i am thinking the commercial is for the droid 2 it has a slide out keyboard...i highly doubt verizon will fork money out for the torch they have development in future storm devices...they may make a slide out storm device in the future but no rumors have been heard yet.
    It is a commercial for the samsung captivate or whatever. I just saw it, they have a deal that if you buy the captivate you get ANY phone free. In the end it shows a bunch of phones spinning and one of the last two is a phone similar to the torch, but it is not a blackberry.... Sorry guys

Sorry I believe it is the fascinate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Thanontos; 09-26-10 at 09:26 PM.
    09-26-10 09:22 PM
    I talked to a verizon rep yesterday and asked him about the torch. He's a blackberry user too and told me that not only is verizon getting the torch but that its going to be released on Black Friday and that in early november verizon is rolling out a brand new 4g gsn network that they've been working on for a while now that supposed to be faster than fios.

09-28-10 04:22 PM
    The reps know even less than the general public about the release date. That would make the exclusivity a little over 3 months. Realistically, if it ever happens, it will be next spring at the earliest. It really doesn't make much sense unless the VZW version of the Torch is the Storm 3 which is not GSM. With the emphasis on droid devices, it would not make any sense to have the Torch and the Storm 3 as VZW is moving away from RIM devices.
    09-28-10 04:54 PM
    It is more likely that VZW will get the 9780 and S3. The Torch was developed over an 18 month period with AT&T. RIM partnered with AT&T because they sell more RIM devices that any other carrier. The 9000 never left AT&T and it appears that the Torch will not leave AT&T, at least this model number.
    The 9780 is GSM, not CDMA, therefore will not be available of Verizon. The S3 will most likely hit VZW. As far as the Torch goes, it is now available on most Canadian carriers and other carriers overseas like India, Hong Kong, and others. The Torch may come to Verizon, but I am not sure.
    10-16-10 10:32 PM
    Why would a GSM phone devloped in partnership with AT&T ever make its way to VZW? It is more likely that a CDMA version of the 9780. The S3 seems to have been abandoned for now.

10-16-10 11:30 PM
    CDMA version of the 9780 is basically already out there, it's call the 9650. Specs of the 9780 are basically the same as the 9650. The camera on the 9780 is better at 5MP versus the 9650's camera at 3.2 MP. The report from the Jefferies analyst gives me hope about the Storm 3, but who knows. A Storm that looks like the Torch minus the keyboard would be a good seller IMO.
    10-16-10 11:35 PM
    http://m.youtube.com/my_videos?gl=CA...v-google&hl=en

10-17-10 07:40 AM
    http://m.youtube.com/my_videos?gl=CA...v-google&hl=en

That is an invalid url. If anyone clicks that DO NOT sign in when prompted

10-17-10 11:47 AM
    I talked to a verizon rep yesterday and asked him about the torch. He's a blackberry user too and told me that not only is verizon getting the torch but that its going to be released on Black Friday and that in early november verizon is rolling out a brand new 4g gsn network that they've been working on for a while now that supposed to be faster than fios.

Hmmm..Black Friday??? Wasn't that 3 days ago?

I can't be the only one enjoying all these people who claim to be "in the know"... OOOH my DAD works for Verizon and HE SAID... or My roommate works for Verizon and HE SAID...

So funny - so great. What would we all do without the ever-vocal Blackberry B.S. community.
    11-28-10 09:25 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD