In a commercial I just saw on tv, the user says, "moby ****" and the phone automatically types it in and finds it on the web. Either blackberry is trying to pull a fast one or my torch is missing that function.

according to all the documentation, all you're able to do by voice is call, check battery, signal strength and end a call. What gives?
    11-27-10 08:50 PM
    In a commercial I just saw on tv, the user says, "moby ****" and the phone automatically types it in and finds it on the web. Either blackberry is trying to pull a fast one or my torch is missing that function.

according to all the documentation, all you're able to do by voice is call, check battery, signal strength and end a call. What gives?
    This would be on apps like Vlingo, you can get through Blackberry App World. Free version doesn't do alot but the full version is $20
    11-27-10 08:51 PM
    It's an app pushed to your device from AT&T called AT&T maps and nav. I believe it costs 9.99$ a month for a subscription(I could be wrong on the price, but i know its a payed subscription) There is another thread around here asking the same exact question. lol
    11-27-10 08:53 PM
    Thanks aznlgcy, will keep it in mind. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a feature

This would be on apps like Vlingo, you can get through Blackberry App World. Free version doesn't do alot but the full version is $20
    11-27-10 09:05 PM
    Thanks Homer, I use bbmaps for free. just thought I was missing some feature but as aznlgcy said I can get the speech feature from the vlingo app.

It's an app pushed to your device from AT&T called AT&T maps and nav. I believe it costs 9.99$ a month for a subscription(I could be wrong on the price, but i know its a payed subscription) There is another thread around here asking the same exact question. lol
    11-27-10 09:08 PM
    You can do that on the Google Mobile App all day long for free. Works really well.
    11-27-10 10:19 PM
    you can get it on the google app.. i have it for my torch
    11-28-10 01:27 AM

The app featured on the commercial is AT&T Navigator. If you're on AT&T it's pushed to your device and after a 30 day free trial it will cost you $9.99/month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD