Does the new webkit not save passwords for websites.?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 06:12 PM
    Yes, if it's an unsecured website (the padlock at the top is opened), and if you don't clear your cached cookies.
    09-07-10 06:29 PM
    That's standard for any browser. I was referring to a tool that saves your password for websites and then will autofill that info when u go back after you clear the cache. I thought this browser would support it since my old 8900 did.

09-09-10 08:49 AM
    Is it just me or is the new OS 6 browser UNABLE to save and autofill usernames and passwords??

I have updated to .450 properly (i.e. deleted all loader files, a full wipe and install), the phone is now stock and I am still unable to save passwords.

Does a prompt exist asking to 'remember username and password' since I have never seen it before.

I have all browser options ENABLEd i.e. cookies, javascript, geolocation.

This is doing my head in as some people have it working, please could anyone confirm if it does work.

Please help
    02-07-11 05:42 AM
    bump

02-07-11 12:22 PM
    Solution is to purchase Quick Launch, the best tool for Any BlackBerry and is a must have! It has a new AutoFill feature that you can save all your passwords , usernames, emails, etc to, then when you want to insert them in any particular field, just click the menu button then QL AUTO FILL, then choose the field you want a BIG TIME SAVER!

QuickLaunch, this application is a MUST HAVE for any BlackBerry device!!! It allows you to run any application or task via one icon which you can place on your desktop and setup shortcuts for it, additionally, it has an AUTOFILL feature that can autofill emails, usernames, passwords in any field, it comes with a weather application built in as well, a screen capture utility incase you wanted to show your screen to someone, a torch application that actually works, and a battery pull simulator to help you easily restart your device without actually removing the battery.

Price: $9.99 but is worth every penny!

Link: QuickLaunch - The Swiss Army Knife of BlackBerry Apps! - @ VOTED BEST APP 2010, 2009 by Crackberry! - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

02-07-11 12:27 PM
    hmmm I love the sound of QL - might have to check it out. Sounds very interesting and useful.

But, here is my comment: I have OS 6.337 on my Torch and I have 2 kinds of websites with password protection:

1. banking... where the browser keeps my signin "name/account number" and I manually enter the password from memory cuz of my desire for higher security, and

2. other password protected sites where I have used the Torch to select "sign in automatically" using the checkbox on the site itself. For these types of sites, when I go to them they sign me in automatically without evening stopping at the login page.
    02-07-11 12:46 PM
    Is the new QL compatible for torch?

Says for 97xx

Thanks

02-07-11 01:02 PM
    the link he posted for QL states it is for the Torch & other BB models too
    02-07-11 01:13 PM
    Is the new QL compatible for torch?

Says for 97xx

Thanks