Notifications issue with Torch 9800. I have the new AT&T load 6.0 Bundle 695, was hoping this would fix, but loaded yesterday and still have the issue. My calendar notifications for items synced through google sync are just a brief chirp and the notification window does not pop up. If I don't happen to hear the split second beginning of the notification chime, then I get no notification at all. However, If I enter a calendar item on the handheld, the notification works fine. If I look at the synced items in my calendar, they have the reminder checked and act like they should announce, but no go. I have the google calendar set to default and when I click "try it" on my reminder settings, it sounds fine. Any solutions?
    I found a thread on Storm that sounds very similar, cross posted there.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post5671394
    Last edited by hokiehoo; 10-13-10 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Fixed issue - noting in thread title
    10-12-10 09:40 AM
    hmm, mine aswell...none of my calender notifications sounds or vibrate, changed all my settings...still nothing....i know from the past, its something small and silly.....
    10-12-10 09:48 AM
    Just tried editing a synced appointment, still no reminder popup, only works for appointments generated on the handheld itself.
    10-12-10 10:07 AM
    im having this problem too even on appointments created on the device.
    i know it's not a fix but i did notice that if i edit, change the reminder, then save it seems to work..
    10-12-10 10:28 AM
    Open Calendar
    BB Menu > Options

In the account setting, make sure that the account you want the notifications to happen has "Display Reminders" checked.
    10-12-10 10:29 AM
    Open Calendar
    BB Menu > Options

In the account setting, make sure that the account you want the notifications to happen has "Display Reminders" checked.
    Yep, has been checked from day one, still no go. I had two calendars on the device, deleted the service book for the other to ensure no issues there, still no luck.
    10-12-10 10:39 AM
    I figured out the issue, I have Pattern Lock (paid version) installed. In the Pattern Lock options, under the General tab, there is an option to "Allow applications to pop up information over lock screen". When I set this to Yes, notifications work fine. It could be that the screen just had not locked yet for the notification I had set up on the handheld, and that's why there was a difference in synced appointments vs. handheld entered ones....

Thanks for all the ideas
    10-13-10 05:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD