Got mine from store today, was speaking to upgrade dept. yesterday and was too late for delivery today so I just went to my local store and they had them in stock.
    10-06-10 07:02 PM
    I'm hoping to upgrade to the torch asap, and would love to blag a 12 month contract out of Orange but didn't think they offered them any more. Which dept offered this?
    My contract has always been 12 months. When upgrade time comes around I just tell them that I would like to stay on the same contract, otherwise they will move me to an 18months or 24months contract.
    The advantage that I have, is the amount of money I spend a month with an average of around �70-�80. This puts me on the highest band when comes to upgrades, so they don't mind keeping me on it as the phone pays it's self in about 4-5 months.
    10-07-10 04:30 AM
    1st post...

Couldn't wait until December to upgrade to this on 3, so I upgraded my orange PAYG to an orange account. Rang orange up to see when they would have this phone, the guy on the phone told me it was in stock, and basically did a very good sales pitch... Ended up paying �49 for the phone, on a �22 contract, 500 mins, unlimited data, unlimited txt, bbm & email etc..

CAN'T WAIT to get this phone. Especially upgrading from a Curve 8520!
    Last edited by madcap71; 10-07-10 at 08:21 AM.
    10-07-10 08:15 AM
    Got mine from store today, was speaking to upgrade dept. yesterday and was too late for delivery today so I just went to my local store and they had them in stock.
    What OS ver is it shipping with??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 09:55 AM
    Now the very kind people on the forum have told me how... it is shipping with 0.246... and very snappy it is, too!
    10-07-10 11:25 AM
    At last, I ordered mine last night!!!
    Should be here tomorrow or Monday at the latest.
    Managed to convince the guy at orange to upgrade me on my current contract for free. Pretty good as I am still keeping my 12months contract!!
    10-08-10 03:55 AM
    50 quid upfront and any 12 month contract is a sick sick deal. I'm in 18 months at 40 on orange now, through p4u (no patience me!) But I've had my phone since 30th sept Loving the UMA

10-08-10 05:07 AM
    I didn't even pay the 50quid, it was just a straight 12 months upgrade for free, like in the good old days!
    As Tom from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels says: It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the Sale of the f***ing Century!"
    10-08-10 05:37 AM
    Got mine yesterday... It's nice but still getting used to the touch screen (it's my first - awww).

10-09-10 12:27 PM
    I got mine on Orange a couple days ago, having upgraded my Wife's 8900 (and then the best bit, giving her my 6month old 9700 )

Im loving the web browser but really dont see me using the virtual keyboard. All in all, very happy!
    10-09-10 01:05 PM
    1st post...

Couldn't wait until December to upgrade to this on 3, so I upgraded my orange PAYG to an orange account. Rang orange up to see when they would have this phone, the guy on the phone told me it was in stock, and basically did a very good sales pitch... Ended up paying �49 for the phone, on a �22 contract, 500 mins, unlimited data, unlimited txt, bbm & email etc..

CAN'T WAIT to get this phone. Especially upgrading from a Curve 8520!
    Is this on an 18 or 24 month contract?

10-09-10 04:31 PM
    I was flatly told that they stopped 12 month contracts on the 1st April this year....

I feel a little phone call coming on tomorrow to retentions.....

If no joy from them, I'll be on the blower to exec..
    10-09-10 04:37 PM
    Is this on an 18 or 24 month contract?

24 admittedly. but it worked out cheaper to go 24 than 18 over the course of both contracts offered. Personally, I think this device has the longevity to keep me interested in it for more than 20 months. I also may be able to get 40% line rental discount on this through my sister's work, so happy days
    10-09-10 05:09 PM
    well on the internet it shows the least you can get is a 18 month contract but i have heard that some people have done deals where they will get a 18month contract and they will pay out the last 6 months of your contract out correct me if im wrong but im sure i read that on the forums earlier
    10-09-10 05:10 PM
    My contract has always been 12 months. When upgrade time comes around I just tell them that I would like to stay on the same contract, otherwise they will move me to an 18months or 24months contract.
    The advantage that I have, is the amount of money I spend a month with an average of around �70-�80. This puts me on the highest band when comes to upgrades, so they don't mind keeping me on it as the phone pays it's self in about 4-5 months.
    Just got off the phone to Orange. Upgraded to the Torch on a 12-month contract, paying �69 for the handset.

10-11-10 04:46 AM
    oh my, just got my first voicemail on 9800 from orange, and now I can't press 2 to hear my messages!! Just seems to to nothing!!!! anyone have any tips? tried using the keyboard and the virtual buttons
    10-11-10 05:38 AM
    Thought it was '1' for Voicemail on Orange?
    10-11-10 05:57 AM
    dialing '1' gives me some sort of error. However i found the voicemail logo on the bottom of the call screen and this worked. Such a tool sometimes!
    10-11-10 06:01 AM
    I was flatly told that they stopped 12 month contracts on the 1st April this year....

I feel a little phone call coming on tomorrow to retentions.....

If no joy from them, I'll be on the blower to exec..
    As a new costumer you can't have a 12months contract. For upgrades it's different. When you ring they will ask you if you want to stay on the same contract, so it depends on your previous contract. Not sure if you they can switch you back to a 12months if you are on a 18months.
    10-11-10 09:09 AM
    Indeed - the contract i was upgrading from was a 12 month one, so i was able to keep the same tariff and upgrade for 12 months.

I'm sure once you take out an 18 month contract they won't let you go back to a 12 month one.
    10-11-10 09:24 AM
    my torch came last night and i haven't been able to put it down. Absolutely love it and I'm getting no problems with it at all. All I need now is a holster fot it
    10-12-10 08:16 AM
    I was on a 12 month contract, So the torch has gone back, I'm waiting for them to undo my upgrade and I will get one on a 12 month contract....

Woohoo!
    10-14-10 12:46 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD