I started with the 8900 and then bought the torch when it came out. By far my favorite phone yet a lot of cool features and a big upgrade from the 8900.
    Im a big fan of both the keyboard and the touch that's what appealed me to getting the torch in the 1st place. i was scared though because i've hated slider phones for as long as i can remember; but in my opinion RIM has pulled it off nicely!
    One thing im disappointed about is how slow they have been to putting out updated OS to fix some of the obvious problems that most users have been experiencing from the start

My list of issues.

- As all phones have this issue of taking awhile to response. Also when i slide my phone to turn it on from lock state; half of the screen is white and takes 3-8 seconds to response. This happens 35% of the time.

- when creating a sms. once you choose the contact instead of it going straight to the typing bar; it adds on another space to add another contact. not a big issue just annoying

- speaker phone during calls volume needs to be raised. It's highest volume isn't close to being high enough

- phone calls volume could also be raised.

- when opening a txt it opens half way thru and you have to scroll to the bottom to read the new reply. Very annoying

What to add:

- in the music section your recently added songs. (just nice not having to search for them all the time)

- more apps (obviously takes time for developers to upgrade to the 6.0 OS but it has been few months and most of the apps i had on my 8900 are yet to be available on the torch.

Overall love the phone just needs some work in few places.
    12-07-10 07:09 PM
    Your carrier is the number 1 roadblock as why you are not seeing more.updates. Im sure RIM is cooking something now just waiting for the carrier testing, which is where the majority of leaks start.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 08:05 PM
    AT&T is exactly beating our door down with a new OS updates.
    12-07-10 08:16 PM
    yep as mentioned its all up to your carrier, complain to them as loud and often as you can
    12-07-10 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD