I was at the store today having my BB checked out and they had to swap it out for me . Anyway during the conversation they told me they are getting the Torch. Don't know the date but definitely getting it
    I believe them. Don't think it is a rumor.

Good for those who want it !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 12:14 AM
    Hmmmm. From my experience, the people at the store aren't given info like this, this far ahead of a release. A CDMA version isn't even rumored to be in the making.

Who knows though.
    08-10-10 12:30 AM
    I haven't heard anything about this. I agree the salespeople at the stores are usually the last know what phones are coming out. Most of the time they only know a few days before a release.

08-10-10 01:22 AM
    I think Verizon's flagship BlackBerry device will probably be the Storm3 (not the Storm2 Refresh) with a rumored 1Ghz processor. I predict early 2011.
    08-10-10 01:29 AM
    I think Verizon's flagship BlackBerry device will probably be the Storm3 (not the Storm2 Refresh) with a rumored 1Ghz processor. I predict early 2011.
    That would be very disappointing. I hate full touch screen phones.
    08-10-10 08:36 AM
    I was at the store today having my BB checked out and they had to swap it out for me . Anyway during the conversation they told me they are getting the Torch. Don't know the date but definitely getting it
    I believe them. Don't think it is a rumor.

Good for those who want it !

Yeh. I think he was gasing you up. The torch looks like its a gsm exclusive. Vzw going to ride out with the storm 2 and the bold. Their next BB looks to be the storm 3. By the way anybody know why the storm 2 cost more than the bold? The bold is clearly the better phone.
    08-10-10 08:52 AM
    Moving to the Torch Forum

There is no evidence to suggest that Verizon is getting the Torch.

EDIT: I added some questionmarks to the title also.
    08-10-10 08:55 AM
    Historically Verizon reps haven't a clue as to what they're talking about.

I'd take this with a grain of NaCl.
    08-10-10 09:06 AM
    I think its only reasonable to assume that cdma carriers will have a device similar to the torch, but I don't think it will be the same device or device name.

08-10-10 09:08 AM
    haven't heard this, but Verizon is getting the Iphone in January 2011.
    08-10-10 09:18 AM
    haven't heard this, but Verizon is getting the Iphone in January 2011.
    That's also a rumor.
    08-10-10 09:25 AM
    That's also a rumor.
    No, that's not a rumor. Just seen it on CNN. Verizon IS getting the iphone in January 2011.
    08-10-10 09:40 AM
    That's also a rumor.
    actually its not anymore, its a fact now Verizon will be getting the Iphone in January. Apple just got done buying Millions of CDMA chips for the Iphone for Verizon. I dont care though as i wont be buying the Iphone as I'm a crackberry guy

as far as the 9800 for Verizon, no way. Its a GSM phone
    08-10-10 09:44 AM
    actually its not anymore, its a fact now Verizon will be getting the Iphone in January. Apple just got done buying Millions of CDMA chips for the Iphone for Verizon. I dont care though as i wont be buying the Iphone as I'm a crackberry guy

as far as the 9800 for Verizon, no way. Its a GSM phone
    Yup, that still counts as a rumor. Granted that coupled with AT&T's recent SEC filing are far more credible than past rumors, it's still not confirmed...besides Verizon isn't the only CDMA carrier in America.
    08-10-10 09:52 AM
    Talked to my buddy who is a verizon rep and he had heard nothing. But did project that Verizon would start getting os6 for the 9650 around October.

08-10-10 07:18 PM
    my friends dad works for verizon. he says that verizon indeed gets the torch 6 months after at&t. so for anyone wanting the torch, i suggest to wait.
    08-10-10 09:20 PM
    Everything is all rumors right now. No one knows anything, especially those working at a vzw store.
    08-10-10 09:34 PM
    Verizons line up for the rest of the year is the iphone 4g and a ton of android devices I think you will see less Blackberrys at the big red! Its a shame what bb is doing to existing customers not getting OS 6.0 on most devices and then they launch the first 6.0 device with one carrier whats up with that? I am not trying to bash but think about it Rim is not cutting it anymore!
    08-10-10 10:34 PM
    I finally had a chance to use a friend's Torch this morning and it is a nice phone and, if it were to come to VZW, I would consider getting it. But I really like my Storm 2 and would rather have x 1Ghz processor on a Storm 3 than a Torch.

08-28-10 02:17 PM
    The Iphone IS still a rumor. No word anywhere, granted they usually put trainings out for phones like 3 or 4 days after they come out. As far as reps being the last to know, that's why there are many who are on here and android central for info on new phones so we can stay informed.
    08-28-10 02:22 PM
    When I changed carriers I considered Verizon. I went into the store and asked to see the 9650 and the rep brought out an 8330. Point of the story is most reps are there to collect a paycheck.

08-28-10 02:25 PM
    RIM chose AT&T because they sell more BB than any other carrier. VZW has made a strategic decision to go with android devices and away from RIM. The S3 is likely the only touchscreen BB with no physical keyboard.

08-28-10 03:52 PM
    I'm more interested in having O.S. 6 on any touch screen blackberry. I do like the Torch but it would have been sweeter(IMO) if it slid the other way.(wider keyboard). Verizon better hurry before I jump ship.

Last edited by ibobby; 08-31-10 at 06:45 PM.
    08-31-10 06:38 PM
    The torch won't leave AT&T just as the bold didn't leave AT&T just as the storm won't leave Verizon. The storm3 will be their device.

08-31-10 06:42 PM
    The torch won't leave AT&T just as the bold didn't leave AT&T just as the storm won't leave Verizon. The storm3 will be their device.

Funny how T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon have Bolds in their line up.
    08-31-10 06:45 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD