Hey!

I switched from 9700 to the Torch last week, looked good the first few days but now it keeps on freezing everytime I switch a bbmchat or go to another application... It goes very slow and it doesn't react quite well..
    I'm a Mac user, and when I connect it to the DM it says that there's no software available for the phone lol... So basically I can't re-install the OS either.. Am I screwed or can anyone help me out?

Greetz!
    01-07-11 03:50 PM
    Just curious, what's the current OS you are using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 04:09 PM
    The 6.0, really don't get it :s
    01-07-11 04:11 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? Also, there are themes and apps that sometimes dont run well on your device, this will make it lag and slow down.
    01-07-11 04:17 PM
    Yes I think I already did a battery pull for like 10times, it's crazy! Im trying to wipe the phone right now and start from scratch again.. This sucks, 600 dollars for nothing
    01-07-11 04:20 PM
    Luxe...
    Use google to find VMware for Mac, then Find a good copy of XP, I'm sure you have one laying around. Then you can load any applicable OS you would like.. I'd almost bet you just need a fresh OS loaded.
    01-07-11 04:31 PM
    On your BB, press ALT + SHIFT + H key

then tell us the app version
    01-07-11 04:36 PM
    Woah... Really, I have no XP copy's here.
    Thx for your help. My phone is almost done wiping everything, if it doesn't get better then then Im just going to sell the Torch and buy the 9780 I think.
    01-07-11 04:36 PM
    600 euro voor de torch? heb je hm los gekocht? hoop dat een nieuwe OS je zal helpen
    01-07-11 04:45 PM
    @ Matrix Leader: 6.0.0.337 (1165)

@ escapoeira 550 euro, ja man! Koppelverkoop is in BE verboden he, alle toestellen moet je hier apart kopen met alle gevolgen van dien! UGH
    01-07-11 04:56 PM

@ escapoeira 550 euro, ja man! Koppelverkoop is in BE verboden he, alle toestellen moet je hier apart kopen met alle gevolgen van dien! UGH
    DAMN that sux! werkt ie al goed?
    01-07-11 04:58 PM
    darn....that is the best build currently...dunno what to tell u...
    take the phone back and get a 9780 Stable, nice phsyical keyboard, better battery
    01-07-11 05:01 PM
    I just wiped it.. Looks like its working right now.. It doesn't show the timer every second anymore so thats good.. Might just wait and see after this weekend if Im gonna keep it or not. Thx for ur help peoples :-)
    01-07-11 05:02 PM
    @Matrix Leader yea.. I think Im gonna get the 9780... Its just a waste of the money!
    01-07-11 05:03 PM
    You should be able to sell your Torch for close to what you paid for it. Yeah, you might loose some, but the 9780 is the way for me! I have the Torch now and absolutely hate the creaking when you use the keyboard.
    01-07-11 05:22 PM
    Luxe...
    Use google to find VMware for Mac, then Find a good copy of XP, I'm sure you have one laying around. Then you can load any applicable OS you would like.. I'd almost bet you just need a fresh OS loaded.
    Vmware has problem upgrading bb via apploader. Use the bootcamp instead.

01-07-11 05:30 PM
    Tips that I live by with this Torch... The wipe is a good step... I suggest formatting your media card and built in storage. Make sure you keep the device with as much memory as possible. Meaning, music and pictures all saved on the memory card not the phone... Also, download this app called "Memory Up Personal"... It's free and it defrags the phone keeping it running nice and smooth...
    01-07-11 05:35 PM
    @escobar thx alot! I'll download the app! :-)
    01-07-11 05:46 PM
    torch user for a month and a half phone has begun freezing up, keyboard or touch sceen in-operative as if the screen lock is on(its not), then it comes to life dialing calls from the call menu and u cant stop the call without a battery pull. The phone also drops calls regularly, the mute feature turns on without touching either mute button. Good news is the battery pull helps as the phone stabilize and im starting to like the black screensaver. Os 246 at &t ..ps the phone dropped calls from day one
    01-07-11 07:33 PM
    torch user for a month and a half phone has begun freezing up, keyboard or touch sceen in-operative as if the screen lock is on(its not), then it comes to life dialing calls from the call menu and u cant stop the call without a battery pull. The phone also drops calls regularly, the mute feature turns on without touching either mute button. Good news is the battery pull helps as the phone stabilize and im starting to like the black screensaver. Os 246 at &t ..ps the phone dropped calls from day one
    That's a very sad experience.

Take it back IMO
    01-08-11 02:11 AM
    Yes it is. It almost sounds like a cutover to the Torch was done using the Device Switch Wizard and some out of date settings came accross or incompatiable apps. We hope things get better after the security wipe and device rebuild.

Now with those tools for clearing memory, you should see the first few times you use them several MB of space get recovered. After that the memory / space that is recovered "should" be minimal and decrease over time. Unless you clear the cache in an app (or have one set to do so within that app's options) or delete a large amount of emails etc, that should be what you see. If that does not happen there is an app with a memory leak. No different than how Windows works in that reguard.

In my experience this is how they work.

Good luck and please report back. Please also list what apps you are running.

FTR, 337 is a good load but currently the BDHP v5 hybrid beats it with a 337 base.

01-08-11 03:06 AM
    I haven't had any of these issues with my Torch, it has always been very fast, swithches from browser to txt to BBM very smoothely. Very sorry to hear about your issues, it really is an amazing device.

01-08-11 05:47 AM
    I haven't seen anyone mention this yet either, but how many apps are you running in the background? Press the BB button... Then "switch application". I try not to have more than 6-7 running in the back at a given time. Not sure if you tried this already... Just a thought.

01-08-11 09:26 AM
    My Torch seems to be working right now.. Its not showing the little timer anymore when I change an app or a chat. @Xstuntman, have u tried to wipe it?

01-08-11 03:15 PM
    The only time that I had similar problems was when I first got it and did a device switch from a Bold 9000. Once I wiped it and reinstalled the OS it was fine. I then did a selective restore and only restored messages, contacts, and calendar entires. No problem since. As shansmi posted, some app settings can cause problems when switching from an older device.
    01-08-11 03:27 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD