!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 12:15 PM
    Try doing a battery pull. I had an issue before where my sound was fine but overtime it began to sound more mono and muffled.. I did a battery pull and the sound was back to normal. So I hope it helps!

12-18-10 12:23 PM
    thxs but I actually tested the speaker phone on another Torch and I found the sound to be just as low ...Perhaps this is a Torch issue/or just the way its been built.

Im really surprised no one else noticed or complained about it ..
    12-19-10 04:13 PM
    Boy, I sure miss the loud Storm 9530 speaker. It had to be the best or loudest.
    12-20-10 09:11 PM
    What is ur OS version? Try upgrading to 337

12-20-10 09:21 PM
    I agree. Compared to my 9700 this Torch speaker is pretty low.

12-20-10 09:23 PM
    the sound on my torch is so low that I can't even hear it ring... it sucks, what a waste of money!!
    thxs but I actually tested the speaker phone on another Torch and I found the sound to be just as low ...Perhaps this is a Torch issue/or just the way its been built.

Im really surprised no one else noticed or complained about it ..
    12-27-10 09:25 PM
    Are you sure your not deaf?

12-27-10 09:37 PM
    I found the same problem!
    Bought new Torch a couple days ago and that is the first thing I noticed.
    The ringer & alert volume was noticeably lower than my old Tour.
    Even with volume set to '10' it compares to around '6' or '7' on my Tour.
    01-28-11 04:19 PM
    I completely agree regarding the volume of ring tones and alerts, even the vibrate function is barely noticeable in my work attire. Very frustrating coming from a Bold 9000 which was perfect when it came to volume; it could either be extremely loud, barely noticeable, or somewhere in between. If I didn't love absolutely everything else about this device I'd be inclined to grow overly upset about it.

01-28-11 07:53 PM
    Are you sure your not deaf?

Right?

01-28-11 08:00 PM
    I'm having speaker problems as well. My issue is a bit different though. If I'm checking my voicemail for instance. When I call my voicemail the speaker volume is fine. As soon as I touch the screen to enter my password, the volume level drops so low that I can't make out the message. Same goes for voice calling if I slide the screen shut after dialing. I have tried adjusting the setting in options with no results.

Also I agree that overall the volume is poor compared to the Tour and the Curve 8330 I had before the Torch. Before that I had a Treo with poor volume. However, there was an app to fix the volume level on Palm devices.

01-29-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD