Bold 9000 genius. THE Original bold. Everyone but you knew that.

And does anyone really consider the 9700 and it's variants a Bold? It's an insult to the real bold. Glorified javelins with the bold kb is all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xandermac; 08-31-10 at 06:50 PM.
    08-31-10 06:46 PM
    Bold 9000 genius. THE Original bold. Everyone but you knew that.

And does anyone really consider the 9700 and it's variants a Bold? It's an insult to the real bold. Glorified javelins with the bold kb is all.

okay then what would u like us to call the 9650 and the 9700
    08-31-10 06:54 PM
    Glorified Javelins. Exact same specs with a dab more memory and a trackpad. Hardly as innovative as the BOLD. RIM messed up with their naming convention there if you ask me. The bold should have been a stand out line, not a chain of copycat devices.

Regardless, THE Bold didn't leave AT&T and I don't think the torch will either. There will obviously be other devices for the other carriers.

Last edited by xandermac; 08-31-10 at 07:06 PM.
    08-31-10 06:56 PM
    If you are on VZW and want the Torch, switch to AT&T.
    08-31-10 08:45 PM
    my friends dad works for verizon. he says that verizon indeed gets the torch 6 months after at&t. so for anyone wanting the torch, i suggest to wait.
    I highly doubt that to be the case.
    RIM developed the Torch together with AT&T for over 18 months! There is no chance they would have invested all that time for a 6 month exclusivity.

Considering they built the device together I would think more than likely that the Torch never leaves AT&T in the US.
    08-31-10 09:20 PM
    Not to mention that Verizon always gets their own cdma model phones. They didn't get the bold, they got the tour, then renamed it the bold, different devices to the gsm carriers. No, they won't get the torch, they'll get their own device. Verizon like exclusivity too. They'll want something special.

I highly doubt that to be the case.
    RIM developed the Torch together with AT&T for over 18 months! There is no chance they would have invested all that time for a 6 month exclusivity.

Considering they built the device together I would think more than likely that the Torch never leaves AT&T in the US.
    08-31-10 09:24 PM
    Did i miss the Storm and Storm 2 debuting with AT&T?
    there's your answer..
    08-31-10 09:26 PM
    Storm 3 will be Verizons first 4G/LTE phone..which will come out this winter.
    08-31-10 11:08 PM
    Maybe someone can answer this for me. How do cdma smartphone users deal with the lack of data during a call? Everytime someone brings up the iPhone/Hot Android Device/New BB coming to verizon from ATT/TMo I feel like I wouldn't be happy with the same device without simultanious data.

08-31-10 11:49 PM
    I agree verizon most probably won't b seeing the torch anytime soon they willl have to pay both rim and at&t...I think vzw is looking at a storm 3 instead of a torch

09-01-10 02:15 AM
    When I changed carriers I considered Verizon. I went into the store and asked to see the 9650 and the rep brought out an 8330. Point of the story is most reps are there to collect a paycheck.

My God, what is wrong with working to collect a paycheck? Do you want them to bow down and kiss your ring?

punk.
    09-03-10 01:19 AM
    If VZW sticks with the storm and a full screen touch device I will switch to the android. My discount is to great to leave vzw over other carriers over a phone.

While I am dissapointed in VZW you would think that the phone manufacturers would want to place their product accross all carriers to ensure that they get full market exposure.

Just when RIM puts out a product that is comparable to the android and Iphone they take yet another step back with (IMO) terrible market placement.
    09-03-10 03:06 AM
    I heard the same thing from the Verizon store that they will get a BB torch but will probably be name something different. I hope they get one. I am so excited about having a the keyboard and touch screen on a BB.
    Last edited by babrdh; 09-15-10 at 11:54 PM.
    09-15-10 11:49 PM
    RIM partnered with AT&T because the carrier sells more BB than any other carrier. Once again, VZW will most likely get the S3 and not the Torch. Big Red has made their bets with android devices and moved away from RIM.

09-16-10 06:17 AM
    Maybe someone can answer this for me. How do cdma smartphone users deal with the lack of data during a call? Everytime someone brings up the iPhone/Hot Android Device/New BB coming to verizon from ATT/TMo I feel like I wouldn't be happy with the same device without simultanious data.

Hummmm............. I guess being able to talk to someone for a couple minutes and surf etc. at the same isn't important to some of us. Also some people can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Would it be nice, possibly. Is it a big factor in my decision when choosing a carrier that works where I live....no.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 09-16-10 at 07:57 AM. Reason: typo
    09-16-10 07:56 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the first sightings of the Torch one with a Sprint logo? It was said to have some complication that didn't pass standards. This would stand to reason that a CDMA version could be possible sometime in the future. After getting the Torch for the CB Idol finals, I have to say it's a fun device to use. I'd love it if Sprint actually got one of these so I could use it on my Everything plan. AT&T charges are outrageous.
    09-16-10 09:48 AM
    There was an article written several months back about how RIM builds the radios in its phones. Apparently, they have gotten to a point that it can be programmed to any carrier GSM or CDMA until the radio and rom are flashed on to it. This was especially useful in controlling costs in phone builds. So, technically, it's exclusivity contracts and carrier choices that limit availabitility of their phones on some networks.

I'm hazily recalling something I read and some technical details may vary from what I'm saying but this was the gist of the article. If someone knows where to find it and can post it, would be better then my vague recollection.
    09-16-10 11:47 AM
    It is clearer every day that AT&T will be the only US carrier. Why not TMO? They are on GSM albeit slightly different bands. With UMA, I would have thought they were more likely. The S3 will probably be a big improvement as Storms go but if you want the QWERTY keyboard, then most likely AT&T is your choice.
    09-16-10 02:25 PM
    I saw a recent verizon commercial with a torch like device at the end of it...I am looking online for a copy of the commercial to post..

I think it was at the end of the lg ally buy one get one commercial...
    Last edited by starmburst1; 09-16-10 at 03:40 PM.
    09-16-10 03:31 PM
    Hummmm............. I guess being able to talk to someone for a couple minutes and surf etc. at the same isn't important to some of us. Also some people can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Would it be nice, possibly. Is it a big factor in my decision when choosing a carrier that works where I live....no.
    True, but wouldn't it be useful to be tethered to your laptop and still be able to make calls?
    09-16-10 04:52 PM
    It is more likely that VZW will get the 9780 and S3. The Torch was developed over an 18 month period with AT&T. RIM partnered with AT&T because they sell more RIM devices that any other carrier. The 9000 never left AT&T and it appears that the Torch will not leave AT&T, at least this model number.
    09-16-10 05:44 PM
    I wonder how many other Verizon blackberry users are so frustrated with the currently pitiful web browsing, app access, etc. that they are considering bolting to a "Droid" phone as soon as it has all the kinks worked out on corporate e-mail? My wife and son are currently using Droids and all of the web access features are light years ahead of Verizon-available BBs. Too bad.
    09-21-10 09:14 AM
    ^ i ATT pushes Iphone and Blackberry to its Subscribers..
    Verizon pushes Droids
    think and look back at all their ads
    09-21-10 09:51 AM
    I saw a recent verizon commercial with a torch like device at the end of it...I am looking online for a copy of the commercial to post..

I think it was at the end of the lg ally buy one get one commercial...
    I also saw a verizon commercial during the Fins vs Jets tonight that clearly showed a slide out touch screen blackberry that most likely was a Torch or variant. I have been unable to find the commercial online.

I want OS 6!
    09-26-10 09:10 PM
    I also saw a verizon commercial during the Fins vs Jets tonight that clearly showed a slide out touch screen blackberry that most likely was a Torch or variant. I have been unable to find the commercial online.

I want OS 6!
    i am thinking the commercial is for the droid 2 it has a slide out keyboard...i highly doubt verizon will fork money out for the torch they have development in future storm devices...they may make a slide out storm device in the future but no rumors have been heard yet.
    09-26-10 09:18 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD