I just spent 2 hours with the Telus technical support rep and he was unable to solve my problem so just wondering if I'll get better luck on here. Basically half of my data is not working on my phone. I'm able to do internet browsing, email, sms, and all that with the 3G data but when it comes to any of my apps there is no data connection (ie. weather, facebook, twitter, sport apps, RSS feeds, etc). Nothing is loading and it's saying there is no data connection.

It was working perfectly fine this morning/afternoon. I put the Torch on my desk when I got back home, left it there, and when I came back to grab it all the app connectivity just stopped working. The tech rep said this seems to be a hardware issue and I may need to get a replacement for it so I have to call the store back when they are open. The problem is just so weird. If anyone here is able to diagnose/fix the problem that would be AMAZING!
    Last edited by jaxterz; 11-20-10 at 04:14 PM.
    11-20-10 04:10 PM
    It may sound stupid, but have you tried pulling the battery and leaving it out for at least 30 seconds? Also if you go to:

Manage connections > service status

Does it say you have BIS connectivity?
    11-20-10 04:13 PM
    Under BIS it says Connection: Mobile Network. As for the battery pulls, I've done it like 4 times already with no luck however I didn't wait 30 secs or anything. I'll give that a try but won't be holding my breath.
    11-20-10 04:18 PM
    Normally apps that require BIS will nto work if theres no BIS connection, but things like the browser will work. Odd problem, and one i have not come across until now. Perhaps it is a hardware problem. Just weird cause if you have phone functions and some data is being used(internet, and email) anything internal is working just fine.
    11-20-10 04:21 PM
    Waited like a min after the battery pull and still doesn't work. =(

The rep on the phone was walking me through to re-install the software. But I get error messages in that as well. When I go to update my software, the part after it asks me to back up my files I get the error message of my wifi music sync couldn't be backed up cause of certain files missing and then it closes the program after. I don't even have wifi music sync turned on... I'm also not able to download any apps from app world. I get "There was a problem during installation. Please try again. BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Sever. Verify your network connections and try again."
    11-20-10 04:45 PM
    If it was me and I was within my 30 day return policy, I wouldn't hesitate to take it back. Why bother with all the headaches? Sounds to me after you explained it a bit that there is for sure hardware issue with your device.

Only other thing you could try, do a complete backup via DM(or selective backup, depending on whats on your device. Personally I only backup my contacts since some backups add the same bug back to your device.), then completely wipe the device to a 507 screen(means no OS loaded) with bbsak.

Then use app loader.exe in the app loader folder(C:\program files\common files\research in motion) to reload the OS. If your still having problems by all means take it back.
    11-20-10 04:52 PM
    The rep said I'm still under warranty so I would get a new one if the problem continues as he left a big note on my profile of my issues. I'm just hoping maybe it'll fix itself over night or something... lol.

But I guess maybe something good that could come out of this is possibly I can get get a new white or red Torch. Just sucks though cause everything on my Torch has been running perfectly ever since today. Bah.
    11-20-10 05:05 PM
    Like I said, as a last resort(cause everyone hates doing the wipe/upgrade procedure) is to completely wipe the device with bbsak and reload the OS using app loader and not desktop manager(FYI you should never use that for OS upgrades).

If your not confident in doing that then by all means take it back.
    11-20-10 05:15 PM
    I'm with bell, and i'm having the exact same problem right now the browser works, but other apps like berryweather, berryreader, and score mobile are timing out.
    11-20-10 05:27 PM
    I'm with bell, and i'm having the exact same problem right now the browser works, but other apps like berryweather, berryreader, and score mobile are timing out.
    hmm. well i'm glad i'm not the only one then. Are you just waiting it out?
    11-20-10 05:35 PM
    Like you i've been doing the resets, uninstaliing and reinstalling my apps but when i saw this post i figured it must be a network problem so for now i'm just going to wait it out.
    11-20-10 05:41 PM
    I experienced a similar problem with a handfull of 3rd party apps not connecting, but "core" apps were unaffected. I recalled reading somewhere that many 3rd party apps required APN being enabled. I enabled APN and everything is now good.

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP. Enable APN settings and authentication. Add setting > bb.telus.com. Battery pull. Done.

Might be worth a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 07:29 PM
    I experienced a similar problem with a handfull of 3rd party apps not connecting, but "core" apps were unaffected. I recalled reading somewhere that many 3rd party apps required APN being enabled. I enabled APN and everything is now good.

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP. Enable APN settings and authentication. Add setting > bb.telus.com. Battery pull. Done.

Might be worth a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea, my APN have always been enabled and still is. Weird thing is my weather, twitter, and socialscope app started to update again for a very brief moment. It was very slow but it updated. So I thought I would do a battery pull to make it go smoother and now I'm back at square one and nothing updates at all. UGH.
    11-20-10 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD