well, I upgraded from a Bold 9000 to a Torch 9800 last week. I'm real happy with it. I loved my Bold, but the Torch is great. I LOVE gazing at my free memory!!! LOL One problem I've found, similar to the Bold, is the battery life. Not very good. For example, I charged to 100% last night and turned it off. Turned back on early this morning and it's already down to 50%. Very few phone calls, used the internet and several programs so far, but it really shouldn't be at 50% so quickly. I know turning off wifi helps and I know a few other tricks. I wonder if others have the same problem. Is there a better battery to buy? Other than this, I love the Torch! Thanks for any input.
    11-27-10 12:03 PM
    I do not have the same problem. I am a very heavy user and I have 40% left at the end of the day. Search the forum for various causes- applications, selected networks, etc. There have been many similar posts.
    11-27-10 12:08 PM
    This has been talked about in other posts. It is said there are no batteries available yet.

Some suggestions that I have read:
    -Turn 3g off
    -Turn Wifi off (when not using it)
    -BlueTooth off (when not using it)
    -Make sure GPS apps are turned off when not in use
    -Hold down the BB button and see what apps are open and close them when not in use
    -Delete social networking app
    -Use magnetic holder when not in use (puts phone into standby mode)
    -decrease screen touch sensitivity
    -decrease screen brightness

Now of course some other people say that is Bull ****e because what is the point in having a phone like the Torch if you cannot use it how you want to use it. That point I agree with and just say make sure and have a charger when you are out and about (one for the home and one for the car works fine) That way you can use the phone how you want to use it.

I leave everything turned on (except GPS), on my phone and the battery will last the day so if your phone is not lasting the day then you may have a bad battery and should call customer support to have it replaced.
    11-27-10 02:40 PM
    I have everything enabled but have turned off Bluetooth.
    The other things that I have done from the previous post are removing the social networking app and decreased the brightness.
    My battery will last all day and a small part of the morning after. Heavy user here Faceb ook, email, google maps, browsing, messenger.
    Maybe you have a bad battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 02:50 PM
    my battery experiance has been rockstar. SOOO much better than my previous iphones under really heavy use.
    11-27-10 02:53 PM
    i find my battery to be hit or miss. sometimes it lasts a long time, other times it barely lasts at all. i dont know whats wrong. but im probably gonna look for a new battery. this one cant make up its mind. sometimes its 2000+ minutes till empty, sometimes its like 500 mins.
    11-27-10 02:58 PM
    I'm getting a full day-and-a-half's worth of moderate use out of my Torch. It's battery life is much better than my Captivate which (with moderate use) has to be charged nightly, and if I use it heavily I have to give it an early afternoon bump just to get by.
    11-27-10 04:14 PM
    I haven't had many issues with my battery life on the Torch. Unfortunately there is no extended battery being sold yet to help some of use who are heavy users
    11-27-10 04:41 PM
    No issues at all here. I listen to music, browse, bbm and email etc. I just charge it overnight and it keeps me going all day. Even when I do put it on charge at night its not flat. I have everything on except for bluetooth and I haven't altered any other settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD