I have bought a Torch 9800 from at&t and after 6 days i found it totally dead after i took it out of my poket.. i tried everything did a battery pull, removed the batt for 15 mins and even changed the batt and also tried a car charger and a home charger for about 2.5 hours as i lost hope i just left it infront of the air conditioner and it worked after that!
    as i woke up i found it dead and i couldnt get it to start any more!
    currently im thinking of just removing the batt for a day or so and then will stick it in the charger...

Any ideas?

Thanks
    10-15-10 07:19 AM
    I would take it back for a replacement, There's obviously something wrong with it. Best guess would be the heat sensor is malfunctioning(since u mentioned next to the AC it turned on). Simply take it to ATT and tell them whats going on and they'll replace it for you if your within your initial 90 day grace period. No reason to suffer with a malfunctioning device.
    10-15-10 07:38 AM
    Just had the same issue with a torch from Rogers. Received the phone on Wednesday, and it is completely dead today (Saturday). Just called Rogers and they are sending me a replacement device.
    10-16-10 08:37 PM
    Hello......... I am now a Blackberry Torch (9800) user. Can someone tell what are some good apps i need to download?
    10-16-10 08:49 PM
    Hello......... I am now a Blackberry Torch (9800) user. Can someone tell what are some good apps i need to download?
    These are what I recommend..Quicklaunch, BerryBuzz, some type of keyboard locker such as Patternlock or BEIKS, Pinball , and either Poynt or Yellowpages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 10:27 PM
    the score mobile
    10-16-10 10:39 PM
    after all the troubles they refused to change the phone claiming that it has been unlocked "thru at&t customer service" and they say that the warranty is void after literally only 5 days of use!!! they even refused to get it fix under my expense...how disappointing!
    11-02-10 06:17 PM
    The tough luck about buying a phone from at&t in the states is you have to give it back to the oiginal carrier to repair the phone. No other carrier will send it off for you.
    11-02-10 06:30 PM
    The tough luck about buying a phone from at&t in the states is you have to give it back to the oiginal carrier to repair the phone. No other carrier will send it off for you.
    actually i have sent it to at&t in the states... and yet they said so!
    11-02-10 08:05 PM
    Man, that sucks. Last resort would be try calling RIM tech support directly not sure if they still charge or not for each call.
    11-02-10 08:34 PM
    My phone just started acting up today. When I hold down the trackpad it powers on but as soon as I let go, it shuts off and does not come back on until I hold down the trackpad.
    11-02-10 11:58 PM
    after all the troubles they refused to change the phone claiming that it has been unlocked "thru at&t customer service" and they say that the warranty is void after literally only 5 days of use!!! they even refused to get it fix under my expense...how disappointing!

Have them explain how unlocking software via a key (which is something many carriers provide for traveling purposes for free) voids the warranty when obviously there is a hardware problem. Have them show you the policy in writing and also have them show you where you acknowledging this at the time of purchase. Removing the subsidy lock is a basic GSM feature. Now if you did it by tweaking firmware, that is a different story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD