I recently upgraded to the Torch and there are somethings that I find Bold did better and vice versa.

Torch:

+ Track pad is amazing, it's mind reading accurate.
    + Better design (Rubbery battery cover, convenience key doesn't accidentally get pressed)
    + Brightness is stronger
    + Better video & camera
    + Bigger screen
    + Faster Browser
    + Home screen
    + Universal search
    + Free packaged togo apps
    + Better aesthetics
    + Touchscreen

Bold:

+ Better speakers
    + Better keyboard
    + Better reception, especially wifi.
    + More rugged quality
    + Easier to navigate! (It takes me less time and clicks to get where I want with OS 5)
    + Weighs less
    + Packaged with a magnetic pouch!
    + Extra USB cable

I've been only using it for less than 2 days now, so these are the only things I've noticed.
    11-03-10 01:07 PM
    I also switched from a Bold 9000. Some comments:

+ Better speakers - The Bold probably had the best speakers of any BB
    + Better keyboard - I agree but it didn't take long to get used to the Torch KB
    + Better reception, especially wifi - Haven't noticed any difference on mine
    + More rugged quality - I agree
    + Easier to navigate! (It takes me less time and clicks to get where I want with OS 5) - Once you get used to OS6 this shouldn't be a big problem. You can also use universal search to get to different areas quicker.
    + Weighs less - Not that big of a difference to matter to me.
    + Packaged with a magnetic pouch! - I've never used the OEM pouch that came with any of my BB's so this was not an issue.
    + Extra USB cable - The Bold did not come with an extra cable, it came with a charger and a USB cable. On the Torch, the charger cable can be used to hook up to a PC. Having an extra one would have been nice but they're pretty cheap if you need one.
    11-03-10 01:14 PM
    I recently upgraded to the Torch and there are somethings that I find Bold did better and vice versa.

Torch:

+ Track pad is amazing, it's mind reading accurate.
    + Better design (Rubbery battery cover, convenience key doesn't accidentally get pressed)
    + Brightness is stronger
    + Better video & camera
    + Bigger screen
    + Faster Browser
    + Home screen
    + Universal search
    + Free packaged togo apps
    + Better aesthetics
    + Touchscreen

Bold:

+ Better speakers
    + Better keyboard
    + Better reception, especially wifi.
    + More rugged quality
    + Easier to navigate! (It takes me less time and clicks to get where I want with OS 5)
    + Weighs less
    + Packaged with a magnetic pouch!
    + Extra USB cable

I've been only using it for less than 2 days now, so these are the only things I've noticed.

The Bold DOES have better speakers, the keyboard is a little bit better, but i prefer the torch keyboard now that i've used it for two months. the reception is better? I don't think so. I get better reception n my torch than my mom does on the bold 9000. I just got the bold for my mom and she had been playing with my torch off and on and she said OS6 is easier to navigate than os5. as for the magnetic pouch that's nice they included it with but its not a necessity. i never got an extra usb cable with my bold either.
    11-03-10 01:17 PM
    Having had a Bold 9000 I can say without reservation there is NOTHING it does
    better than the 9800. The Torch outclasses that behemoth all day, everyday.
    11-03-10 01:21 PM
    I will agree on the speaker, the Bold's speakers were very nice. It took a lot of abuse as well and I loved the keyboard, probably the best keyboard of any Blackberry. That being said, easier to navigate? No way OS6 along with the touchscreen way outshines OS5 and the Bold. Once I learned OS6 I find it much easier to navigate. I also would not want to go back to using just a trackball or even just a trackpad. I did love my Bold though, I got it the day they were released and kept it until I bought the Torch.
    11-03-10 01:50 PM
    For everything that truly matters from an overall functional pov, I totally agree.
    11-03-10 02:29 PM
    The Torch oem pouch is far, far better than the 9000 pouch, even if it's not included...

As for wifi reception, I have not seen that at all. Not to mention OS6 acquires wifi lock insanely faster than the OS the 9000 is running...
    11-03-10 02:56 PM
    Do you believe that the keyboard on the Torch is better than the Bold 9000? Also, the battery life on the Bold is better than on the Torch isn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 03:09 PM
    I have to say the keyboard on the 9000 is better.
    I had a 9700 for a year and when I picked up my friends 9000 I could still type faster and more accurately on it. And I think the 9700 keyboard is better then the torchs keyboard.

And the speaker is no comparison better on the 9000. If I don't use my Bluetooth headset I can barely hear anything if there is noise around my. People didn't have that problem on the 9000.

Having said all that I prefer my Torch overall to the 9000. But the 9000 had some really good points.
    11-03-10 03:46 PM
    Battery life is better on the 9800. The 9000 had a big battery but it uses it pretty fast.
    11-03-10 03:48 PM
    I think the volume is a software issue. The clarity of the 9000 speaker is better, but volume I do not think is a hardware problem.

The 8330 and 8530 series can get plenty loud even, they just aren't as clear.
    11-03-10 03:49 PM
    It is software and hardware.

I am hoping with a new OS the Torch gets louder.
    11-03-10 03:58 PM
    The Torch keyboard has a stiffer backing that eliminates the clackiness that I noticed on my 9000 and 9700. The trackpad and touchscreen as well as OS 6 alone are worth the change. Battery life is comparable to the 9000 depending on your settings and usage.
    11-03-10 06:17 PM
    Yeah i actually like the 9800 keyboard better than the 9650. The 9000 was pretty nice but the larger device size in general was a sligthly negative tradeoff imo...
    11-03-10 06:36 PM
    Do you believe that the keyboard on the Torch is better than the Bold 9000? Also, the battery life on the Bold is better than on the Torch isn't it?
    Yes to the keyboard. It is much much better.

No to the battery life but such is touchscreens.
    11-03-10 07:08 PM
    I have both and agree completely. I could never go back.
    11-03-10 08:26 PM
    gotta say the 9000 always felt a bit more well built in my hand than my torch. My torch is great but it has a "fragile" feel to it, mainly because of that damn wiggle!! I had to do the battery cover fix as well which helped
    11-03-10 09:01 PM
    I loved my Bold, and I think I still like its keyboard better, but it's a more than fair compromise for the Torch's bigger display, touch screen, better browser, and OS6 in general. Love this Torch.
    11-03-10 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD