Ok i checked and my network card is set to 802.11g, i also changed it to 802.11b, both is supported by my card, however both options yielded no results, The following is my network card configuration:
    I also tried changing to wpa2, the phone asked for a passphrase and i assumed it was the network key for the pc does not show anything like a passphrase only network key, however still no luck. attached an in depth breakdown of my pc settings

Network Name (SSID): ***********
    Network Key (WEP/WPA Key): ********
    Key Provided Automatically (802.1x): 0
    Network Authentication Type: WPAPSK
    Data Encryption Type: TKIP
    Connection Type: ESS
    Key Index:

other settings i've played with:

CARD supports b or G

IBSS54g(tm)mode: currently it is on 802.11b Only, i can change it to either
    54g performance or
    54g Auto. Tried all

IBSS 54 g protection mode auto or disabled, not fiddled with this.

ibss allowed = enabled

mixed cell support= disabled
    Attached Files
    07-19-13 04:11 AM
    Guess you didn't resolve this in the other thread
    07-19-13 12:37 PM
    I'm a bit confused about what you are doing.

Are you trying to use your PC as a wireless router and connect your phone to it using Internet Connection Sharing?

and X2, please don't split your thread up. It makes it difficult to follow the issue.
    07-19-13 04:33 PM
    It sounds like you're trying to use your network card as a wireless access point. But I don't think it works that way. Your PC can see a network that is an access point - someone's wireless router. Your phone also sees it. But your PC is not a router (that's not what it does) so it is not seen by your phone.

All those settings you listed is so your card can access another network using the info listed.

Unless, as already mentioned, you're trying to set up an internet sharing connection. But your PC would need (usually direct) internet access already. And it sounds like your PC and phone can already connect to the same wireless internet source. So what would be the point?

On the other hand, if you're trying to connect directly to your PC as a wireless local area network, the phone needs to have WiFi Direct. Unfortunately, that will be available only in the new BB10 phones once OS 10.2 is out. Something our old Torch can't get.

There are apps that allow you to access you phone's file system from your PC as long as you're on the same network. The app enables it and tells you the IP address on the network, then you enter that address in the browser on your PC, and it's like an ftp access. Not what you want, but that's the best you can get on a 9800.
    07-20-13 06:06 PM
    Thanks Joe, your answer was what i was looking for, i simply want to transfer music from my pc to my blackberry via the wireless feature but from what you say it doesn't seem possible on the torch, (via a direct connection to my wireless ethernet card on my pc)

"There are apps that allow you to access you phone's file system from your PC as long as you're on the same network. The app enables it and tells you the IP address on the network, then you enter that address in the browser on your PC, and it's like an ftp access. Not what you want, but that's the best you can get on a 9800."

So how i understand, does that mean i need to purchase a home router, setup as a wifi network at home for this to work ? but then does it use the Internet to transfer the files or will it transfer it directly to my bb.

Perhaps a blue tooth kit for the pc would be the best option, i just don't like the wear of continuously putting in and pulling a cable from my torch, wireles transfer seems so much nicer.
    07-21-13 04:49 AM
    AFAIK, you can not use a wireless connection (WiFi or BT) to sync/transfer music, pictures, or video. BT is supported over DM for backups and Organizer data. Transferring files over BT is one at a time.

"USB mode" on the 9800 is just that, "USB". You can simply drag and drop. I have a USB cradle for mine and have used it daily for over 2 year.

About transferring and synchronizing media files - User Guide - BlackBerry Torch 9800 Smartphone - 6.0
    07-21-13 03:50 PM