I'm on my third Torch...some version of battery problems with each.

- The first one got very warm even while it remained in the holster.
    - The second one had incredibly short battery life, including the fact that I would shut it off when it was down to 20% battery and when I turned it on 2 hours later, the battery was completely dead.
    - I got a third Torch and and then a new charger when the same battery drain was occurring with the third Torch
    - However, the battery drain continues: last night I turned it off once the battery was fully charged and the battery was at 80% when I turned on the bb this a.m.

I've turned down the brightness, turned off wifi and deleted apps I don't use.

What in the world is the problem? I'm returning this silly thing if I can't figure it out.
    09-16-10 12:37 PM
    I'm on my third Torch...some version of battery problems with each.

- The first one got very warm even while it remained in the holster.
    - The second one had incredibly short battery life, including the fact that I would shut it off when it was down to 20% battery and when I turned it on 2 hours later, the battery was completely dead.
    - I got a third Torch and and then a new charger when the same battery drain was occurring with the third Torch
    - However, the battery drain continues: last night I turned it off once the battery was fully charged and the battery was at 80% when I turned on the bb this a.m.

I've turned down the brightness, turned off wifi and deleted apps I don't use.

What in the world is the problem? I'm returning this silly thing if I can't figure it out.
    You must have an app or a corrupted database on your phone that is causing the drain. If you are on your 3rd phone it would have to be an application causinfg it because we have 3 Torch;s at home and they all get incredible battery life! If you haven't upgraded the O/S to .225 I would highly recommend you do so. (HUGE improvement)
    09-16-10 12:43 PM
    i agree with buwee theres something corrupted in your backed up database. first try removing your 3rd party apps and see if this fixes it...if not then do a complete system wipe (i would recommend installing .214 or .225 os) and this time don't load everything from backup. Just load your contacts and let the service books do the rest. I have a feeling something in your backup is corrupt, I doubt 3 torch's have the exact same problem.
    09-16-10 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD